#51 20 Jun 07 :: 20:48

LizzylovesChris8

Re: This used to be the "Chris-Watch" thread...

Sorry guys, Rushishot is my friend at school, and she can kinda say mean things about Chris sometimes and so I asked her why she even registered. If you don't appreciate Chris's work or him, you shouldn't be on here. This site is for true Chris fans.

Whoohoo.jpg
ChRiS MaRqUeTtE AnD LiZzY

#52 20 Jun 07 :: 22:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's cool if she wants to hang out here, but we won't listen to the kind of abuse you probably have to take at school around here.  We've got much better things to do with our time.  As long as she behaves, it's no problem.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#53 21 Jun 07 :: 22:58

rushishot

what do you mean????:/:rolleyes:

#54 22 Jun 07 :: 02:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I mean it's not cool to come to a fansite for an actor and make fun of the people who created it for liking the actor.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#55 22 Jun 07 :: 07:34

LizzylovesChris8

Yeah seriously

Whoohoo.jpg

#56 22 Jun 07 :: 07:35

LizzylovesChris8

Sorry April(rushishot), but can you not say negative things about Chris anymore

Whoohoo.jpg

#57 22 Jun 07 :: 21:48

rushishot

all's im saying is if people want to change there wa of life just to impress chris (lizzychris8 change now because before she hated hoodes and now she says chris wore them once so now she loves them) thats all im saying im not like that!!!!:)

#58 22 Jun 07 :: 22:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I hate it when threads that are supposed to contain useful information get riddled with meaningless stuff that has nothing to do with what's supposed to be in it. So I'm gonna rename this one and we'll create another Chris-Watch thread. Please keep personal stuff out of the real Chris-Watch thread and discuss your private issues somewhere else. Thanks.

rushishot wrote:

all's im saying is if people want to change there wa of life just to impress chris (lizzychris8 change now because before she hated hoodes and now she says chris wore them once so now she loves them) thats all im saying im not like that!!!!:)

Okay, first of all, how is Lizzy gonna impress Chris by wearing hoodies? He ain't gonna see her in one, or at least that's not very likely (sorry to burst your bubble, Lizzy! big_smile). If she changed her mind from not liking them to now wearing them because Chris does as Adam (for the record: He didn't only do it once on Joan of Arcadia, he basically wore nothing but hoodies on that show), well, that's her thing. Ever heard of the fact that people change? Yeah, sure it might be a little silly, but, hey, if it makes her feel good, who are you to question that? We all do things that may seem silly to others sometimes. I'm no exception. Since I neither know you nor Lizzy, I can't really judge either of you and say that what either of you does is good or right or bad or wrong.

But I think Lizzy is a lot more like us than you, April. You won't see us agreeing with you if you keep saying you don't like people who might or might not do things that may seem silly to others because it's connected to an actor or a TV show or a band or a singer or... you name it. Imitation is still the highest form of flattery. So what if Lizzy wants to flatter Chris? Hey, so do we all around here, in our own way.

And once again: It's not cool to come here and badmouth Chris fans. We will tolerate when people say they don't like him (and tell us why constructively), but there are certain things that are just not the kind of thing we want on this message board. That said, you're welcome to stay here and discuss with us if you keep the badmouthing in check. We always try to keep an open mind.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#59 23 Jun 07 :: 04:57

LizzylovesChris8

Thanks for backing me up Teejay.  wink

Whoohoo.jpg

#60 23 Jun 07 :: 07:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Lizzy, We have a TON of blather on our MB and on the old Versatile MB about how each and every one of us hunted for Adamy hoodies.  The three of us have hoodies.  I wear my brown one almost every day.  I'm not trying to impress anyone.  It's only about the fact that I used to love them when I was younger and Chris made them cool again.  He wears an awesome one in Fanboys too.  And in case April hadn't noticed, hoodies are EVERYWHERE lately. 

And I'll tell you something else, I also searched for thumb and forefinger rings.

A couple of us have gone so far as to bid on and win pieces of actual screen-worn Chris wardrobe from movies on eBay.  I have Keith's leather wristband from Alpha Dog, and I got lucky enough to get it autographed.  Doree has an entire outfit from The Invisible and I have her Keith toque here that I'll be shipping up to her soon.

If this stuff makes us silly, or whatever, well, so what?  Some people collect baseball cards and wear sports jerseys with their favorite player's names on them.  Everybody wears band t-shirts.  How are we any different than that?

April, you're entitled to your opinion. But you can't be surprised that it's not very well received here, can you?  Maybe the best thing you could do for your friend Lizzy right now would be to let her have this place for her own.  Let her hang out with people who get what she sees in Chris without your criticism.  Does she follow you to the MBs for the people you like and cut it down?  I could be wrong, but somehow, she seems way too nice for that.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#61 23 Jun 07 :: 08:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

So it's confession time? Okay, here's mine. smile I looked for a burgundy hoodie for ages. Adam wears one in a few episodes (among them Trial and Error) and I just really love the color and wanted my own burgundy girlie hoodie. I drove everyone around me nuts with it. I finally found one about half a year ago. I have three more "Adamy" hoodies, a black, a dark gray and a brown one. And I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't like hoodies in the first place. Like Deb said, Adam made them cool again. Besides, everyone is wearing them. It's not like we're trying to be trendsetters or anything.

I got the driving license off eBay that Chris used as Keith in Alpha Dog. I have three Chris-related t-shirts (that I fabric-painted myself, no less), and I wear them too. I have a pair of pajama pants that I bought because I thought they kinda looked a little like those that Chris wears as Mike in Just Friends. But it's all stuff whose style I liked anyway, so it's not like I bent myself out of shape to wear these things. It's just a whole lot of fun, and it's even more fun to find people who understand you and even support you when you do seemingly silly things like that.

Doesn't mean I changed my whole personality or that whenever I go out and buy clothes or choose what to wear in the morning it is connected with thoughts about Chris Marquette. Because that would be wrong and probably even a sign of pathologic obsession. But none of us here (I hope!) is like that.

Deb's also right when she says that other people do similar things over stuff they're fanatic about. Sports, celebrities, TV shows, ... I go to a Trek-Dinner every month. There's people there who dress up in Star Trek uniforms sometimes. That's not my thing either, but if they're having fun with it, who am I to stop them? There's a guy at work who's big into the local soccer team. Once in a presentation technique seminar, he held a talk on the team and what it means to be a fan. I don't like soccer much, but it was a cool talk and I could see that he was really enthusiastic about the whole thing. I thought it was way cool of him to present that in front of everyone.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#62 23 Jun 07 :: 15:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I agree with everything TeeJay and Deb said.
And you know what? I am proud of being a Dorquette. I do have my own Adam hoodie too and also the same pajama pants Tina talked about. And I absolutely have no problem with that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#63 24 Jun 07 :: 03:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

And hey, people even wear t-shirts that advertise something as goofy as their favorite beer or bar.  Or their favorite vacation spot.  Or the college they graduated (or wish they'd graduated) from.  One of my bosses, Vince, use to co-run a magazine and a "club" for enthusiasts of the Mazda Miata car.  Everyone is a fan of or has an affinity for something/someone.  It's really not a big deal.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#64 24 Jun 07 :: 04:20

deedee

hahah .. wana know a little secret. i have.. a total of 17 hoodies. and im not kidding. ill take a photos ometime. i live in hoodies. i hve black  hoodies brown hoodies.. green hoodies with owels ont hem.. haha
its ridiculus i know but even in august i live in hoodies. haha *smack* im so darn chilling<3 i know. haha. i bought clothes from the invisible and a hat he wore... but like id dint buy them so i could wear them hhaha. that would b wrong. and with the hoodies.. i do it because its comfy not bc its a adam thing. 
Im a dorquette and im proud. i sport it like its going outa fashion. maybe one day ill even get at tat for it! who knows. but its a group of pple i love being friends with,,, sharing a love of something dear to me. acting is part of my life.. and having these people in my life have made it complete. so if u wana tear that apart .. you are giong to be tearing up something VERY dear to me.  & in all honesty i dont know how pleasent i can be with someone who is going to tear apart something i love. everyone is intitiled to thier own opinons. but this is a place of love and warmth. so please dont destroy that.

Board footer