#1 17 Jun 07 :: 20:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

(Semi-) Regular chat on Saturdays

All right, let's open a thread for this. Deb, Doree, Anne and I have been meeting semi-regularly on Sunday afternoons for a Yahoo Messenger conference chat lately, and it's been a lot of fun. Of course with the time difference to Germany, it'll have to be Sunday afternoon for you guys in the US. Usually we convene around 3 PM EST (9 PM CET). So, if anyone wants to join, feel free to do so.

EDIT: We decided to chat on Saturdays now since that seems to suit everyone better.

You don't necessarily need Yahoo Messenger installed on your system, there's a webpage called meebo (www.meebo.com) where you can log on to YM with your browser. You do need a Yahoo ID, though. If you want to find us, my login is labrat_at_home. If others want to disclose their IDs, feel free to post them. One of us will initiate a conference and invite whoever wants to join.

deedee wrote:

so i wont be able to talk with u guys today.. i hve next sunday off though i booked it off!!

Don't worry about not being here tonight, Dee. Deb's out to watch a movie and we're not chatting before 4 PM EST anyway. I have to crash around 5:30 PM too. I think Deb has a friend over all next weekend, so she most probably won't be available for a chat next Sunday. I will also meet with one of my friends, but I don't know when yet. Might be Saturday, might be Sunday. So I guess we'll see who's there and who isn't.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#2 17 Jun 07 :: 20:52

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: (Semi-) Regular chat on Saturdays

My YM ID is GermanJoan (Yeah, that was back in the days when I became a fan of Joan Of Arcadia LOL), in case you want to add me.

I hugged the Seeker!

#3 19 Jun 07 :: 15:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Looks like we might chat on Sunday after all. Deb's friend will leave Sunday morning and I will most probably also be home Sunday night my time. So, Doree and everyone else who's interested, come join us around 3 PM EST this Sunday.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#4 19 Jun 07 :: 20:18

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Does it really have to be that late? I'd love to chat with you all. but I can't stay up late, I have to get up early.

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 19 Jun 07 :: 20:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I'm easy to chat earlier than that (provided I'm not meeting with Soya then), but I don't know about the others. When do you need to go to bed, Anne?

-TeeJay

#6 20 Jun 07 :: 21:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Uhm, did someone try to add me to his/her contact list lately? I noticed something yesterday when I logged off, but it was too late, I couldn't accept it. Please send your details again.

I hugged the Seeker!

#7 20 Jun 07 :: 21:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, someone added me too. The name was "ihaveattitudeproblems2". Not sure who it is, but it's definitely someone from our MB because I recall the e-mail address.

-TeeJay

#8 20 Jun 07 :: 21:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Okay then this person may please make clear who she is and add me again.

I hugged the Seeker!

#9 30 Jun 07 :: 04:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

TeeJay, I got the package today.  big_smile

Dee, that means your goodies will finally be mailed out on Monday.  :dancing:

For our chats, TeeJay sent me a mic/headset.  The mic works fine, but the headset doesn't.  Maybe we can troubleshoot it, but if not, I can hear through my speakers and still use the mic.  wink

She also sent a flash drive so I can bring home a tiny video clip of Chris I took with my camera in January at the FX Show.  I can't get my computer to saved pics off my camera and I only have the clip saved at work.  It's HUGE for such a tiny clip.  Don't get excited, it's nothing more than a camera test of him signing autographs.  I hate that I didn't get more.

Next time, I'll do better.  And for that, TeeJay sent a mini tripod.  Thanks to her, I'm totally equiped and prepared to meet with Chris again.  Now all we need is the opportunity.  :grovel:

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#10 30 Jun 07 :: 05:26

deedee

i hve a huge tripod. brap. its name is tripeey. and yey package big_smile thanx girls.. canada day is sunday big_smile

#11 30 Jun 07 :: 09:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That's great that it arrived, Deb. Was it forwarded to the new address? We need to troubleshoot both the camera and the headset this weekend. I tried the headset here at home and it worked. I usually chat via speakers as well. Deb, I wanted to get you some sort of stereo-to-mono converter as well, so you'd only get the sound on your right ear, but I couldn't find a suitable one.

And let's cross our fingers for Dragon Con in late August. If that happens, then it would be the ultimate Dorquettes-Meet-Marquette opportunity because one can operate the camera (raises hand) and the other can ask the questions (points at Deb). smile

-TeeJay

#12 30 Jun 07 :: 10:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't dare thinking about that.

I hugged the Seeker!

#13 30 Jun 07 :: 15:23

deedee

and one can try to fly out to take massive hotness pictures* raises 2 hands* raise ur hands if ur brothers a... uhh hi.. lol

#14 30 Jun 07 :: 16:21

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Ah, hey, THREE Dorquettes for Chris to tackle at once. Geez, the poor guy! But, hey, if Dragon Con happens and Chris is there, how expensive is a flight from Ottawa to Atlanta??? wink

-TeeJay

#15 30 Jun 07 :: 17:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Can you please stop talking about flying out to where Chris is, it depresses me because I won't be able to do it (ever). sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 30 Jun 07 :: 17:20

deedee

i have no idea. haha
but lol ill get a credit card just to do it!!

#17 30 Jun 07 :: 17:21

deedee

wait u called me a DORQUETTE yikes doest hat mean im not a dits anymore :dancing:

#18 30 Jun 07 :: 17:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

deedee wrote:

wait u called me a DORQUETTE doest hat mean im not a dits anymore

Hmmmmm. Can I take it back? LOL wink

Samsy-Marie wrote:

Can you please stop talking about flying out to where Chris is, it depresses me because I won't be able to do it (ever). sad

If you keep saying it, it'll come true. Hey, who knows, one day he's gonna shoot something in or close to Germany and you'll bet we'll be there!

-TeeJay

#19 30 Jun 07 :: 17:34

deedee

ur taking it back!!! no and btw:
Options 
Flight 1: Prepaid Onboard Café voucher  5.00
Flight 2: Prepaid Onboard Café voucher  5.00
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #10009-2287)  0.60 
Total airfare, taxes and options (per passenger)  568.68 
Number Of Passengers 1 
Grand Total - Canadian Dollars  $568.68 
thats how much it wuld b for me to get there AND BACK. not bad eh?

#20 30 Jun 07 :: 17:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I have no idea what 570 Canadian$ are in Euro, but that sounds pretty expensive to me. If you can afford it, I'm all for you flying out to ATL for a weekend. But at this point we don't even know if a) the Fanboys guys are gonna be at Dragon Con and b) if Chris is gonna be there. Still, it's a nice daydream with potential of becoming real. smile

-TeeJay

#21 30 Jun 07 :: 17:38

deedee

394.81 euros. i did it on a site.. i ono how acurate it is. and six hundred isnt THAT much i mean.. really i ono its not too bad. and its an amaazing dream :drool:

#22 30 Jun 07 :: 17:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, 400 EUR is not too bad, considering that it costs me 730 to fly from Germany to ATL in August. But there's still gonna be more expenses, including the Con tickets. Maybe we can keep discussing it, once we have confirmation about who's gonna be there and who isn't. Best thing is: We can ask Chris himself when the time comes and get the info first hand.

-TeeJay

#23 30 Jun 07 :: 21:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:
Samsy-Marie wrote:

If you keep saying it, it'll come true. Hey, who knows, one day he's gonna shoot something in or close to Germany and you'll bet we'll be there!

Yeah, blah, blah, blah. roll
And who says he needs to come to Europe for that? Maybe I wanna visit America sometime.

I hugged the Seeker!

#24 01 Jul 07 :: 05:38

OhGnarly

I downloaded Yahoo Messenger on my laptop right before I left on my trip, so when I get back I'll add all of you guys and try to join in on the chats. big_smile

#25 01 Jul 07 :: 10:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Please do, Brenna. You'd have to give one of us your unsername, thoug, so we can find and invite you to the chat.

-TeeJay

Board footer