#126 06 Apr 07 :: 21:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Graduation

Hehe, guys, Brian Ralston just registered on our forum. Brian, if you read this, welcome to our "humble abode". Got anything to share about the movie? Please do!

And most importantly: Have you met Chris? Got any embarrassing stuff about him to tell us? wink

Maybe you can help out with the music, there was some discussion as to what music was used in the trailer (see above).

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#127 06 Apr 07 :: 21:38

Brian Ralston

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Oh, but I guess I should've told you, this is apparently the one they're using for World Fest because I found it on some Houston site that was advertising the movies for the the fest.

And...what Houston site is that?  If you don't mind me asking.  Seriously.  I would like to know.  smile

And no...that is not an official poster.  Not even close.  To my knowledge...an official one has not been made yet.  The one shown here was made by a few of us tinkering around ideas on breaks during the sound edit last year.  Mostly to pass the time.  It is small on purpose because it does not really conform to any of the contractual obligations regarding names and how things need to be listed.  If it were more legible (other than the title), I am sure producers from the production would have issues with what was on it and how things were listed.  So...it is small and unreadable for that reason and used really only as a placeholder on my site (for example) until the real poster is done.  Which I don't know when that will be.  It is a bit out of my area. 

Regards,

Brian Ralston
Composer of GRADUATION

#128 06 Apr 07 :: 21:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks for the info, Brian. I sure hope they come up with a better poster (no offense). Do you know if there's gonna be another website for the movie? Wonder why the old one was taken down...

Deb will have to get back to you about the Houston site since she found the poster on there. Are you gonna slap their wrists for taking the poster image off your site? wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#129 06 Apr 07 :: 21:45

Brian Ralston

TeeJay wrote:

Hehe, guys, Brian Ralston just registered on our forum. Brian, if you read this, welcome to our "humble abode". Got anything to share about the movie? Please do!

Things are kind of busy today due to the holiday weekend coming up.  Maybe I can come back on Monday and answer that question better.  smile

TeeJay wrote:

And most importantly: Have you met Chris? Got any embarrassing stuff about him to tell us? wink

I have met Chris...just once.  He was very nice.  Of course, I can't say that I know him.  He worked on another film (Fanboys) that starred a friend of mine Kristen Bell.  We spoke briefly about that.  KBell was in an award winning short I produced a couple years ago called THE RECE!PT and she was in a musical I worked on back in 2003 called Sneaux. 

I am now a fan of Chris though.  His performance in GRADUATION is very good and something, in my opinion, he should be proud of. 

TeeJay wrote:

Maybe you can help out with the music, there was some discussion as to what music was used in the trailer (see above).

-TeeJay

Let me get back to you all on that later...if you don't mind.  smile

Happy Easter folks!

#130 06 Apr 07 :: 21:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Why do I always miss the best when it's happening on the forum? (I guess it's my dad's fault, I was online half the day here and suddenly he shows up and wants to go online himself ...) roll

Welcome, Brian, it's cool to have you here. And Happy Easter to you, too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#131 06 Apr 07 :: 21:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just come back when you have time, Brian. Whatever you can share will be greatly appreciated.

We know all about Fanboys, there's a guy here on the forum (Sean a.k.a. Chnyst) who's worked as an extra on the movie. He's met Kristen as well, so maybe you two can share stories. smile Deb saw Kristen at the FX Show convention in Orlando, FL in January, but I don't think she actually spoke to her. Did you, Deb?

Happy Easter to you from Germany as well!

Chill, Anne, Brian only posted a few minutes ago. You didn't really miss much.

-TeeJay

#132 06 Apr 07 :: 21:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thanks, Brian.  Great stuff.  Yep, we know all about Fanoys, of course.  I was just with the gang (including KB) at the FX Show in Orlando back in January.  It was a blast.  These people are HILARIOUS!

Can't wait to read more posts from you.  I'll go back online and see if I can find that page again where the "poster" was.  I was just Googling and it was several pages in.  I'll post a link here when I find it.

Thanks for joining our little MB.  We already know we're gonna love Chris in Graduation just from the trailer.  And we've corresponded a bit with Chris Lowell too.  He let us use some of the photos he took of his costars here on the site.  What a total sweetheart!

And just so you know, this movie may be the one I'm most anxious to see right now.  It just looks like so much fun!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#133 06 Apr 07 :: 22:03

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Chill, Anne, Brian only posted a few minutes ago. You didn't really miss much.

I just noticed that too. But it sucks being always the last one to read the news.

I hugged the Seeker!

#134 06 Apr 07 :: 23:29

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Brian, I went 28 pages into Google with the same search words before I gave up and I couldn't find that site again.  I did notice that the order of the photos is different today than it was last time I looked.  Maybe Google shuffles them?  IMDb does that.  Sorry, I guess I can't enlighten you on that one.

TeeJay, I also found that cropped version of the October Nerds set pic that you put on Wiki elsewhere.  It was on  Answers.com.  It's spreading!  One more piece of original material we've contributed to other people's pages about Chris.  Cool.  I also saw your Fanboys t-shirt graphic on some sci-fi page I'd never heard of before so that thing's still getting around.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#135 06 Apr 07 :: 23:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hehe, that's cool, that things we put up are spreading. smile And, well, duh, answers.com links to wiki and uses what is up on wiki. No wonder the pic is showing up there. Oh, and I think some idiot deleted all of Chris's filmography entries on wikepedia. I didn't go and put it all back up. We have it on the site. It's not like I'm keeper of Chris's wiki page.

-TeeJay

#136 07 Apr 07 :: 00:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, since I don't use Wiki because it's not reliable, I had no idea that Answers links to them.  I only use About.com and IMDb for research.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#137 07 Apr 07 :: 11:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

WHAT??? Someone deleted his filmography? What kind of bad joke is that supposed to be? mad

I hugged the Seeker!

#138 07 Apr 07 :: 12:13

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It looks really botched up now. There's only three entries left and it looks horrible, like someone accidentally deleted it and didn't care enough to restore it. I think sometimes Wiki has these bots that change stuff automatically. Might have been something like that.

-TeeJay

#139 07 Apr 07 :: 12:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I saw it. I had a look at the page after I read it there. But well, I don't really care a lot about wikipedia. Every idiot can submit stuff there.

I hugged the Seeker!

#140 07 Apr 07 :: 12:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Every idiot can submit stuff there.

Yeah. Or delete stuff. hmm

-TeeJay

#141 07 Apr 07 :: 12:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah. Or delete stuff. hmm

Yeah, that too. At least we are still linked there, so people who need proper information can still come to our site.

I hugged the Seeker!

#142 16 Apr 07 :: 01:48

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Sadly, Chris tells us he will not make it to Houston for World Fest.  sad

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#143 16 Apr 07 :: 09:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I would have been surprised if he was, actually. There's so much going on in April for him. Somehow I have the feeling he's gonna have all these publicity events crammed into April and then there won't be much going on for the rest of the year. Well, except him shooting a new movie...

-TeeJay

#144 16 Apr 07 :: 09:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, new movies are always cool, unless we don't have to wait another two years until we get to see it ...

I hugged the Seeker!

#145 16 Apr 07 :: 17:53

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

If my calculations are correct, this new project will be big enough that it should be slated for summer '08.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#146 16 Apr 07 :: 17:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

And if it's big enough, we might even get a halfway simultaneous US/European release. Let's cross our fingers.

-TeeJay

#147 16 Apr 07 :: 19:35

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay, then we just need to know if it's going to be shown in English somewhere here too and everything is PERFECT. big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#148 23 Apr 07 :: 11:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Brian, if you come back here some time, do you think you can help us identifying some of the music in the trailer? Did you put that together, or did someone else decide on what music to use? I love the Caesars song, they used to play it on the radio over here a lot a while ago. The dicsussion we've had about the songs you can find here:
http://www.chris-marquette.com/forum/vi … 6372#p6372

Also, have you seen the final cut of the movie? There's really not a lot of info about it out there on the WWW and we're curious to hear a bit more about Chris's character Carl. Can you tell us a little bit without giving too much away? So far pretty much all we know is what you can see in the trailer and that his mother has an illness (I vaguely remember something about leukemia, but I'm not sure) and that they seem to be breaking into the bank to finance her treatment. Is that true?

Overall, it looks like such a fun movie. I wish I could see it already! One of our new German members (pink_flower) is also really jazzed about the movie and just asked us if we know anything more about it. I hope it does well at the Film Fest in Houston and that it'll help for them to distribute it faster. We're all on the edges of our seats here.

-TeeJay

#149 24 Apr 07 :: 09:01

OhGnarly

I found a review of Graduation over at http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea … 40968.html.

Here's what they had to say about Chris:
As Carl (whose mother is ill), Chris Marquette looks like a young John Cusack and shows similar stoic charm. Marquette's Carl is Graduation's emotional heart, but he never takes the character into gooey sentimentality.

It sounds awesome - can't wait to see it. big_smile

#150 24 Apr 07 :: 15:24

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Ah, to be in Houston in the Springtime...

Happy Graduation Day Houston!  If anyone goes to World Fest today and watches Graduation, you'd better come here and share your thoughts!

Thanks for posting the review Brenna.  You're digging up some great stuff, girl.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer