#51 12 Oct 06 :: 05:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Kyle Newman's Revenge of the Nerds (Remake) - CANCELED

Dude, we're having trouble believing it!  It was just so bloody fortuitous.  I mean, who woulda thunk it?  TeeJay and I just kept going over it and over it again on the ride to the airport today.  We still can't believe how lucky we got with the people at Agnes Scott and on the production.  Everyone was so wonderful to us.  It was such a great day.  I just hope we can keep growing this experience into something that finally helps get the word on Chris out there.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#52 12 Oct 06 :: 06:42

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

WOW!!
I'm gone for a couple of days and next thing I know, you've been on the set, taken pictures, and got to meet Kyle and Chris, and many others.(Love the TIE Fighter chair by the way)
I know you must be on cloud nine right now! This is so cool!! I'm very happy for you guys.
That's also cool that Kyle said I/we could use whatever Fanboy pics we wanted to. smile

Once again, this is too cool!!

fbsig.jpg

#53 12 Oct 06 :: 10:13

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I'm safely back in Germany and I'm being totally ridiculed by Lars, who's hanging out on my couch. Gee, I've missed this, friends hanging out, laughing about my little (okay, big) obsession. smile I think he's just jealous. tongue But he indulged me and had me tell him everything about our meeting (well, at least the most exciting parts) and he's even looked at the pictures. And, yes, he says I'm crazy. And he may just be right.

Yep, Sean, we still can't believe how crazily coincidental this all was. I mean, how many stars had to align to make this happen? How the hell did we deserve that? But, hey, I'm not questioning it. It was so awesome, such a great day. I will type up a whole sort of trip report that I wrote down in my little diary that I had with me. Bear with me, guys. It'll take a while.

And, thank you, guys, for all your comments. Again, we can't believe how lucky we were and we'd love to share all of that with you guys. Yes, we should have taken more pictures, but we didn't want to be too groupie-like. Well, maybe there's gonna be a next time. Who knows. And if not, we still had a wonderful experience. I think I'm gonna be on a high for, like, a week. Until I go back to work on Monday, probably.

Meeting Kyle was also great. He and Chris remembered you guys, Sean and Ken. And there's gonna be a Fanboys sequel! That's what Kyle said. Seriously. We asked, Okay, so this is obviously gonna be without Linus, but Kyle just had this sly smile on his lips and said, Well, you know, nothing's impossible, there will be a way. Wonder what that means. smile

And our Fanboys t-shirt just opened us all sorts of doors. You won't believe the guys who came up to us to ask us about the t-shirt. Adam F. Goldberg was totally jazzed, Dan (the six-fingered man) was shown the t-shirt by Kyle ("Hey, Dan, come over here and look at that!"), even the set designer came to talk to us (he wasn't involved in Fanboys, though). It was unbelievable just how relaxed and super-nice all these people were to us.

Deb, thanks for posting the first part of the interview. I'll find a way to put it into the website when it's finished.

We have a feeling next year is gonna be big for Chris. Both Alpha Dog and The Invisible will be released in January, Fanboys probably in February (both Kyle and Chris said that). And then there's still all these indies that he's got in the can, some of which might be released next year too. If so, I really hope people are gonna notice and come check us out. Chris totally deserves it. I still can't believe how totally relaxed and nice and sweet he was.

And let us tell you, on the set he's a real goofball. He joked around, did all sorts of funny grimaces and capers and just bounced around all the time, teasing everyone. He probably had to keep the energy up, shooting a comedy, but if they said on the JoA s1 episode commentary that Chris was a potty-mouth and a diva, I now totally believe it.

And, Anne? He's a regular dude. As regular as they come. Nothing star-like about him at all. AT ALL. Yes, of course I was nervous at first, but after, like, five seconds of talking to him, it was all so relaxed and just not awkward in the least. So get over your star-phobia, he's just a normal guy with a job that has him exposed to the public more than "normal" people. I wish he could tell you himself. And you don't have to die if you ever get to talk to him.

Lars is telling me I should stop drooling. So I will. I need to do my laundry and also go grocery shopping. My fridge is totally empty and I'm getting hungry. They gave us breakfast at 6 AM on the flight. Geez. But then again, we landed at 7 AM, so...

Oh, and here's some instant visual proof for those who don't wanna go to the gallery:

01_ROTN_SetVisit.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#54 12 Oct 06 :: 12:26

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just one thing I wanted to mention. To anyone who's read "PS, I Love You", Gerry said to Holly: Shoot for the stars.

We did. And it look where it got us. I think people should try to do that more often. Don't be afraid to aim high. It might not always work out, but you might just have that tiny little window one day where everything falls into place and you get there. I'm so glad that happened to us. I'm still mentally bouncing up and down. I'll be up there with the stars any second now. smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#55 12 Oct 06 :: 14:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

And, Anne? He's a regular dude. As regular as they come. Nothing star-like about him at all. AT ALL. Yes, of course I was nervous at first, but after, like, five seconds of talking to him, it was all so relaxed and just not awkward in the least. So get over your star-phobia, he's just a normal guy with a job that has him exposed to the public more than "normal" people. I wish he could tell you himself. And you don't have to die if you ever get to talk to him.
I should stop drooling. So I will. I need to do my laundry and also go grocery shopping. My fridge is totally empty and I'm getting hungry. They gave us breakfast at 6 AM on the flight. Geez. But then again, we landed at 7 AM, so...

You'll never stop now, huh? wink
Oh God. I think, if you had the time to really shoot this video thing you planned, you would have asked him to say "I'm a regular dude", only for me. huh? I can totally imagine. big_smile

Just read the interview ... speechless-smiley-010.gif

I hugged the Seeker!

#56 12 Oct 06 :: 14:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

No, we didn't so much think about the regular dude thing. You would have seen it yourself if we'd had the chance to catch him in a little video snippet. There were so many things we wanted to tell him and ask him and make him do, but there just wasn't enough time. sad

We gave him the Strong Medicine collage, though. He was totally tickled by that.

-TeeJay

#57 12 Oct 06 :: 14:42

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I know, Deb told me. I just wanted to make a joke. wink
Oh cool! @the Strong Medicine collage.

I hugged the Seeker!

#58 12 Oct 06 :: 17:09

Chnyst
Dork in Plastic
Website

Okay, did I hear that right? A Fanboys sequel? Whoa! big_smile
Ya know, they could bring back Chris in some flashback scenes.
That's cool that Kyle and Chris remembered us. We had a great time when they were here. Also good to hear that they confirmed the FEB release date. Anyways, I look forward to reading more about your meetings and stories from the set. Glad you both had such a great and memorable time!

fbsig.jpg

#59 12 Oct 06 :: 17:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Chnyst wrote:

Okay, did I hear that right? A Fanboys sequel? Whoa! big_smile
Ya know, they could bring back Chris in some flashback scenes.

Yes, Kyle said it himself. There's gonna be a sequel. I don't know how far that project is advanced, though. Deb, make sure to quiz Adam if it's already written if you ever get the chance to go back to the set. You should start making a list with whom to bug about what. LOL

Flashback scenes could totally work. I don't know what they have planned. It would be really cheesy, though, if Linus somehow didn't die. But I can't believe they'd do that.

-TeeJay

#60 12 Oct 06 :: 19:14

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Flashback scenes could totally work. I don't know what they have planned. It would be really cheesy, though, if Linus somehow didn't die. But I can't believe they'd do that.

Yeah, Flashback scenes could work, I think so too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#61 12 Oct 06 :: 19:40

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Talking about Linus dying... We asked Kyle what kind of cancer Linus has. He said they never specified that. They kept it vague for a reason. They didn't want to go into all that medical crap, what chemo he got and all that, so it's just cancer that'll kill him eventually. I wish we could transcribe Kyle's interview right now too, but we only have the video footage that Andrew shot and God knows when we'll get that. Let's hope sooner rather than later.

Oh, and there's also the question about his height, right? Even though he looks taller than me on the picture, I'm kinda squatting to one side to get my arm around him, so I think he was maybe just a tiny bit smaller than me, actually. I'd say maybe around 1.71 or 1.72 m. Does that satisfy you, Anne? wink

-TeeJay

#62 12 Oct 06 :: 19:47

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Does that satisfy you, Anne? wink

Dude, did you have to say that in public? big_smile
Ah well, now it's out already. LOL But for the record: Yes, it does.

I hugged the Seeker!

#63 12 Oct 06 :: 19:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Sean, to give you a little more about the Fanboys sequel, Kyle said, "Remember, no one ever dies in the Star Wars universe so there are possibilities."  He also told us about the reshoot they did at Skywalker Ranch with Linus coming out after seeing Episode One.  Hope that's not giving away anything but he said that was the most memorable day of the shoot for him.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#64 12 Oct 06 :: 22:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, look whose autograph I just hung in my little treasure corner in the bedroom:

TJ_Autographs.jpg

And, yes, that's a gun holster, but it's only a painted water pistol in there. It's an original prop from a German cop show with my favorite German actor in it. He signed it too. smile (That's TV illusion for you, because he wore it like that on the show too when they didn't shoot it too close, because a real gun would have been too heavy and would have messed with how the t-shirt fit the guy. Sheesh!)

And unfortunately I had to take Alexander Siddig down temporarily because I don't have enough frames. He'll get a new frame though and make it up on that wall again.

-TeeJay

#65 13 Oct 06 :: 01:59

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Told our story to 5 people today and showed them pictures and all of them were just stunned by our luck.  I still am, myself.  Nicole even said that if she as going to be in town, she'd go back to Agnes Scott with me this weekend.  How cool is that?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#66 13 Oct 06 :: 02:53

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Guys, I had to stay late after work and I'm having issues with my back.  I just listened to part two of the interview again and there's still a lot of work to do on the transcription.  Don't think I can do it tonight.  Tomorrow night, I'll have more time and I hopefully won't be stupid and lift stuff that's too heavy for me.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#67 13 Oct 06 :: 10:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

We'll be staying tuned for the rest of the interview. No worries, just get to it as soon as you can. (And that's easy for me to say, because I already know what he said.)

Hope your back feels better today. Yay for Nicole! smile

-TeeJay

#68 13 Oct 06 :: 16:39

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I will be getting home later than anticipated again because I have to go see Casey after work, and then I'll probably need a short nap.  I fell asleep sitting up in my chair last night for about 40 minutes.  That NEVER happens.  I think I'm still coming down and I'm starting to feel all the food and sleep deprivation from the last couple of weeks.  It was totally worth it, but it looks like this weekend will mostly be about recovering.

But I WILL get the rest of the interview up.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#69 13 Oct 06 :: 16:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, it doesn't look like the crew is shooting for the next three days at ASC.  So I don't know if I'll be able to get back in touch with the guys.  But look at it this way, if they've got three days off, maybe they'll contact us.

Just in case anyone stops by here:

Andrew, we'd love to get that Kyle video interview soon.
Kyle, we'd love to take you up on the offer of schwag from Fanboys and ROTN.
Adam, we'd still like to interview you about writing Fanboys and ROTN.
And Chris, we'd love it if you'd give me a call or something so we can get in contact with your manager about the photos and things you said you'd send us for the site.
And if anyone from the production would like to drop us a line about anything, please do so at: mail@chris-marquette.com

Thanks!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#70 13 Oct 06 :: 16:57

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hey, I just listened to part 1 of the interview. Yay! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#71 13 Oct 06 :: 17:32

Kristhetvgirl
Website

OMG! So freakin' amazing & lucky you guys are! I am so jealous... Chris Marquette and Dan Byrd?! Thank you so very much for taking a photo of Dan - even if his eyes are closed. lol He looks adorable anyways. The interview with Chris... wow I had no idea him and Dan were actually friends - and for years! The only connection I knew of was the JOA episode Dan guested on. But he didn't have any scenes with Chris, so who knew? I can't even imagine how mind-blowing that must've been for you guys! What a trip. cool Oh and yeah reading about Chris talking about how he spent 3 1/2 months in Vancouver shooting The Invisible is rather annoying... cuz I live about 30 min from Vancouver and only knew about the last bit of shooting in Nov/Dec of last year and couldn't find out where they were shooting. So he was actually here earlier than I knew! Argh! sad

So congrats guys for doing something the rest of us just wish we could've...wow. Rock on. smile

I run Chris Marquette's page on TV.com.

#72 13 Oct 06 :: 19:50

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hey Kris,

TeeJay and I talked about you living in BC and how cool it would've been if you'd gotten to see some of the shoot for The Invisible.  Maybe you could have cheered the poor guy up.  One thing is obvious when you meet him; he is totally flattered that people care so much about his work.  I hope we can get some decent sound clips for you guys from these recordings.  You just have to hear how sweet and humble he is.  And though we rarely get to hear it on film, he has a great laugh!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#73 13 Oct 06 :: 21:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, as I told Anne, he was flattered shitless about all the things we said we liked. smile

And I hate to be a wise-ass, but Kris, I think you can update some of the info on the tv.com page. Like, for instance, he doesn't live with his family anymore. Of course we don't know that for sure, but when we talked about baseball, he said he doesn't even have cable, so I'm guessing he was talking about his own place and not his parents'.

Also, that information about his pets might be years old... I think that's from quite an old interview.

I also spotted this as one of his things he did listed there:
As Told By Ginger
Cry Wolf
Stuart Higsby

and this:
The Wild Thornberrys     
Little Brother    
Hot Air

What and when was that? I've never heard about him being in that, but that doesn't mean I'm the authority of everything that concerns Chris and his filmography. If that's something he did, it needs to go in our filmography. wink

And, yes, I wish you could have met him when he was shooting in Vancouver. I wish you all could meet him. And I'll get those sound clips up there one of these days. Lars has been hanging out at my place all night, but he left now and I'm gonna continue typing up that "trip report" from my hand-written diary of our little Nerd adventure. I'm sure y'all are waiting for that. Next thing I'll work on the sound clips.

-TeeJay

#74 14 Oct 06 :: 14:01

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Okay, Deb and I finished our trip report diary thing of our adventures on Monday and Tuesday and I uploaded it to the site. Go to the About Chris section and then click on Meeting Chris. You'll find everything there. Deb is still working on the second part of the interview, stay tuned, we're gonna get there.

I also posted the sound clips from part 1 of the interview in the Media - Sounds section, as well as part 1 of the interview in the About Chris - Interviews section. Have fun! smile

-TeeJay

#75 15 Oct 06 :: 01:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I've read everthing and tested all the links.  Looks great!  Thanks for putting in all that work today, TeeJay.  I'll work on the second part of the interview tonight.  I hope it'll be here on the board when you wake up tomorrow.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer