#1 13 Mar 07 :: 10:32

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I witnessed a piece of Music History yesterday!

This is the reason why I wasn't online yesterday.
My parents and I and a friend of ours went to the JOAN BAEZ CONCERT in Karlsruhe!!!
The ticket was a part of my birthday presents back in January. I wanted the ticket because my brother gave two tickets to my parents for christmas. But I wanted to go to the concert too, so our friend Heide bought another two tickets, one for me and one for herself.
And finally, yesterday was the big day!
First we met with my mom's cousin and his wife at their house to have some tea (because they live in Karlsruhe too and we don't see them very often) and later we went to Heide's house to meet with her to have some dinner before we went to the concert.

The concert was sooo great! The whole hall was FULL! Not one empty chair! Most of the audience was at the age of my parents and my mom kept making jokes about that (because I was one of the few younger people) but I didn't care about that. I basically grew up surrounded by Joan Baez and Bob Dylan music since my mom was/is a big fan of them. And she even sang our favorite song (that would be "Love is just a four-letter word")! It was soooo great listening to that!
I wanted to come online afterwards but we got home by 11pm or something like that and I was SO tired, I went straight to bed.

The only bad thing was that my dad's camera sucked once again, so I couldn't take good pictures. I'll post one here, which is probably the best one of six pictures I tried to take. Unfortunately it's very blurred.

1020704.jpg

But the concert was great and I am VERY happy that I had the chance to see her live once. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#2 13 Mar 07 :: 10:39

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: I witnessed a piece of Music History yesterday!

That's great, Anne! I'm glad you had a lot of fun and got to see a great concert.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#3 13 Mar 07 :: 11:05

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, it was indeed great. I mean, she is 65 years old now and she still has a great voice. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to see her live!

I hugged the Seeker!

#4 13 Mar 07 :: 16:06

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

She's awesome.  I'd love to see her live.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

Board footer