#26 07 Oct 06 :: 17:30

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Kyle Newman's Revenge of the Nerds (Remake) - CANCELED

Chnyst wrote:

Good luck guys!

Thanks, Sean. We're quite hopeful that we'll at least be able to get a message to Chris, if not in person, then at least in writing. They say filming starts on Monday or Tuesday, we'll go to Agnes Scott College and just see if we can find a film crew. Shouldn't be too hard since it's a women's only school. wink

Also, I found this on IESB:

Launched late last year, Fox Atomic is targeting genre pics that skew young and can be produced on modest budgets. Its slate so far includes the horror sequels "28 Weeks Later" and "The Hills Have Eyes 2" and comedy projects "Revenge of the Nerds" and "The Comebacks." The latter two begin filming this month.

On Oct. 9, filming begins in Atlanta on "Revenge of the Nerds," a reimagining of the 1984 cult comedy being produced by McG and his Wonderland Sound & Vision partner David Manpearl.

Christopher Marquette ("Fanboys," "The Girl Next Door") and Kristin Cavallari (formerly of the MTV series "Laguna Beach") have been cast in the film. Marquette will play the leader of the nerds, and Cavallari a sorority girl alongside Katie Cassidy (the forthcoming "Dallas"). Also newly cast in the pic are Dan Byrd ("The Hills Have Eyes") and Efren Ramirez ("Napoleon Dynamite").

Kyle Newman directs the pic.

And also this:

Casting: The Revenge of the Nerds Grow By Two!
Written by Robert Sanchez   
Sunday, 01 October 2006

Kyle Newman is days away from shooting Revenge of The Nerds so it only makes sense that the cast continues to grow.

Frosty, that sexy red head from Collider was able to get word that Ryan Pinkston and Nick Zano have joined the cast of Nerds.

Ryan will be playing another nerd while Nick Zano will be portraying the lead jock and head of the alpha beta's.

The cast now consists of Chris Marquette, Dan Byrd, Efren Ramirez, Ryan Pinkston, Nick Zano, Katie Cassidy and Kristin Cavallari.

Revenge of the Nerds is a Fox Atomic release that will start shooting in Atlanta, Georgia the second week of October 2006. Adam Jay Epstein, Adam Goldberg and Andrew Jacobson penned the script. McG is producing with David Manpearl.

A raucous re-imagining of the 1984 comedy classic, Adams College is turned upside down by a group of freshmen misfits who redefine the term "nerd." As they try to form their own frat, the nerds incur the wrath of the ultimate alpha males, the infamous Alpha Beta fraternity. The nerds refuse to go down without a fight, waging an all-out battle against the notorious jocks during Greek Week.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#27 09 Oct 06 :: 07:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

So, we're off to see the wizard tomorrow morning.  Hope we can find the crew.  We're getting up way early.  I should be in bed.  Everyone who reads this, please send us a little mojo.  If we can get an interview and maybe snap a couple of pics, you guys will be in for a treat.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#28 09 Oct 06 :: 21:13

Kristhetvgirl
Website

Ack I really should visit this forum more often. I just read (for the first time) about it today on VideoEta.com: http://videoeta.com/news/2136

Plus I'm a big fan of actor Dan Byrd and am absolutely astounded that I can see him and Chris in the same film together. Booya! wink

I run Chris Marquette's page on TV.com.

#29 10 Oct 06 :: 03:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey Kris,

Thanks for posting that.  We hadn't seen the teaser poster yet.  Very cool.  We were on set today and will be posting pics shortly.  All they did today was build some of the set on the Agnes Scott quad.  But we learned from a very nice police officer that shooting begins tomorrow morning at 7 am.  TeeJay and I will be there, hopefully with more to report tomorrow night.

One big thing we can tell you is that they're calling the college the same thing it was called in the original, Adams College.

Hang in there for more news.

And I love your avatar choice!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#30 10 Oct 06 :: 04:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Okay, so here's the pictures that we took today on the set. Chris isn't in any of them since the actors weren't on the set yet today. Cross your fingers everyone that we'll get a glimpse of him tomorrow and hopefully can even talk to him (and Kyle Newman, the director). We will be giving our best to be a little bold and approach these guys--if at all possible.

These are two leather couches that they just dumped at the entrance to the college quad and only later carried onto the set:
04_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

A banner for the college they're gonna use in the movie:
18_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

The actual college they're shooting at is Agnes Scott College in Altanta, GA. This is a picture of the main loop with the front of the college. We saw a banner that said "Welcome Freshmen", this might go up here because they said they were gonna film something there tomorrow:
17_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

This is a set of fake bleachers (or whatever that is supposed to be) that we're not sure what it's gonna be used for:
08_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

09_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

This is the college quad where they put up all sorts of stalls and this Greek-looking stage. They had a banner up at one point that said "Greek Week", so it's probably gonna be like a week of picking who's gonna join the fraternities and sororities:
05_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

06_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

07_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

This is hilarious because Agnes Scott in an all-girls school. And the girls on the campus were going on about how this must be a movie about guys because of this tent (Trojan = company that produces condoms):
14_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

This is the "pride" tent with the purple fuzzy chairs smile:
15_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

This will probably be hung on the Greek stage along with a few other banners that we weren't able to get pictures off because they hadn't put them up by the time we left:
13_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

We took a picture of these suitcases because we think there might be a scene where Max and/or Owen get dropped off for school and they might be the props they'll be using for this scene. Let's see:
16_ROTN_SetVisit.JPG

What was also hilarious is that I overheard a college girl walking by that said: "Oh, this is for some movie, Revolution of the Nerds or something like that." smile Some girls were also bitching about how this whole movie set was gonna disrupt their ability to get to the classes because they'd have to go around it. Man, these girls don't know what they're missing!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#31 10 Oct 06 :: 17:07

Kristhetvgirl
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Hey Kris,

Thanks for posting that.  We hadn't seen the teaser poster yet.  Very cool.  We were on set today and will be posting pics shortly.  All they did today was build some of the set on the Agnes Scott quad.  But we learned from a very nice police officer that shooting begins tomorrow morning at 7 am.  TeeJay and I will be there, hopefully with more to report tomorrow night.

One big thing we can tell you is that they're calling the college the same thing it was called in the original, Adams College.

Hang in there for more news.

And I love your avatar choice!

Deb

You're welcome for the link. smile Awesome can't wait to see more pics (especially of Chris *crosses fingers* and perhaps some of Dan if you happen to see him). If you don't know Dan here's a couple photos of him:

http://www.teenidols4you.com/thumb/Acto … yrd/DB.jpg
http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb … n_Byrd.jpg

You guys are so lucky! smile Thanks for sharing your photos.

~ Kris smile

I run Chris Marquette's page on TV.com.

#32 10 Oct 06 :: 17:56

irina

thanks for the photos and the report girls!
and kris, i also noticed dan. he's very nice, he also was with chris in one episode of joan of arcadia, right?
irina

#33 10 Oct 06 :: 18:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow, cool pics. I like the couches. big_smile
Hey, make friends with some college girls there, we need a new "behind the scenes" person!!! wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#34 11 Oct 06 :: 03:27

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

We just got back from an amazing day on the set.  We'll have lots to say as soon as we can come down off the cloud we've been on and transcribe it all.  We spent so much time with Chris today, it was just unbelievable.  He's the sweetest guy ever!  Everyone onset was totally gracious and helpful once word got around about who we were and what we were hoping to do.  Shout-out to Becky!  She repeatedly made sure we had a good spot to watch the action from.  Adam F. Goldberg, (the writer) chatted us up about both Fanboys and ROTN.  And Kyle Newman offered us a video interview, shot by his DVD guy, Andrew.  Of course we jumped on that, though we don't know exactly when we'll get a copy of it.  Not only did they give us a lot of their time today, both Chris and Kyle offered to contribute material for the site.  Hopefully, that will happen soon.

(And Sean, Kyle says he doesn't care what pics we use from the Fanboys shoot and he'll be happy to give us some more because "there's no marketing" on the film.  And Both Kyle an Chris remember you and that wild night at Ken's.)

And Kris, we made a special effort to get a shot of Dan for you, although it didn't turn out too well.  We have a couple of other pics of him, but they're a little far away.  Of course we totally know who he is.  He was very nice too, but we only caught him as he was leaving and he seemed very tired.  We wanted to get a shot of him and Chris together but we just couldn't get them in the same place when they both weren't busy.  You're not going to believe Dan's "nerd" look for the film.  It's pretty funny.  In fact, all of the nerds are made up to look pretty goofy, except Chris.  He looks great.  They just had him wear these really cute "smart-guy" glasses and a dorky old, plastic digital watch.

Stay tuned for much, much more...

Deb

PS: A little tease for you, we got him to talk about something that we've all wanted to know for a long time --- what the blazes BH & Co was trying to do with the whole Adam cheating scenario  in "Trial & Error".  I think you guys will love his answer.  We'll be transcribing the interview for the site as soon as we can.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#35 11 Oct 06 :: 03:34

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

PS: A little tease for you, we got him to talk about something that we've all wanted to know for a long time --- what the blazes BH & Co was trying to do with the whole Adam cheating scenario  in "Trial & Error".  I think you guys will love his answer.  We'll be transcribing the interview for the site as soon as we can.

Wow, coooooooool! Can't wait to read that!

I hugged the Seeker!

#36 11 Oct 06 :: 07:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Man, he is the sweetest sweetie pie ever! He was soooo nice. We were hugged and everything. He was so flattered that there were people around who actually cared that much about his work. We're still working on transcribing the interview, you guys will be in for a treat!

-TeeJay

#37 11 Oct 06 :: 11:18

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Seriously. I just check in here and find out that you two have just met Chris! Freakin hell. This is awesome. You totally deserve it to, with all the time you put into promoting Chris through the website and everything. smile

I'm still really excited about this, I was going to go to sleep, but good luck now. Wow, can't wait to see the interview and photos.

tesig1.jpg

#38 11 Oct 06 :: 12:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Susanna wrote:

Seriously. I just check in here and find out that you two have just met Chris! Freakin hell. This is awesome. You totally deserve it to, with all the time you put into promoting Chris through the website and everything. smile

I'm still really excited about this, I was going to go to sleep, but good luck now. Wow, can't wait to see the interview and photos.

I guess, "pretty cool" doesn't describe it at all, huh? big_smile
Hey, you can't believe what I did last night ... I mean I was sitting in my room as always, and being online and then the phone rings and it's Tina telling that they just actually talked to Chris. I was freaking out. I COULD NOT sleep really. I stayed up the whole night until they got home from the set because I wanted to hear EVERYTHING about their day. Fact is, I did not get ANY sleep that night. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#39 11 Oct 06 :: 16:20

irina

wow, girls! how awsome for you! i can't wait to read the interview, and see photos and whatever else to have to share with us.

#40 11 Oct 06 :: 19:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm gonna leave for Germany in a few minutes, actually. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get the interview all typed up and proved, so Deb is gonna take a shot at it today. I will only get to Germany by tomorrow around 9 AM CET, so I don't think we will be able to upload it to the site before that. But maybe Deb can post it on the message board or something. Guys, I'm telling you, some of the stuff he said was so incredibly sweet and some stuff was exactly what we always wanted to hear (like when he talks about Adam cheating on Joan).

And the photos are in the gallery:
http://www.chris-marquette.com/gallery/ … p?album=59

I'll write more when I'm back home. Geez, I'm still on a total high.

-TeeJay

#41 11 Oct 06 :: 20:05

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I'm soooo looking forward to read the interview!!! smile:):)

I hugged the Seeker!

#42 11 Oct 06 :: 20:12

irina

we all are! Invision-Board-France-76.gif

#43 11 Oct 06 :: 21:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I just got back a  little while ago from dropping Teejay off at the airport.  Hopefully, she'll get underway without difficulty and have a smooth flight home, where she will likely sleep some and maybe work on the chapter of our A/J fic, Butterflies that she's in the middle of.  It's gonna be a good one.  And if I may shamelessly plug the fic, go check it out sometime. There's a link here on the site in the Fan Fiction section.  It's Adam and Joan reunited at 22.  It's romatic and fluffy and sexy and agnsty.  All the things we love.

I just finally had a really nice lunch, half of which I saved for dinner.  It was wonderful since I've barely eaten (or slept) the last few days.  We were kind of on a mission and very focused on that.  I had no stomach for food.  Now that we've at least made what we hope might be the first baby steps in accomplishing our goal of getting Chris involved in the site and becoming official someday, I'm feeling kind of giddy and pretty tired.

But I will have an early draft of the interview up sometime today for sure.  Like TeeJay said, I'll post it on the board first.  In two parts, just like we conducted it.  We may polish it up later.  Indoors, Chris talks a lot like Adam.  His voice is just as deep and can get very quiet.  We've already had to listen to bits of it several times.  But rest assured that he was animated and funny and very thoughtful.  If this was video, you guys would just melt.  It was an utter delight talking to him and I hope to get to do it again sometime.

Stay tuned...

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#44 11 Oct 06 :: 22:17

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Now that we've at least made what we hope might be the first baby steps in accomplishing our goal of getting Chris involved in the site and becoming official someday, I'm feeling kind of giddy and pretty tired.

Me too! Me too! LOL And I wasn't even there! But I have my goodie ... <sigh> big_smile
Can't wait to read the interview!

I hugged the Seeker!

#45 11 Oct 06 :: 22:54

irina

last night, i couldn't sleep and i did check your fanfiction stuff. very good! i really enjoyed reading it, especially the love making parts.:D
i read that i shoudn't use to many smiles but right now i can't help it. this is for the work you've done congratualtions.gif and me waiting for the interview  studsmatta.gif

Last edited by irina (11 Oct 06 :: 22:56)

#46 12 Oct 06 :: 00:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Here is it is...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

At one point, Chris accidentally gives away the secret of The Invisible.  If you don't wanna know, skip from the warning to the end of the warning...

Interview with Chris Marquette on the set of Revenge of the Nerds

Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA -- Oct 10, 2006

A little bit of a set-up:  Today, they're shooting the scene of the opening of the Greek Games on the Adams College campus.  The scene features the sororities and fraternities, including the Alpha Beta goons and Pi Delta Pi girls, the football coach and the senior class president onstage.  There's a crowd of other students and fraternity and sorority members on bleachers.  The nerds disrupt the ceremony, having created their own fraternity, Lambda Lambda Lambda.  They even flash their own "gang" sign, which is just basically, all their fingers straight down.  It's pretty funny.

The nerds are Chris, Dan Byrd, Ryan Pinkston, and a few others.  One of the nerds is played by a local actor who's name we never caught who's in a very cool TIE Fighter wheelchair with a huge sub woofer on the back.

The first part of this interview was taped at about 4 or 5 pm.  We kind of lost track of time.  We first spoke to Chris right after they got back from their 3 pm lunch break.  He agreed to do the interview and said he'd come find us as soon as he had another break.  That he did.  He bounded up and plopped down on the ground beside me and said, "Are you guys ready?"  Um, dude, you have no idea. 

This was originally typed up by Tina last night and I have edited it over the last couple of days because parts of it were difficult to hear...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Deb:
You're shooting Revenge of the Nerds right now. Kyle [Newman] has said that nerds are kinda cool these days and we were wondering what interested you in the film?

Chris:
Nerds became something that I realized was gonna be something really ridiculously fun, I've known Dan Byrd and Andrew McFarlane, they've been some of my closest friends since I was fourteen years old. Dan Byrd, I've known him for the last three years really well. And, Pinkston, I've known for a long time, Ryan Pinkston. You know, working with Kyle and Adam Goldberg again, so it became something--- I realized, like it's not every day that somebody gets offered a job where in general you can just go and hang out and make jokes with friends and somehow get paid for it. Like that's absolutely kind of ridiculous.  So I realized that in my lifetime if I passed up something like that I'd be a moron. So I think that's what interested me more than anything.

Deb:
Sounds great.

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
Of course we remember Dan from being on Joan.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, he played the stuttering kid.

Deb:
We were really excited when we found out he was gonna be in the film.

Chris:
Oh yeah. That's cool, huh?

Deb:
Very cool.

And we happen to know now that The Invisible is coming out in January, we were wondering how big your role in that is gonna be, because in the trailer it doesn't seem...

Chris:
Yeah, in the trailer it's really hidden. It's pretty big, its--- You know, I play the main guy's best friend, so I play this guy for the first 45 minutes of the movie, I'm in it a bunch. And then, uh, you know, this character goes off on his journey and I'm sort of included then in little bits and pieces. Unfortunately they took two of the biggest scenes I had in the movie and sort of chopped them up, they sort of weren't as um... what's the word without being mean to anybody?

(Laughter)

Chris:
They weren't as, uh... fruitful as I thought they were gonna be. I worked really hard on that project. Unfortunately there's a gun involved in the scene, so they wanted to take out the gun so now they had to use all these weird angles and all these different cuts. I feel like now... the scene now just becomes really odd. So I don't know if they're gonna fix it. Maybe they will.  So I might be saying all this and then people are gonna watch it and go: Oh, what the hell's he talking about?

(Laughter)

Deb:
When was that shot?

Chris:
That was shot last year, around this time. It was October all the way to December. And... September all the way to December in Vancouver. I think I shot that for about three and a half months. It was cool. One of the most depressing times in my life. Because of the part, it was just very, you know dark.  Put me in a bad place, but...

Deb:
So it's kind of a dark story.

WARNING!!! SPOILER AHEAD

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, it's a dark story.  You know, it's this kid who dies and wakes up and finds that you know, he's like dead. And it ends up that his best friend and this girl killed him for no reason, not his fault at all.

END OF SPOILER WARNING!!!

Tina:
You spoiled the ending!

(Laughter)

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
Don't do that to her.

(Laughter)

Tina:
I don't like spoilers.

Chris:
Oh, I'm sorry.  I'm so so sorry. (laughs) I shouldn't have said that.  Maybe you shouldn't put that on there (the website) at all.   

Deb:
We won't spoil it for everybody.  I mean, I'm a spoiler-whore, so I'm happy.

Chris:
Oh, gotcha. I won't say anything else about it.  But it came out really interesting.

(Laughter)

Deb:
We read that you got to work with Sean [Marquette] on The Beautiful Ordinary.

Chris:
Yeah.  Yeah.

Deb:
So how was that?  It's been a long time since you guys were in anything together.

Chris:
Yeah, we haven't worked together in such a long time. Last time he played me younger on Strong Medicine. We didn't really work together, it was just like in the same week we were on the same set, and that was it. It was awesome, it was ridiculous, it was really weird. All of a sudden he grew up and he's this, like, actor. He's a really great, talented, young actor. It was so weird. I always thought he was really special and really could offer something to whatever he's working on, but it was like a peer, and it mirrors our life, in a way. Like all of a sudden he's like a young man.

Deb:
He said some things like that about you too.

Chris:
Oh yeah? (in a mocking voice) All of a sudden like he's grown up and he's totally responsible, but he's this jackass. You know, whatever. (laughter) He's so grown up.

Tina:
We saw him on The 4400. We even have clips with Eric and Sean on the website.

Chris:
Do you really? Oh, no way, really? No way, that's awesome.

Deb:
We also caught that NYPD Blue that he did and we've got some clips and some screencaps of that.

Chris:
Oh, cool!

Deb:
We're trying to make it as comprehensive as possible. We know that there are people out there who keep finding us, and saying, "My God, I love this guy, but I can't find anything online."

Chris:
Oh yeah. Thank you. God, I really can't tell you guys how much I appreciate that.

Deb:
Well, we really appreciate you sitting down with us.  You didn't have to do it.

Chris:
Oh, of course. Are you kidding me? If you guys had gotten in contact with me beforehand, I would've... You have no idea, I've been going like, that's a great  website, but I don't know who the hell to thank.

Deb:
We actually sent you a package. A while back, through UTA. I guess it hasn't gotten to you yet because you're always moving around.

Chris:
No, they give me stuff, I don't know ...

Tina:
You would have remembered because there was a towel in it that was painted.

Chris:
Are you serious?

Deb:
There was a bunch of stuff in there.

Chris:
You sent it and they didn't give it to me?

Deb:
Yeah.

Chris:
Whoooaaaa...

Tina:
How often do they give you stuff?  Because we sent it like in July.

Chris:
Oh, I really don't get stuff too often. I mean, I can call them right now. I'll call 'em. Seriously, that's disappointing.

Tina:
And there's, like, a nine pages long letter.

Chris:
Are you kidding? I'm so sorry, I really haven't gotten anything, I swear. I'll call them, that's weird.

Deb:
That's nice of you.

We noticed that you do a lot of independent film. And we wondered if you were just really fascinated with it or if you choose on a role to role basis.

Chris:
It's role by role, but at the same time independent films offer so much more freedom than studios do. In independent films, you go there and it's like you can make up whatever the hell you want on the day, because it feels right.  And there's nobody sitting there, whipping you on the back for it. So the hard part with studio films is, you've got an idea but it's gotta go through ten people that wanna OK it, everybody wants to put their two cents in, so by the time your idea goes in there, it's not your idea anymore. A lot of that is all just really hard and disappointing.

Deb:
I'm actually also a screenwriter and hopefully I'd like to do indies because of that. We wanted to mention to you some of our favorite performances: American Gun.

Chris:
Oh, cool.

Deb:
Big time.  We love that meltdown scene.

Chris:
Oh, yeah? Oh, thank you.

Tina:
Tear duct action.

Chris:
Yeah?

Deb:
Yeah.

Chris:
Thank you.  Oh, man...

Deb:
Every time we watch it, we're just...

Chris:
Oh, really? Thank you.

Deb:
And we loved your guest shot on Miracles.

Chris:
Oh, no way! No way.  (laughs, seems shocked that we pulled that one out of our hats)

Deb:
Such a tortured character.

Chris:
Thank you.

Deb:
Love that. We like the tortured thing.

Chris:
Oh yeah, well I've definitely done a lot of that.

Deb:
And the comedy too. Of course we love The Girl Next Door. And Just Friends.

Tina:
Yeah, it took me a long time to actually watch it, because I thought it was gonna be like this really ditsy movie, then I watched it and I was like, Oh my God!

(Laughter)

Deb:
And we like that rubber face thing that you do.

Chris:
Oh yeah?

Deb:
Yeah.

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
Yeah.

Chris:
Oh cool.

Deb:
You have this range where you have this beautiful stillness that you do, and then this hyper-kinetic thing.

Chris:
Oh yeah, thank you.

Deb:
Just wanted to say that. And we wanted to ask you if you have any performances that stand out for you, that you're really proud of.

Chris:
You know, the only thing that I've been really able to watch, to continuously be proud of, is this movie I did when I was young, called The Tic Code.

Deb:
We love that movie.

Chris:
Yeah. It's the only thing I've ever been able to watch and think, that's my life-long career goal to go back to doing something like The Tic Code that I can be really proud of.

Deb:
Wow. Yeah, it's a really special movie.

Tina:
Our third "Dorquette" that we have, Anne, she's also in Germany, and she has an illness called Sturge-Weber-Syndrome. It's quite rare, it's not debilitating, to her at least, in a really affecting way. You know, she has little things that she can't do and she has birth marks over her face, and she loved that movie. She said it's really nice to show that having a disability doesn't have to make you not normal.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah.  Ah, good.  Oh, cool.

Deb:
She totally identifies with the character.

Chris:
Yeah. Cool. Good.

Deb:
We also noticed that you work with a lot of people repeatedly.

Chris:
Yeah, I know. I don't know why, just luck, or maybe the stars align. Yeah, I don't know.

Deb:
Could it be that you're just really talented and really nice?

Chris:
I... don't know.  (Laughter)  I hope so. I mean, I don't know, I guess so. It seems to be something that's just reoccurring.

Deb:
We like that.

Chris:
Yeah, me too.

Deb:
It speaks well of you that people wanna work with you over and over again.

Chris:
Oh, yeah, I hope so.

Deb:
And I need to shut up and let you talk.

(Laughter)

Deb:
We were wondering if you had someone you'd really like to work with that you haven't had a chance to work with yet.

Chris:
You know, there's one person I have had a chance to work with that I would work with forever for the rest of my life, like, only if I had the option, is Nick Cassavetes, the guy who did Alpha Dog. If I could just do his movies for the rest of my life, I'd be happy. Other than that, I don't know. He's the best actor's director I've ever worked with, by a long shot. So I don't know if there's other people. I haven't met anybody else out there. I mean, there's always people you have in mind, that's sort of your goal, and then you meet them or you hear stories and you work with them and it doesn't live up to the expectation.

Deb:
Well, it's not surprising that Nick is a great actor's director. His dad was.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah.

Deb:
And he was an actor himself for so long.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, exactly.

Deb:
How did you feel in Just Friends when you had to say, (Nick's film) "The Notebook is so gay"?

(Laughter)

Chris:
It was awesome. It was great. I read the Just Friends script. And I said, that's awesome. I didn't write it, it was just really...

Tina:
We love that line.

Chris:
(repeats line) "The Notebook is so gay."

Deb:
There's so many great lines in that movie.

Chris:
Yeah. Roger Kumble too. Roger Kumble was also the coolest director in the world. That guy's just on it. He knows comedy better than anybody.

Deb:
You've been lucky, some of the people that you've worked with.

Chris:
Yeah, I'm very lucky.

Deb:
If you could play any role, future or past, what would it be? Could be an existing role or... It's kind of a tough question.

Chris:
Bob Dylan.

Deb:
You know that people keep saying to us that you look like Bob Dylan?

Chris:
Really?

Tina:
Bob Dylan and John Cusack.

Chris:
John Cusack, yeah, I've definitely always gotten John Cusack.

Deb:
Well, I'm gonna write something for you guys to do together.

Chris:
Yeah?

Deb:
Yeah. It may take a while, but I'll get it to you.

Chris:
Well, all right, I'm in, so...  (Laughter)  Anyway, I've always gotten Cusack, but I never got Bob Dylan, but I happened to meet a guy who did this movie and they needed a young Bob Dylan, and I went in and got told I was absolutely wrong for it. And I'd gotten so jazzed about the idea that I started watching all this stuff on Bob Dylan and I thought, oh man, that'd be amazing, and then they cast Hayden Christensen in the role.

Deb:
Is that the one that had five different people playing him?

Chris:
I don't know. It's a movie called Factory Girl.

Deb:
I think that's a different one.

Chris:
It's not quite about Bob Dylan, it's about Eva Sedgwick, (loudly cracks his knuckles and startles Tina) I think that's her name. No, that's a different actress nowadays. It was about some other actress. Some old time actress who dated him. But, uhm... Bob Dylan, Fidel Castro, when I'm, like, fifty years old. And, uh, I think that's it so far. And, like, a superhero. Yeah, yeah, I'd like to play a superhero too.

Deb:
This is a weird one. If you could choose a decade in which you would have liked to have made movies, what would it be?

Chris:
Ooooh. Definitely the 50's. When The Actor's Studio was, like, thriving and everything was big. And it was all about harvesting and cultivating good actors.

Deb:
I would have guessed the 70's.

Chris:
70's?

Deb:
In the golden age of people like Scorsese.

Chris:
Yeah, sure, yeah.  But right before that was, well I don't think the movies were as good.  It was just the actors were trying to build, it was just a more serious time... But at the same time I kinda feel like that's the way it is now, because it seems like a real revolution, like actors are coming in, so many new faces that are really kind of like the future of film making and the future of acting and writing. It's all new people who are in it for sort of like a revolution in a sense.  And it's a big twist of all the people in the industry and the studios are like, "Oh, independent movies are taking over." Well, yeah, it's true, they're making good shit and stuff you should do. So yeah, I think uh, this is an interesting time, so I might eat my words and say...

Deb:
Well, you're gonna be right in there.

Chris:
Oh, well, I don't know about that, but I just mean like, uh being an actor nowadays might be cooler than in the 50's.

Deb:
I think so, too, probably, because there was a lot more restriction in the studio system then.

Chris:
It's true, yeah.

Deb:
In terms of film especially.

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
They had a lot more freedom in New York.

Chris:
Yeah.  Oh yeah.

Deb:
That's absolutely true.

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
I don't know how to say this. We're really excited about Alpha Dog, it looks like it's gonna be a great movie.  But what's up with the wig?

Chris:
Oh, the wig! Oh yeah. They just wanted me greasy and dirty, like, where I was like a kid who had no hygiene, just didn't care.  You know, so it was like, all right well obviously he hasn't cut his hair in a couple of months so...

Deb:
That must have been fun.

Chris:
It was awesome. It was unbelievable. It was like at first I did like slicking my hair back and then they looked at me and they were like, "Nah, too Guido."  And I was like OK.

Tina:
Did you have short hair then?

Chris:
Yeah, I had short hair, yeah.  Well, no not quite short.  I was doing Joan Of Arcadia at the same time, so it was like toward the end when they let me start cutting my hair a little bit more (the end of season one).  Um, so, it was a bit shorter, and then they put in extensions down to here (indicates past shoulder length).  And it just looked weird.  Like I just looked really weird, and it was like, "Nah, you kinda look like a girl."

(Laughter)

Chris:
So, it was like okay... So we thought about it.  Then a couple of days before we started shooting, they said what are we gonna do?  And I was like, I don't know.  So they said, what about long hair down to here (indicates what it eventually came to look like).  And I was just like, I was totally against it, you have no idea.  I was just like, on the inside, "I can't do this.  It's gonna be bad.  It's gonna be terrible,  I'm gonna look like crap in the movie.  It'll be terrible."  And then, for some reason, it totally worked.  It was just amazing.

Then we hear the voice of a PA yelling, "Chris Marquette!"

Chris:
(shouts back)
Yeah?

PA:
You're needed on the set.

Chris:
Sorry.  Can you guys hang out?

Deb:
Yeah, sure.

And off he went back out onto the lawn to shoot more coverage for the Greek Games scene.

Part Two coming soon...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#47 12 Oct 06 :: 02:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey, Irina,

Thanks for the compliment on the fic!  Out of curiosity, how much of it did you get through?

And don't worry about the smilies.  This is a very special occasion.  big_smile

Hope you all enjoy the interview.  I'll get the rest of it up as soon as I can, promise.  Tomorrow, I go back to work so it may take a little while.  Hopefully, at some point, if we can get a fairly clean copy of it, we'll be able to post some sound clips from it too.  Hang in there.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#48 12 Oct 06 :: 04:45

irina

it was so great to open the site so late at night( or morning) and find new staff. i really loved the reading. and i'll write more, and also tell you what i read from the fanfiction, but now it's so late and i really have to sleep.
kisses and thanks!!!!

#49 12 Oct 06 :: 05:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

You're very welcome, Irina.  We know what it's like to wait on pins and needles for this stuff. so we're putting everything out there as soon as possible.  I'm sorry I can't get the second part of the interview out tonight, but it just takes so much careful attention to detail and time to transcribe it accurately and I don't have in me right now.  I'll get back on it tomorrow night.

And of course any feedback you wanna give on the fic is welcome.  Let's talk about it in the fan fic thread whenever you're ready, OK?

Thanks for hanging out.  We hope there's lots more to come.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#50 12 Oct 06 :: 05:22

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Wow. Still kind of having trouble believing this.

That's a cool interview. Can't wait to see more. big_smile

tesig1.jpg

Board footer