#1 04 Aug 11 :: 00:05

wel.hume

Hi!

Hello, I am new here to the forum and would like to introduce myself! I'm a HUGE Chris fan, mainly from seeing him in Joan of Arcadia, my all time favorite show. smile Lately I've missed the JoA days so much I've been raiding my JoA photo and fanart collection and watching all the episodes over again. I think I've seen close to everything Chris has been in. I first saw him in Up, Up and Away when it came out on Disney Channel and even as a young actor, he blew me away. Anyway, can't wait to get acquainted on the boards and start discussing everything Chris!! smile

-Joanna

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

#2 04 Aug 11 :: 01:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Hi!

Very nice to meet you Joanna!  Welcome to our board. We love meeting new Chris fans.  Especially JoA fans since that's probably the thing most of us love above all of his work.  Some of us even still write fan fiction.  It's very cool that you've been a fan of his work for so long.  I love your avatar.  Did you make it?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 04 Aug 11 :: 01:24

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

PS: If you feel like it, please answer the Chris questionnaire here in the Introduce Yourself. It's a fun way to help us get to know you and get conversations started.  smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#4 04 Aug 11 :: 04:03

wel.hume

Hi! I didn't make my avatar, I found it on livejournal years ago and saved it. smile I love fanfiction! I just got into it again a few weeks ago! I wrote a bunch of JoA fanfiction back in the day, and posted some of it. But this last month I have been Joan and Adam fanfic like crazy. Haha, I swear I'm addicted. I see your signature says Deb, do you happen to be the Deb of the TJ/Deb collaboration on fanfiction.net?  If so..gah. I'm such a fan. smile

I'll definitely check out that questionnaire. I can't believe how fantastically extensive this website is!! Loving it!! smile

-Joanna

Maybe it's like that anti-drug guy said, you know? Romantic love is like a mental illness. It just happens and then what are you gonna do?

#5 04 Aug 11 :: 04:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, my friend.  TeeJay and Anne and I are the creators and owners of this site and TeeJay has a TON of A/J work of FFN.  She and I wrote most of the A/J epic Butterflies together (along with contributions form Laura and Carol), which is on FFN.  I'm glad you like our stuff.  We love our little Joaniverse.  Writing that fic and all the adventures we've had because of this website have been some of the best times I've ever had.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#6 04 Aug 11 :: 04:53

wel.hume

Ah, I though so! You ladies are my heroes!! I just finished that epic Butterflies this week!!! My goodness am I in love with that story! Wonderful job in creating your Joaniverse!! That story has been keeping me up reading into the wee hours of the night for the last few weeks! It had soo much emotional depth-and gave me some much needed closure. You writers are just amazing!!! smile

-Joanna

#7 04 Aug 11 :: 05:04

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thank you very much.  I'm really happy that enjoyed it.  Now, on this message board in the Fan Fiction sections, we have a bunch of Butterflies "satellite vignette" fics that are available nowhere else, mostly written by Carol & I.  Hopefully, you were reading the R version because I'll be honest, most of these vignettes are smut, or further into the future.  Just scroll through the threads, you'll find 'em. wink

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#8 04 Aug 11 :: 06:18

wel.hume

Ahhh, so stoked! I've been dying for more of that fantastic Joaniverse!!! I read these at night..while I'm supposed to be sleeping, and it feels as close to JoA as I can get. Sending me off into a JoA universe of thoughtfulness and dreams. Haha. I'm sooo excited to check these out!! You are all such talented writers!

After reading all this fanfiction lately, I had a dream last night that Oxygen (tv channel) was going to air a 6 episode season 3 of JoA to conclude the story. I was sooo excited. Why did I have to wake up?! sad

Yes, I read the R rated version. I started that R one, felt a little weird..read on with the PG one, was lacking a little of the true nature of the story, and switched back. So beautifully written. Truly wonderful job. You're ability to write for these characters sooo...in character, is outstanding. smile

-Joanna

#9 04 Aug 11 :: 07:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey Joanne, welcome to the message board!! Are you also the one who reviewed a bunch of my other FFN JoA fanfics in the last couple of days? It's been a wonderful surprirse to receive such gushing reviews for things I posted years and years ago. (Not that I'm complaining, mind you.) smile It's just that I'm terrible with answering reviews on FFN...

Anyway, welcome to the MB, hope you have fun and here's to lots of fruitful, Chris-related discussions.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#10 04 Aug 11 :: 17:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

There are also some other ones on FFN:

The Haircut
Future Prospects
Adam Who?
Jane

To Give Is To Receive (by femmenerd)
Experiments
Everywhere
Dreaming Is Free

The ones that are posted on here are:

Three Story High Club
Taken
Valentine
Stranded
Overtime
Drive, She Said
Whatshername

Hope I'm not forgetting anything!  And thanks again for the kind words.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#11 04 Aug 11 :: 18:32

wel.hume

Yes, haha, I'm TheCaptian on Fanfiction, and I've been relishing in your writing for the last month, reviewing when I remember to. Ah, and now I can't wait to read some more JoA-goodness here on the boards. I read several last night and am so glad that I decided to join your Chris Community!

-Joanna

#12 04 Aug 11 :: 19:19

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I realize this is late, but I must have missed this thread before, sorry. Welcome to the boards, wel.hume!

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 04 Aug 11 :: 21:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

wel.hume wrote:

Yes, haha, I'm TheCaptian on Fanfiction, and I've been relishing in your writing for the last month, reviewing when I remember to.

Joanna, thank you so much for all your reviews. Like I said, I'm terrible at answering reviews on FFN. I just find their private messaging system a little cumbersome. But each and every one of your reviews made me squee a little. You asked whether I was going to continue "Why?", and I gotta say, I don't think I will. I don't know, even though JoA will always have a special place in my heart, I've kind of taken my leave of the fandom. So much in my life has changed since then, and I think it's only natural that interests shift.

I don't wanna move this away from JoA and Chris, but if you're watching the USA Network show "White Collar" by any chance, I'm very active in the fanfic department for that show right now. But if you've looked at my FFN profile recently, you might have already noticed that. I'm usually a fandom monogamist, and White Collar is where I'm stuck at the moment.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#14 05 Aug 11 :: 05:41

EOcean214
Dorquette

domesticelefant wrote:

I realize this is late, but I must have missed this thread before, sorry. Welcome to the boards, wel.hume!

Yes me too! a belated welcome to you joanne!

Lindsey

#15 05 Aug 11 :: 20:48

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

welcome Joanne! Fresh blood, oh goodie! big_smile I love your gushing enthusiasm.

joa219crysig.jpg

#16 06 Aug 11 :: 04:59

Marvalus
Unchallenged

Welcome to you!  I'm pretty new too.  Your enthusiasm is impressive and contagious!!!!

#17 06 Aug 11 :: 05:15

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Welcome, Joanne! You are going to fit in great on here! Are you a fan of Sean Marquette as well?

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#18 06 Aug 11 :: 07:06

wel.hume

Thanks guys! I suddenly feel soo welcome! smile

TJ- I hear you, and I truly enjoyed that fic while it lasted!! I haven't gotten into White Collar, but maybe I should, that show has always looked promising. I'm at a bit of a loss with television these days. Since so much of it is poor quality. sad

And yes, to who asked, I am a Sean Marquette fan! I've only seen a handful of things he's been in, but much like his brother; he's a very entertaining young actor!

#19 06 Aug 11 :: 11:29

Warbee
Unchallenged

Welcome welcome welcome....sorry for the delay!! I am usually on here alot more frequently but I have been having abit of a crazy time over here. From what I have read it seems like you are going to fit right in here. Almost surprised its taken so long for us to meet you!! Haha but glad to see you are such a fan of Chris. And I agree I would love to see him on a series again!

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#20 06 Aug 11 :: 12:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

wel.hume wrote:

TJ- I hear you, and I truly enjoyed that fic while it lasted!! I haven't gotten into White Collar, but maybe I should, that show has always looked promising. I'm at a bit of a loss with television these days. Since so much of it is poor quality. sad

I hear ya. I've watched a few pilots lately that I didn't think were worth pursuing. It's really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Not that a watch a large number of their shows, but I think USA Network generally has a knack for picking interesting TV shows. I'm also watching "Suits" and "Necessary Roughness" now, though I like Suits better than NR. White Collar's third season in a little disappointing, to be honest, but I thought the first two were wonderful.

-TeeJay

Board footer