#26 24 Dec 11 :: 00:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: General site announcements and changes

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Well said.  Seconded.  smile

Can I "third" that? Sorry, I am just still so NOT in christmas mood, but I still hope everyone here has a good one. Since we got the news of my mom's cancer last year I kinda wished for a better announcement this year (like maybe that I am going to be an aunt sometime next year) but I doubt that's gonna happen.
I wanna visit New York and Copenhagen, too. Everyone travels the world and I am stuk here, it's just not fair.
OK, enough whining.

I hugged the Seeker!

#27 24 Dec 11 :: 02:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

You can go visit the Foglers!  LOL!

In Copenhagen? (Just kidding.) big_smile I don't even know if the trip is gonna happen. And if it does, I kinda doubt Anja and Constanze would like to meet the Fogler family. I, however, would certainly not say no.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#28 18 Jan 12 :: 00:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Message from our provider:

Dear customer,

on january 20th, between two and six o'clock am (CET), we\'re going to do some set ups of our network. This could lead to a restricted availability of your websites for a short duration.

There will be made no changes on the servers. Your websites will be available again as soon as the maintenance is completed.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#29 18 Jan 12 :: 00:36

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Any idea what time it'll happen?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#30 18 Jan 12 :: 09:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Uh.... yeah. It says that.

on january 20th, between two and six o'clock am (CET)

That'll be 8 PM the night before and midnight your time.

-TeeJay

#31 30 May 12 :: 22:55

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

All right, I have finally tackled the forum upgrade to the latest version. I don't think you should notice a lot of changes, the most noticeable probably the new BB code bar that has different buttons and smilies. I hope you're okay with using these smilies for now. It's always such a hassle to customize them, and it's already 11 PM where I live. This means some of the old smilies will probably not display right. I might go back and fix that some other time.

I also installed something called Fancybox that lets you open linked images in an embedded window. Here, try clicking the banner below:

Clueless.jpg

Neat, no?

As usual, if you notice anything that's not working right, please let me know.

-TeeJay

#32 02 Jun 12 :: 20:43

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

thanks for updating the software, it's great to have the smilies back and I also see some text edit functions I didn't see here before.

I hugged the Seeker!

#33 03 Jun 12 :: 23:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I installed a new plugin for the formatting stuff. It'll be easier to upgrade than what we had before. Glad you like it.

-TeeJay

#34 04 Jun 12 :: 03:11

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Great font and emoticon choices.  big_smile

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#35 03 Sep 12 :: 20:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just got this from our provider:

Dear customer,

on September 7th, between two and six o'clock am CET (8 PM and midnight EST), we're going to do some set ups of our network. Also we are going to test emergency power supply by simulating an eletrical power outage. This could lead to a restricted availability of your websites for a short duration.

There will be made no changes on the servers. Your websites will be available again as soon as the maintenance is completed.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

#36 14 Apr 13 :: 12:03

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The server guys are gonna do regular maintenance on the servers on April 18/19. If the site is down on those days, you'll know why. smile

#37 23 Jun 13 :: 19:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

This is just to let you know that a server upgrade (to newer versions of PHP and MySQL) is going to happen in the next day or two, during which chris-marquette.com (including the gallery and forum) will probably be down for several hours. Don't be disconcerted if you get error messages, the site will be back to normal after the server move.

#38 25 Jun 13 :: 19:39

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Not sure anyone will even notice, but I've made one modification to our website today (the actual site, not the message board). It used to be squished to the left and statically stay there, even if you maximized the window. This worked reasonably well when I first designed the site some seven years ago, when people were still working with screens that had resolutions of 1280 and smaller.

However, these days with our widescreen monitors and larger resolutions, I think the site would work better if it dynamically centered. And I've changed that now. The main window should always be in the center, no matter what you do.

I've tested it with the latest versions of Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari and also IE 8. Seems to work fine for me.

If you think it looks weird on your screens, please let me know. (You may have to click "Reload" a few times to see a change, the old site may still be stored in your cache.)

That said, I think I would program the site differently if I had to redo it today. And it could probably use a design overhaul, but I just don't have the time to redo the whole thing now. I hope it still serves our purpose the way it is.

-TeeJay

#39 25 Jun 13 :: 23:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I think it looks fine.  I almost always use Firefox and I'm on a widescreen monitor right now.  Looks normal.   smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#40 25 Apr 15 :: 23:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

We wanted to quickly let you know that we've given chris-marquette.com a bit of a facelift. The content hasn't changed, but we've switched the site to a new content management system, which comes with a slightly different layout. Check it out if haven't already! We have a shiny new header image and everything.

If you notice any broken links or links that still lead to the old website, it'd be fabulous if you could let us know. Thanks!

#41 26 Apr 15 :: 00:47

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Looking good! big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#42 26 Apr 15 :: 10:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks, Maria!

Board footer