#1 11 May 07 :: 06:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Interview With Chris 5/11/07

Hang in there guys, we heard from Chris today and we will post what he had to say tomorrow.  And a shout out to all of you!  He wants to know who you are.  Write up a brief paragraph, tell Chris what you want him to know about yourself and we'll send it to him.

You can post it here or send it privately to any of us via the contact page.  The deadline for the next email is Sunday, 5/13.

Stay tuned for more on Friday!

:dancing:

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#2 11 May 07 :: 16:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Interview With Chris 5/11/07

Drumroll, please.  Here's a written interview with Chris we conducted over email.  Enjoy.  big_smile

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:24:

Hey guys, I'm sorry it took me so long to get these to you.  I'll also send you some info on "Infestation" which is the movie I'm attached to.  Hope all is well...

Q. Your character in The Invisible has been described as a sad sack. Is that a fair description? What can you tell us about him without giving too much away?

A. I play Pete Egan in The Invisible.  He's a loner.  I always saw him as a guy who skids by without ever being noticed.  He doesn't do anything to stand out simply because he doesn't have the confidence in himself to do so.  So in a way, yes he's a sad sack.

Q. In Fanboys, your character is dying of cancer. We've seen pictures of Linus lying down, feeling ill. What happens to him physically?

A. Not much happens to Linus in Fanboys.  He ends up in the hospital at one point.  But we didn't try to do anything melodramatic with it.  it's a broad comedy so we decided to just go really easy with Linus's illness.

Q. Kyle said that bit where Linus throws his pills away was unscripted. From the pictures, it looks like a poignant moment in the movie. Can you tell us what happened there?

A. I thought it was always scripted.  Maybe I'm wrong, if it wasn't then I guess I just decided to throw them off the cliff.

Q. And can you tease us about your kissing scene in the hospital without giving too much away?

A. Well without giving anything away, that part wasn't scripted and I just decided to do it right as we were filming.

(The cat's out of the bag now.  He revealed in the Collider.com interview that he kissed Carrie Fisher.  Bet that gets a cheer from the real fanboys in the theatre when the movie comes out. - Deb)

Q. While most people think the comedic trailer for Fanboys looks great, some hardcore Star Wars fans are afraid you guys are going for cheap laughs at their expense. What do you say to people who think you're poking less than gentle fun at genre geeks with the movie?

A. Anyone who thinks we are poking fun at Star Wars fans is ridiculous.  They have to see the movie then.  This movie makes heroes out of Star Wars fans.  And what's funny is all of us really are Star Wars fans, so if we were making fun of them, we'd be ridiculing ourselves.  So no worries, we had fun making the movie is all, we were allowed to be goofy, but in no means were we making jokes of anyone who loved Star Wars.  The movie itself is to show how much people love Star Wars, that's all.

Q. We're dying to see Graduation. Brian Ralston told us you're great in it, really funny, and that we're going to love you. What can you tell us about Carl? What's that tattoo on his hand? We love Carl's green hair and the piercings too. How long were you stuck with  the dye in your hair? Both of those piercings are real, aren't they?

A. Yes, the piercings are real.  The tattoo, if I can remember correctly, was of a spider or a spider web.  He's also got one on his back of Iggy Pop.  I had the green hair for 2 months.  We had to redo it every 2 weeks.

Q. Carl's mother has leukemia and the friends rob the bank to help finance her treatment, right? The trailer looks very comedic; any room left for more dramatic scenes as well, especially revolving around Carl and his mother? Does Glynnis O'Connor play Carl's mom, by chance? (Deb is a long-time fan.)

A. Glynnis O'Connor did play my mom. 

Q. A couple of leftover Alpha Dog Questions: People keep asking if you gave any home movie footage to Nick for the opening credits. Did you?

A. Yeah I did give footage to Nick for Alpha Dog.  It's funny, I didn't make it on to the opening sequence but my brother Eric did.  He's the one wearing a baseball hat shooting a fake gun at the camera.  Watch close and you can see it's him.

(Wow!)

Q. Universal has chosen to release a bare bones DVD with almost no extras. So it looks like we won't get to see that deleted scene on the hill between Keith and Elvis anytime soon. Can you tell us about that scene or any other important scenes that were deleted?

A. Yeah, unfortunately they didn't put it on the DVD.  It was just a scene where Elvis takes Keith up to the mountain and has him dig his own grave because Elvis thinks that Keith is Zack, the boy who gets killed.

Q. We think we know which episode of Joan of Arcadia was the hardest for you to shoot--the break-up. True? Or is there something else that comes to mind? What episode was the most fun for you?

A. I don't know.  Joan Of Arcadia was fun altogether.  Every episode was nice to shoot.

Q. Women loved you in the romantic lead on Joan Of Arcadia. When are you gonna do a romance again?

A. We'll see what comes up.  I'm sure I will again, I just have to find the right thing to be in.

Q. Any word on Going After Cacciato?

A. Nope no word yet.

Q. You told us your character in Charlie Banks is a bit of a tough guy.   Who do you play? What more can you tell us about the story?

A. Charlie Banks is a cool little movie.  It's hard to explain really.  It's sort of about these two guys, Jesse Eisenberg (Charlie Banks) and Jason Ritter (Mick Leary) who are polar opposites and through a forced joining, being friends with my character, their two worlds collide one semester in college.  I play Danny, who is a bit of a tough guy, I always saw him pretending a little bit more than actually being tough.  But it was a fun role.

Q. The Chinese language version of Thru The Moebius Strip was released on DVD last year. Do you have any idea if they'll ever release the English version?

A. I have no idea, that's news to me.

Q. Lastly, we've asked you all sorts of questions about you and your work. Is there anything that you want to know about *us*?

A. Yeah, tell me about yourselves.  Where you're from, what you do.  Are you guys married?  Any cool pets?  Who else are you big fans of?

I hope this answered all of the questions.  Take care guys, CHRIS

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#3 11 May 07 :: 23:10

deedee

haha omg.. thats amazing.. !!!! *dies* i feel loved :embarrassed: haha i knew those peircings had to be real.. but did he like take them out afterwards or have spacers.. hes had his ear for a while.. pss im really into peircings.. not like "into" but ih ve them so haha i was just curious as 2 what u guys think he did to keep them

#4 11 May 07 :: 23:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

He wore the eyebrow ring as recently as a year or so ago.  Haven't seen him wear the earring since the Graduation shoot.  He didn't say the piercings "were" real, he said they ARE real so maybe he still wears them sometimes.  Dunno.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#5 11 May 07 :: 23:55

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Nice interview. smile

Last edited by Sisterdebmac (13 Oct 07 :: 04:58)

tesig1.jpg

#6 12 May 07 :: 08:25

OhGnarly

Awesome interview guys, thanks! Very insightful. Cool that he wants to know who we are. big_smile

I'm totally going to go back and look for Eric in the opening footage of Alpha Dog. I don't remember a kid holding a gun, hmm.

Last edited by Sisterdebmac (13 Oct 07 :: 05:00)

#7 12 May 07 :: 10:08

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Right on.
That's great that you were able to get so many questions answered!

:youdaman:

fbsig.jpg

#8 12 May 07 :: 20:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

You know it's great if you come home from am exhausting 3 Day Trip without being able to go online and then come back and read something like THIS!!!

Last edited by Sisterdebmac (13 Oct 07 :: 05:01)

I hugged the Seeker!

#9 13 May 07 :: 01:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Listen everybody, don't forget to submit your paragraph for Chris by tomorrow.  We'll be sending him a new email then so if you want to say something to him, tell him about yourself, submit it before 3pm Eastern time on 5/13.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#10 13 May 07 :: 20:39

deedee

eeee today is email day. i am verryyyy excited:) hopefully he gets a chance to read it soon

#11 13 May 07 :: 20:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, I'm sure he'll read it as soon as he gets it. Would be cool if we got a reply back before he's off to Bulgaria, but he's a busy man. I'm not really expecting for him to write back too soon. Which is just fine. He's already doing more for us than we ever expected. WAY more.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#12 13 May 07 :: 20:53

deedee

yah i totally agree there. if he even just reads it iw oudlb e like overly thrilled. i hope hes safe over there while filming:P pretty wierd location but i guess its good for the movie

#13 13 May 07 :: 21:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Bulgaria's probably got unique landscape for that kind of thing. Plus it might be cheaper to shoot there. Chris should be just fine. Bulgaria is still not quite up to our western standards, but it's not like a third world country or anything. If it's anything like Romania (which I think it is), then they'll slowly get there. At least they're EU now, but it will still take a long time until they're really ready. But that's just my unknowing assessment, would be cool to get some insight from someone who lives there or who's been there and seen what it's like.

Anne, were you in Bulgaria on vacation? Or was that Hungary?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#14 13 May 07 :: 21:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

It was Hungary and Slovenia. Hungary sucked, but Slovenia is really pretty.

I hugged the Seeker!

#15 14 May 07 :: 00:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Our reply has been sent.  Thank you Brenna and Doree for submitting your messages to Chris.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer