#1 11 Jun 08 :: 19:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

General site announcements and changes

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but intermittently lately the site has been loading very slowly. I've just contacted Tech Support and they said that another client who is also on the same server we use suddenly has very high traffic and they're trying to find out who it is and hopefully fix the problem. They offered to move us to another server, but that would mean the site is going to be offline for a few hours again. I said that's not necessary at this point, but it might become that if they can't solve the problem.

I'll keep you updated.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 11 Jun 08 :: 21:50

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: General site announcements and changes

Yeah, it has been occasionally slow.  I just thought it was me.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 11 Jun 08 :: 21:52

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'll watch this for another two or three weeks. If it doesn't get better, I'll ask for them to move us. Or else if any of you encounter a lot of time-outs for the site that get really annoying, please let me know and I'll do something sooner.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 11 Jun 08 :: 21:59

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, I thought it was just me too.

LifeSucks.jpg

#5 11 Jun 08 :: 22:40

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey, mass hallucination! tongue

-TeeJay

#6 25 Jun 08 :: 23:19

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Quick question: Have you guys been experiencing anymore availability problems with the site lately? I haven't, but I'm not on the site or the board 24/7. Would be cool if they had fixed the problem.

-TeeJay

#7 25 Jun 08 :: 23:20

magicalturkey
Website

Last night I couldn't get on for a few minutes.  Might have been my computer though.

LifeSucks.jpg

#8 26 Jun 08 :: 02:30

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nothing since that weird hiccup yesterday.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#9 23 Jun 10 :: 11:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Message from our website service provider:

Dear customer,

on June 25th, between two and five o'clock am (Central European Time), we're going to accomplish maintenance on our network. This could lead to a restricted availability of your websites for a short duration.

There will be made no changes on the servers. Your websites will be available again as soon as the maintenance is completed.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

That means the site (including message board) may be down on June 24 between 8:00 and 11:00 PM EST. (Can you tell they're not native English speakers?) tongue

-TeeJay

#10 23 Jun 10 :: 15:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Lucky I'll be busy with Elaine's visit.  Love how they say they're going to "accomplish" maintenance.  tongue

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#11 27 Jun 10 :: 02:07

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Someone needs to learn their spelling and grammar.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#12 10 Aug 10 :: 11:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The message board has recently been converted to a new version and not all funtionality of the old message board might be available. It would be great if you could e-mail me (teejay@chris-marquette.com) or post on the message board if you notice any missing functions or things that look strange or aren't working. Thanks.

You may also need to adjust your message board style in your profile. (Click on "Profile" and "Display".) The old style had to be renamed to "cm com", which may cause the default style "Air" to display for some users.

Otherwise, I think users will notice little change. The Report, Delete, Edit, etc. buttons look a little different and we now also have an RSS feed link (Atom topic feed in the bottom right hand corner). Please note that public write access had to be disabled in the Guestbook section because the new forum software doesn't have a spam protection for guest posting.

-TeeJay

#13 06 Dec 10 :: 01:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I just got an e-mail that our provider is going to move our website to another server on Dec 10, 2010. They say the website will be offline for approx. 4 hours after 2 AM CET that day (meaning 8 PM EST on Dec 09). And they say the new server has the same specs as the old one. If anyone experiences any site issues after the move (e.g. loading speed, etc.), please let me know so that I can get them to fix it.

-TeeJay

#14 06 Dec 10 :: 01:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Will do.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#15 06 Dec 10 :: 04:33

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Thats rather lame. Will let you know if theres any glitches then, TJ.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#16 25 Jan 11 :: 21:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Message from our service provider:

On January 27th and 28th, between 12:00 a.m. and 07:00 a.m. CET, we're going to accomplish maintenance on our network. This could lead to a restricted availability of your websites for a short duration.

There will be made no changes on the servers. Your websites will be available again as soon as the maintenance is completed.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

That means Jan 27 and 28 from 6 PM to 1 AM EST.

-TeeJay

#17 26 Jan 11 :: 00:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh man.  OK.  Well, I guess it's good that it's not Saturday.  I'm going to see The Rite on Saturday and I might have something to say about it.  tongue

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#18 26 Jan 11 :: 00:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It doesn't mean that the site will be down the whole time. It might be down for some time during then. If you have something to say, you can always save it in a Word file and post later. smile

-TeeJay

#19 18 Aug 11 :: 21:13

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just got an e-mail from our provider that they're doing maintance on their servers on August 19 between 4 and 6 AM CET (i.e. 10 PM Aug 18 and 12 AM Aug 19 EST). The site (including the MB) might be down during that time.

-TeeJay

#20 13 Dec 11 :: 23:40

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Our website provider is gonna do server maintenance on Friday, Dec 16th between 2 and 6 AM CET (= Dec 15h, 8 PM to midnight EST). The site may be down during that time.

-TeeJay

#21 23 Dec 11 :: 00:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

xmas2011_sm.jpg

It's been kind of a quiet year in 2011, but nonetheless have we had a lot of fun with the Chris-related things we've discovered over the last twelve months. Thanks, everyone, for sticking around on the Message Board, and a warm welcome to the new fans who have found their way here.

As the year comes to a close, we would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas time and a Happy New Year. May 2012 bring lots of new project for Chris and all the things that anyone can wish for!

-TeeJay

#22 23 Dec 11 :: 02:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well said.  Seconded.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#23 23 Dec 11 :: 22:16

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Thanks, guys!  It's been quiet (except for the reappearance of you-know-who last spring/summer), but good year on the site.  I don't post as much as I used to, but I check in every day.  I appreciate having a place to check out all the news.  I hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2012.  I found a great job this year and I hope Christmas 2012 finds Anne in her dream job.  If anyone is traveling during the holidays, please be careful.  See you all in 2012!

TeeJay, are you taking any fabulous vacations over the holidays?

#24 24 Dec 11 :: 00:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

justme wrote:

TeeJay, are you taking any fabulous vacations over the holidays?

LOL. Nope. Just seeing my family. I'm actually working Dec 27 and 28. And then back to work on Jan 02. Not sure when my next vacation will be. Probably in spring some time, visiting Steffi in Copenhagen. Or maybe even flying to New York, if that works out.

-TeeJay

#25 24 Dec 11 :: 00:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

You can go visit the Foglers!  LOL!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer