tesig1.jpg

#77 15 Oct 06 :: 10:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Kyle Newman's Revenge of the Nerds (Remake) - CANCELED

Interview With Chris on the set of Revenge Of The Nerds 10/10/06
Part Two

(Please excuse any typos. I've been working on this for almost 6 hours, it's 4 am and my eyes are crossing.)

The second part of this interview took place about 8 pm, after shooting wrapped for the day.  We caught Chris as he left the building and headed away from the set.  I asked if he was leaving and he said he was looking for us to ask if we could come back the next day to finish the interview.  It would've been difficult since Tina was heading home to Germany that day.  So we promised to only take a few more minutes of his time, 5 or 10 maybe.  Even though his call was for 7 am and he had been given three new pages to learn, he agreed to hang out just a little while longer.

We went back into the building and sat on tables in the hallway.  We thought everyone was pretty much gone but there was a lot of traffic through there as we tried to finish our interview.  And we soon learned that we were sitting right beside the men's room.  Ain't Hollywood glamorous?

Right before we got started, Tina gave Chris a little card that we had made up from the Strong Medicine collage she did.  You can see it here:  http://www.chris-marquette.com/gallery/ … =21&pos=11

He got a big kick out of it.  I wish the tape had been running.  I asked him if he realized how much he had grown up over the course of the show.  He looked at the card and said, "No, not really.  Wow."

Soon Tina started the tape.  I hadn't really planned to ask about that show but I'm glad it came up.       

Deb:
How did that all that work anyway? Because it seemed like you always went back whenever they wanted you and you could.

Tina:
You can keep that.

Chris:
Oh yeah?  That's great.
Just then, someone spoke on an intercom and a bunch of people passed through and Chris spoke to them all as they left.  And he apologized to us for the interruption, then right back to the question.

Chris:
Um, how did that--- Strong Medicine work?

Deb:
Yeah, 'cause with everything you were doing you still came back.

Chris:
Yeah. No, I always worked it out. Those people are like family to me, all those people, so you know eventually, it's like whatever I was doing, Strong Medicine would call and they'd say, "Look, you know in December, we want to do an episode or two." And so if I'd ever booked anything else, then we'd say well, he's busy for these two weeks, but somehow we'd always kinda work it out. There was a few times where we couldn't, which kinda sucked. And then I kinda disappeared from that show for a while.

Deb:
I wondered if there were any specific shows that you couldn't do.

Chris:
Yeah, there's been a few things I haven't been able to do, unfortunately, but definitely a lot of Strong Medicine episodes I was in.

Deb:
It took us a long time to see that last one.

Chris:
Oh really?

Deb:
Yeah, in fact I just finally caught it about two months ago. And of course everybody went crazy when they saw it.  It was like, oh my God, he's so grown up.

Chris: (Laughs)
Yeah, I hadn't been on that show in like, a year so it was pretty cool, that episode.

At this point the noise got really annoying so I went about closing all the doors around us to hopefully cut down on the disruptions.

Deb:
I used to work production so I'm not shy about these things.

Chris:
Gotcha.  OK, cool. No, can't be shy in production.

Deb:
Not at all.
We want to finish up with the movie questions we have before get into TV a little bit. The thing that I'm really curious about, I got really excited about Calvin Marshall.

Chris:
Yeah.

Deb:
Cause I love baseball.

Chris:
Oh yeah.  OK.

Deb:
So I was wondering if you were still committed to that, even though it's taking a  really long time.

Chris:
I am, yeah. I don't know exactly what's gonna happen with it, but I am definitely committed to it.

Tina:
We might know more than you do, because we e-mailed with Gary Lundgren.

Chris:
Oh, no way. You met him?

Deb:
Only over e-mail.

Tina:
He said that it might happen early next year.

Chris:
Yeah, that's what they were saying, is probably early next year. But then again, it depends on you know I think like a couple of other people that are in the movie too, so... Really, God knows. I think that's the plan, is like maybe February next year or March next year, but I don't really know.

Deb:
Was that what you kinda gained some weight for?

Chris:
I started to. Yeah, I gained about eighteen pounds, and I was supposed to do that movie, and instead I did Fanboys 'cause that movie fell through, and I had to play the dying kid, so I drank water and didn't work out for about two and a half months and then lost all the weight again. So I'm looking forward to getting it back, to be completely honest, like somehow I just haven't had time to go back and get in the gym and I've also been really lazy, so I went and did you know like two movies and now this third one in which I was like planning on getting back in the gym, and I started for a couple of weeks, and then I'm like, now you gotta be the biggest nerd in the world. Oh yeah, great, so I stopped working out, right? And it makes my life  easier, actually. So now I eat pizza and drink lots of Coca Cola and go to bed late.

Deb:
There you go.

Chris:
Yeah, so--- (shrugs)

Deb:
Do you like baseball at all?

Chris:
I do. Yeah, I like baseball. I've always been a soccer guy. So I've always been huge on soccer. That was my sport as a kid. I played baseball, I played basketball, but I sucked at all of them. Well, except for soccer.  Soccer, I was pretty decent at. I'm not as good as I was when I was a kid, but I still can play.

Deb:
Any rooting interest in the World Series this year?

Chris:
Um, I'm not a huge... Nah, you know, I'm always someone who's like really into it  when it starts happening, but like to follow it all... I mean, I don't even have cable, so I don't watch any TV. If there's a game, a really exciting game, I'll go over to a friend's house and watch it.

Deb:
It's gotta be a healthier lifestyle anyway.

I meant not watching a lot of TV.  He apparently though I meant being a sporto.

Chris:
Yeah, maybe, I don't know. People who are into sports tend to like, you know they're all athletic and shit. They're always healthy and they eat well. And I'm like OK, cool.  Maybe I should start looking at sports and stop eating Taco Bell.

Deb:
If I could break that habit...

Chris:
Yeah, exactly.

(Laughter)

Deb:
We read online that you might be producing a remake of My Tutor, is that true?

Chris:
Yeah, I don't think that's happening anymore, but then again, you know it could be.   You know it was something like a while a ago, something you know right after I did Girl Next Door. That was something I was supposed to do, and so they started writing it and I was helping out on it and then... I sorta never heard anything back. So I don't know if that's really gonna keep going.

Deb:
That's weird.  The news just came out.

Chris:
Really?

Deb:
Yeah, just a couple of months ago.

Chris:
Really?

Deb:
Mmhm, like it's a new project.

Chris:
Really?

Deb:
And so we were like, ahhh! And we were wondering if you were gonna play the lead if it had happened.

Chris:
Yeah, it was supposed to be, but then they had a pitch too, that like, you know, the original idea for it was like me and this tutor fall in love, and they changed the idea, and the last time I heard --- it could be totally different now, God knows --- but the last time I heard, they changed the idea where somebody like Bernie Mack comes in and it becomes like a whole class full of tutors.

We kind of turn our noses up at that stupid idea.

Chris:
Yeah, I know. So it's like kinda...

Laughter breaks out as he shrugs in agreement and explains.

Chris:
You know, kinda like a rag tag bunch of kids, like Revenge of the Nerds in a sense, where it's like all these little white kids who Bernie Mack teaches to be cool. And they go up against the jocks and everybody cool in the school, so if that's the case, I'd produce it, I don't think I'd be in it, but uh... then again, who knows?

Deb:
We're gonna turn to TV for a second.

Chris:
Cool.
Deb:
This is about Joan, the season two box set is coming out next month.

Chris:
Oh, it is?  Oh, cool. OK.

Deb:
Yeah, and we were wondering if you did any commentaries for it.

Chris:
I didn't. No. I didn't.

We expressed our regret about that.

Chris:
No, no, you have no idea, they--- No, that was one of the shows I was more involved in in my heart than anything else. Like, for some reason, like, you know, they took --- You know, I think I did one photo session, one time. But that's it.

Tina:
We were hoping for a commentary on Trial & Error.

Chris:
I know, I know.  Yeah.  I really would have loved that.

Deb:
Somebody needs to explain that episode.

Chris:
I could. I'll do something with you guys one day, and explain that.

Deb:
That would be great because one of the questions I have in here is what did you think when you first read that script?

Chris:
Which episode is that again?

Deb:
Trial & Error is the one where Adam cheats.

Chris:
Oh, yeah! Oh, you have no idea! I hated it! I got in the biggest argument with all the producers. You have no idea. I was like: You're going to ruin me.. as an actor. Because like, you don't understand, anybody who ever likes me on the show is because of my relationship with Joan. And I was like, and there is absolutely no reason why he should do this. I fought that for about two weeks when I first got the script, and then when I went in, I even fought about, like OK, well I guess if he has to cheat, what exactly are we gonna do with it then? Is it all gonna be in vain, is there like a---? You know, I tried to make a reason, you know? I tried to find some kind of reason, to make him a bit more immature, and a bit more like he's just, it's kind of like he's got tons of hormones and he's a teenager, and some girl just lays herself out and he just has to?  You know?  And that still didn't really come across, so, to be honest, it really didn't---

We get interrupted again by some chick and her posse leaving the building.  Chris stops to say goodbye and he shakes her hand.

Chris:
It was nice to meet you, Alex.

Chick:
What was your name?

Chris:
Chris.

Chick:
Chris.

Chris:
Yeah.

Chick:
Thanks.  See you tomorrow, Chris.

Chris:
Have a good night, guys.

I get up and make sure the last remaining door is closed.

Deb:
"What's your name?" "Chris, only the main part in the film."

Chris:
Yeah. (Laughs) Oh, I don't expect anybody... Are you kidding me?

Tina:
You know, the fans hated that episode.

Chris:
Yeah, I bet they did. And that's what I told them!  And so I'm glad to finally know, because I kept telling them. I was like guys, they're gonna--- You don't understand, this makes no sense. And to be honest, you know, what they wanted is, they wanted, the studio, those people, wanted to make the show for kids. They wanted to make it for young kids. Literally, I think they wanted to make it like The O.C. And so the idea was like make people cheat on people. And like make people heartbroken.  And you know, if there's any decent character, make him an asshole. You know, and it was like why are you gonna do that to these nice people with this decent relationship? At the same time the only thing nice about it, the only thing that they sorta convinced me was nice about it, they said after a while, you guys are kinda like an old married couple. And I was like, I can kinda see that. And they're like so we're kinda--- that was their thing to me. Which, to be honest, was kinda hiding the fact that they just, you know were trying to make us The O.C. But at the same time, it was like, OK, this is what it has to be.  You have no idea, I really... I went through, like, a lot of hell with that episode, you have no--- Yeah, I really did.

Deb:
I gotta tell you two things. First thing, you just confirmed everything that I ever believed about what went on behind the scenes.

Chris:
Oh, good.  Yeah.

Deb:
I told her (Tina), they were trying to make it like the O.C.  I said those words.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah.

Deb:
And I also said I don't think that the actors probably... None of them---

Chris:
Yeah, we were all upset.  You have no--- Amber and I sat down with Jim Hayman and Peter Schindler, and uh, a couple--- I forgot exactly who wrote that episode because the writers all switched so much. But we sat down with all five of them and we were like we can't do this. I don't know what you guys are doing, but we can't do this. Like, I mean, you want us to break up, we'll break up, but don't like have him cheat on her. Amber was upset, I was upset, everybody was. It really didn't make any sense. Michael Welch came to me, Jason Ritter came to me, even Mary Steenburgen, everybody came and was like, I don't understand why they're doing it. I was like, me either! I keep telling 'em, so... Everybody was completely against it.  It really was...

Deb:
It's great that you're getting to say that to people, because we've been wanting to hear your side.

Chris:
Yeah, no, I know.  Yeah.

Deb:
And I gotta tell you also, this is really important that you understand this.

Chris:
Yes.

Deb
We never stopped loving you.

Chris:
(Laughs) Oh, good!  I'm so glad!

Deb:
As an actor or Adam.

Chris:
Yeah. Oh, good!

Deb:
It was like we wanted to slap Adam, we wanted to hug you.

Chris:
(Laughs) Oh, thank you, oh thank you, thank you very much.

Deb:
What you did in that episode was so overwhelmingly powerful, I hope you know that.

Chris:
Really?  Thank you. 

Deb:
And I hope you know how gut-wrenching it is to watch that thing and we would love for it never to have happened---

Chris:
Yeah.

Tina:
You know, you started me on writing fan fiction after that episode.

Chris:
Really?

Tina:
Yep.  I wrote so much about Adam not being the asshole and trying to justify it some way.

Chris:
Thank you.

Deb:
And she's not the only one.

Chris:
Thank you.  Wow.  Well, that's awesome.  Thank you.

We get interrupted yet again by a PA.

PA:
Can I interrupt? I'm so sorry.

Chris:
That's all right.

PA:
Um, are you gonna head back any time soon?

Chris: (Looks at us)
Yeah, probably like about, what do you guys need?

Deb:
Like about five minutes, ten minutes.

Chris:
About ten minutes.

PA:
I'm gonna go there right now, and make sure they don't leave without me.

Chris:
Cool.

PA:
Like I'll hang out there.

Chris:
Cool.  All right, cool.  Thanks man.

Deb:
One more question about Joan, something that we've always been curious about, who is more responsible for making Adam the character that he was, you know, prior to Trial & Error? You or the writing staff?

Chris:
Um, I'd say it was a collaboration of both. I don't wanna be somebody who like takes credit for something, but at the same time it started off you know, I was just supposed to do one episode. Like that's all it was supposed to be. I was supposed to do that one episode and then leave.  And after the second day of shooting, they were like, Would you do one more? And I was like, Yeah, yeah, I'll do one more. And then after that they were like, Can you do, like, four?  And I was like, yeah, I'll do four, and after four they were like, Would you be a series regular? And I was like, Whoa, really? And so they couldn't make it official until the second season. They can't change the beginning credits and everything and our posters and everything until like next season. I was like sure. So then I was credited as guest star, but from that moment on it just kinda became like... You know, they wrote most of everything.  You know a lot of that show--- It was not my improv or anything like that. You know, that was all really just good writing. But at the same time I think I pushed as hard as I could for making him sort of like this sensitive artist guy. You know, after a while it became more me than anything. And then that was the stuff they started writing.  I mean, there was some ridiculous stuff I remember saying on that show.  I think one of the first lines I ever had was like, "You kidding me? I don't smoke booyah schwag."

Deb:
Yeah.

(Laugter)

Chris:
And I know I said like, "Did I really say booyah schwag?" And I think they kept that in. And it was like, really?  I don't know.  But it was stuff like that that you kinda fight against.

Tina:
People started saying "unchallenged" and "yo" and stuff.

(Laughter)

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, yeah, unchallenged and yo. Yeah.

Deb:
He changed a little in the second season. You kinda grew him up a little bit.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, I did.

Deb:
Second season Adam is really different.

Chris:
Yeah, I know. Very different, yeah.

Deb:
And that's the character that we all pretty much loved.

Chris: (Whispers, like he's awed and surprised by that.) Oh. Oh, cool, OK.

Deb:
A little bit bolder, we liked that.

Chris:
Yeah, yeah, he got a little bit more confident, a little more out of his shell.   Yeah.  That's the way we kinda wanted to do it for that season. It's what we wanted to do, so, glad that came across.

Deb:
Yeah, absolutely.

We're gonna jump to Huff for just one second.

Chris:
Sure, yeah.

Deb:
We just loved seeing you in a little bit of a darker kind of role.

Chris:
Oh, yeah?

Deb:
Yeah---

Chris:
Yeah, but they dimmed it down. You know, it was a lot darker originally and they dimmed it down. Yeah, it was this great--- Like the first scene I ever had in there, I did this insanely creepy thing and it was great and they cut it all out. I like show him this little thing in my hand, and I have him touch it and pick it up, and he smells it, and he's like, "What is this?"

Tina:
Who, Byrd?

Chris:
Yeah, Byrd. Uh, and Byrd sits there, smelling it, and he's like, "What're you doin'?" So I'm just eyeing him this whole time. And um, I forgot what exactly I was saying but it was all creepy stuff, and I finally admit to him it's my umbilical cord.

Tina:
Eeeewwwwww.

Chris:
Yeah, like my mother kept my umbilical cord. And he just freaks out and throws it down, and I get all upset at him and I start--- you know, we have this like argument. And it was this great scene, and they cut it all right before that.

Deb:
Was that supposed to be the day that you guys meet?

Chris:
Yeah, that's like I tackle him, and it goes away from the scene when it comes back to the scene, I'm sitting there talking to him on the couch, like I offer him a Coca Cola or something. Originally, like, about ten seconds after that, fifteen seconds, I give him my umbilical cord.

(Laughter)

Chris:
So it sort of, it just started off much creepier and much darker and they just dimmed it all down, unfortunately, but, yeah.

Deb:
Well, we were wondering if they cut anything and so you just answered my question.

Chris:
Yeah, they did.  Yeah.  And I haven't seen all the episodes, so I don't know what else they cut but I'm sure they did.

Tina:
How did it end? I mean, they beat him up and he disappears.

Chris:
And that's it.  Yeah.  You know, originally there was supposed to be something else, and I left to go shoot something. So they couldn't get me back to get together, so they sort of picked up that other character, the guy, his name is Jesse Head, I forget the name of his character.

Deb:
Ely.

Chris:
Ely, yeah, so they sort of picked up with him instead of me because I had gone away, but uh...

Tina:
What happened to James after they beat him up?

Chris:
I don't know! I have no idea! They didn't write it. They were supposed to do one more episode, and then they never wrote it and they said don't worry about it, you know?  And that was it.

Deb:
That seems to be the theme of the whole second season.

Chris:
Yeah, just kinda like, let it go?  Yeah, I think to be honest, they were just expecting that they were definitely gonna have a third season, and so they didn't. And that's where they were gonna tie everything back in. 'Cause for the third season they were talking to me about doing a few more episodes.

Deb:
Do you have any interest in playing a darker role like that?

Chris:
Yeah. Oh, yeah.  No, I mean the object of the game is that after this movie, is like not playing a nerd ever again. And uh, you know I wanna go older and definitely for sure, I think a bit darker. You know, I've been like--- You know, I think it's interesting to be an actor and explore different parts of who you are through your acting.  And you know, I've explored how sensitive I can be. I've explored I think how kind I can be. And now I've been wondering about my anger, and uh, you know, about how mean I can be, so...  Uh, so I think that's a whole other side of myself that I haven't touched on too much. I think it'll be interesting to. I just wanna scream at somebody.

Tina:
Would you do another TV role if it was really interesting?

Chris:
If it was really interesting, possibly. The hard part with TV is that it's really, uh, it's... I mean, you could possibly do the same part for six years in a row. And that's really difficult to sign on to. You know, I signed on to Joan because I really started to love that part. I realized after about a year and a half, I was like, I might have to play the same character for six years, and I'd never done that before. Every character you play, you take on everything and you let it go. And you leave your project and you let all those things go and you forget about it and they sort of become a part of you in a way and that's it, you move on. To do a part, after a while I felt like I'm not doing my job.  I was like, I'm just being this character, and I don't know if it's the character or me anymore, I couldn't tell. So it's just one of those things of like, you know, well this is it. I'm doing my job, it's not challenging anymore, it easy.  If my job's easy, I feel like I'm not doing my job. So, it's a hard commitment to make. It's like you know, do you wanna go be comfortable for six years? Well, if I'm comfortable, am I really gaining anything? Am I moving in a certain direction? So that's the hard part. That's the challenging--- So, I don't know.  At this point in my career, I really don't think I would.

Deb:
Not even a guest role?

Chris:
I would do guest roles. Yeah, for sure. I almost, like uh... I was thinkin' about doing this cool role on ER, a few weeks ago.

Deb:
That woulda been great.

Chris:
Yeah, and it woulda been soon. Um, but I don't even know if they were really that interested in me, to be honest.

Tina:
Come on, give us something, so we don't have to wait years for your movies.

Chris:
No, I know!  No, I definitely would do some cool guest stars. I mean, there's nothing coming up right now. To be honest, it's been like--- I had this last month off, but you know, I need to like, you know (Take a vacation. Say it Chris!) Before that, it was Education of Charlie Banks. That was, like, two and a half months straight. A week before I started that, I finished The Beautiful Ordinary, and then a week before that, I finished Fanboys. It's like a non-stop thing. And to do... just, you know, The Beautiful Ordinary is like a completely different character than I ever played.

Deb:
Really?

Chris:
Yeah, it's totally different.

Deb:
How so?

Chris:
I play, like uh, almost like a crackhead.

Deb:
Really?

Here's where you'd hear the men's room getting a workout if you were listening to the audio.

Chris:
Yeah.  I play like this guy who's like all over the place, he's like really wiry, and he's like constantly smoking a ton of drugs. And he's just like, uh they let me, it's great there's like this endless---  I don't know how it'll come out, but at the time I was really proud of it. It's like one scene where they let me--- I told them, I was like, will you just let me tell a story? And they were like, What do you mean? I had one line in the thing, and it was something like "Oh yeah." That's all I say, is like two words. And I was like, Will you just let me tell a story right here, and they're like, Sure. So I started telling this crazy story and they just let me keep going and going and going and going and finally it ended, and everybody was, all the others actors were kinda sitting there like, Oh-kay! It was really funny, and they said they loved it and kept it in the movie. So hopefully it will be something really cool, but totally different.  And, uh, you now, Education of Charlie Banks is totally different. I play like this Guido New York guy who thinks he's like, a real badass. You know, just thinks he's really tough.

Deb:
That'll be fun.

Chris:
Yeah, it was fun. And it takes place in the 80's, so I had to wear all these like tight, like you know, the white jeans and all this crazy stuff and I look like I'm a big fan of the Ramones.  But it's cool.  It's really good.

Deb:
And there was another one in there, Choose Connor.

Chris:
Choose Connor, that was one of my dearest friends, Luke Eberl, who wrote that and directed it. I've known him since I was fourteen, he's younger than I am. And my friend Andrew, who's working on this, Andrew McFarlane, produced it along with my other good friend Aaron (Himelstein).  So it's sort of like I've got six or seven really close friends and ---.

And then they came and interrupted us for the last time that night.  I swear I never really imagined that he would be mother-henned off to base camp like he was still a little kid or something, but I guess it's good to have people to look after you.

Lady PA:
So sorry.

Chris:
That's all right.

Lady PA:
They really need you at Base Camp.

Chris:
OK. Gotcha.  I'm sorry.

Deb:
No, you given us more than we ever expected.

Chris:
Well, I still have tons to say, so I'll give you guys--- Well, how do I get ahold of you guys?

The recording ends there, although I wish it didn't.  He hung around for probably another five minutes.  I gave him my business card, with the website URL and my email address on the back.  Now, it's only up to him to use it so we can get you guys more exclusive material.

Before we lost him, we got a few things signed, got our picture taken with him and got goodbye hugs.  Then, he was gone.  But man, what a sweetie pie!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#78 15 Oct 06 :: 10:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hey Deb, thanks for posting Part 2. smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#79 15 Oct 06 :: 11:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yes, thanks a bunch! I'll fix it up to put on the website. I'm not going to Anja's after all, she's got a bladder infection (sound familiar?). But Lars is gonna come over later and we'll try something from that Southern cookbook I brought him. (He liked it a lot, Deb.) Not sure how much time I'll have for website stuff.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#80 15 Oct 06 :: 11:41

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Actually there are some thing I have problems to understand, but we can talk about that later, Tina.

I hugged the Seeker!

#81 15 Oct 06 :: 20:46

irina

girls i just read the part 2 of the interview and listened to the sound clips. and i can say  Invision-Board-France-76.gif and Invision-Board-France-73.gif. i had a great time also reading the report of the trip. you made sound so real, i felt like i was watching you.
you asked great questions. and he seems to be a totally wonderful person. especially for someone so young, could be easy to be full of himself( i'm not sure what the word in english is), but he is not. just great for him! i just wish him all the best!:)

#82 15 Oct 06 :: 22:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, Irina, check back now, because I just uploaded the sound clips from the second part of the interview. So there's more Chris to listen to and the second part clips are also slightly better quality. smile And thank you for the compliments. Let's hope Chris thought we asked great questions too.

And "being full of yourself" is the exact English expression, and you're right, he is not. Absolutely not. You can't be less full of yourself than him. He was so sweet and modest and humble. I could still gather him up in my arms and carry him home to keep him. big_smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#83 15 Oct 06 :: 22:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, you can certainly hear in the sound clips how sweet he is.  I love the second part of the interview so much.  You should've seen him answering some of those questions.  And did I mention the eye contact?  Well, did I mention it today?

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#84 16 Oct 06 :: 01:44

irina

" I could still gather him up in my arms and carry him home to keep him."
tee jay, i'm still laughing after reading this line lol. i don't know why, but i can just imagine you and deb wraping ( again not sure of the word) him up and just taking him home as a present:lol:. ok, that sounded crazy, but i just find it so funny!

#85 16 Oct 06 :: 06:12

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

That's awesome. glad you got to talk to him about Trial and Error, him saying that makes me feel better about it all...:)

tesig1.jpg

#86 16 Oct 06 :: 06:29

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Talking to him about Trial & Error was kind of the highlight of the second part of the interview for me.  He was very candid about it and my hope is that in the second season box set, everyone else at BH & Co will acknowledge that it was a dumb move.  Luckily for them, it was a salvagable wreck thanks to the performances and the commitment of their brilliant cast.  Tragically for them, their network didn't believe that the way the fans still did.

Now, I'm really annoyed that we didn't get a 3rd season of either Joan or Huff!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#87 16 Oct 06 :: 08:36

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I also hope that they'll give at least some explanations on the Season 2 DVD Set. I also hope that BH tells something about what would have happened in Season 3.

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Now, I'm really annoyed that we didn't get a 3rd season of either Joan or Huff!

Me too. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#88 16 Oct 06 :: 09:28

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

irina wrote:

" I could still gather him up in my arms and carry him home to keep him."
tee jay, i'm still laughing after reading this line lol. i don't know why, but i can just imagine you and deb wraping ( again not sure of the word) him up and just taking him home as a present:lol:. ok, that sounded crazy, but i just find it so funny!

Hey, don't worry about sounding crazy, we're all a little crazy around here. I think you have to be to first create a website about a young actor almost no one knows and then also have the determination and guts to go out there and actually meet him. smile Plus we're crazy anyway, not only because of that.

And, believe me, if I could I would wrap him up and take him home. And I'd show him to all my friends. "Hey, guys, this is Chris, ain't he cute? I brought him from Atlanta. And don't worry, he's house-broken." wink

Yeah, for the record, I still wish we had gotten a third season of JoA *and* Huff. <sigh> Geez, I really really hope the s2 commentaries will talk a bit about that, otherwise I'm gonna scream at my TV.

-TeeJay

#89 16 Oct 06 :: 09:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Hey, don't worry about sounding crazy, we're all a little crazy around here. I think you have to be to first create a website about a young actor almost no one knows and then also have the determination and guts to go out there and actually meet him. smile Plus we're crazy anyway, not only because of that.

And, believe me, if I could I would wrap him up and take him home. And I'd show him to all my friends. "Hey, guys, this is Chris, ain't he cute? I brought him from Atlanta. And don't worry, he's house-broken." wink

Hey, what did you expect? We're the "Dorquettes"! big_smile
LOL, hey TeeJay, that's a nice imagination ...  wink

TeeJay wrote:

Yeah, for the record, I still wish we had gotten a third season of JoA *and* Huff. <sigh> Geez, I really really hope the s2 commentaries will talk a bit about that, otherwise I'm gonna scream at my TV.

Oh God, now I wanna live in that paralell universe where they didn't cancel JoA ... sad And Huff, of course.

I hugged the Seeker!

#90 17 Oct 06 :: 06:30

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

TeeJay wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh God, now I wanna live in that paralell universe where they didn't cancel JoA ...  And Huff, of course.

So many times I've wished that JoA wasn't cancelled. Two seasons isn't enough...:(
I gotta stop thinking about this, every time it just makes me angry and upset. God, I need to move on!

Sadly, I'm used to all my favourite Tv shows being cancelled. mad I don't watch much tv anymore...

tesig1.jpg

#91 17 Oct 06 :: 17:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, all the shows I love get cancelled too.  But I just can't stop getting attached to shows. 

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#92 17 Oct 06 :: 18:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

But I just can't stop getting attached to shows.

Yeah, me too. But somehow I'm not enjoying my favorite shows on TV in Germany anymore ... I rather watch them English on DVD now. So I almost stopped watching TV, I just watch GA and CSI:NY at the moment, just to see how much I could understand in English. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#93 19 Oct 06 :: 21:01

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just found this on the IMDb ROTN board. There *are* nice people there after all:

by katiel10     (Thu Oct 19 2006 08:31:30 )    

Hi,

I was an extra on this film the 1st week of filming. The location (Decatur, GA)and campus of Agnes Scott University is absolutely GORGEOUS! I can understand why the director picked this college for the movie. I'm sure it is a little inconvenient for the students, but hey, how often do you have a major motion picture film at your school? Everyone I've met so far associated with the movie have been great!!! Including the actors. Chris was so down to earth. Being around him, you would never know he was the celebrity he is! Kristin Cavallari was very sweet and approachable as was Efren Ramirez. It's really been a neat experience so far!

-TeeJay

#94 19 Oct 06 :: 21:05

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Cool. It's good to know that the imdb board is not completely populated with jerks.

I hugged the Seeker!

#95 20 Oct 06 :: 03:51

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nope, not completely, Anne.  Check this out, guys:

avaughnvolley     1 hour ago (Thu Oct 19 2006 17:38:28)    
Ignore this User | Report Abuse     Reply
personally me and my mates are looking forward to this movie. The original was made before we were born and the couple times we have watched it we saw things that could have been done better giving todays film standards and technology. In 1820, Charles Caleb Colton coined the phrase "Imitation is the highest form of flattery." I think this applies here.

I also think the actors (especially Marquette and Pinkston) that have been cast in this film are the new front line of comedy coming out of the states. Marquette was hilarious in The Girl Next Door and Just Friends. I am truely anxious to see his new film Alpha Dog and I know I am not alone. I have read a copy of the script and it is pure genious I am sure Marquette will more than prove himself in this, as if he needs to. He was excellent in American Gun along side such talented actors as Donald Sutherland and Froest Whitaker. Pinkston well he is just brilliant his work on PUNKD (I bought the DVD and watch it often) was one of the reasons the show blew up in the first season. We were lucky enough to get one of the states throw offs (BIG mistake for America's FOX TV) Quintuplets on the telly here and Pinkston had us rolling in our seats every episode. I have a group of mates that would gather to watch every episode. Being a film student I have made it a point to holiday in California the last few years. On my visit in 2004 I was lucky to get tickets to a taping of Quintuplets and I have been following his work closely ever since. We have all been very suprised one of your TV networks didn't sign him to another show when he left FOX. Last summer when in Los Angeles I was invited to a screening of his soon to be released Full of It, more of a dark comedy I left the theater with even more respect for this young man. I wasn't a big fan of Soul Plane, I guess we don't quite understand what you in the states call urban humor but I thought Pinkston was the one glowing light in the movie. Every critic I have read agrees with this. You will definitely see a lot more of these chaps in the years to come.

I suggest you do a search on this film and you will find out how out numbered you are if you are against its production. I have read that at this years ComicCon (The Holy Grail of Nerd Conventions) it was one of the major attractions drawing thousands of convention goers.

The thing you have to understand this is not a REMAKE from what I have read there are all new characters all new situations. I am the first to skip the sequel at the box office (unless its Johnny Depp). But a classic like Nerds, I will be the first in line for my ticket.

Just the view of things from across the pond.
~~~

Cool, huh?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#96 20 Oct 06 :: 07:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Wow, that's a nice post. Thank you for bringing it over here. I've read more posts of this person. He, alongside with this vickirobo (or whatever he/she's called), Ryan Pinkston's mom and us is about the only person on that board who's defending the remake of the movie. Deb and I have decided not to post much in the ROTN IMDb thread anymore at this point. Mainly because we want all the yelling and screaming and bad blood to die down for a while. Let's hope no one posts anything there now that I feel I need to answer to. I'm trying hard to stay away.

And another person from Europe. Yay! Must be a Chris fan if he/she's seen all the movies he/she mentioned.

-TeeJay

#97 20 Oct 06 :: 10:55

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, this is the kind of post I like very much.
And you know that I never posted in the ROTN boards.Okay, mostly because my English isn't good enough and I don't want people to yell something at me I can't understand, but I also know, that most of these jerks there will just never stop, so I don't see the sense in still posting there. I know it's hard to stay away from there, but it's the only thing we can do to stay calm. Getting upset doesn't change anything there.

I hugged the Seeker!

#98 21 Oct 06 :: 19:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Did we already post this one? I don't think we did, so here's the pretty sucky article about ROTN that was in the Atlanta paper (www.ajc.com):

Nerds' will hang out in Atlanta
Remake of fraternity comedy films in metro Atlanta

By BOB LONGINO
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 10/14/2006

Movie nerds invaded the Georgia Capitol this week and are now ensconced at Decatur's Agnes Scott College.

Twentieth Century Fox's new youth-centered division Fox Atomic has started filming a remake of the 1984 college fraternity comedy "Revenge of the Nerds" in Atlanta for release in late spring or late summer 2007.

The comedy, budgeted at about $13 million to $15 million, is termed a re-imagining.

"We've got the spirit of the original, hopefully, but ours is a different kind of nerd," says 30-year-old director Kyle Newman, a 1998 Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker Award winner. "We're not talking about the science-math geek with a pocket protector. Our outsiders are more ordinary-looking guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves."

The new film's young-adult cast includes Efren Ramirez (who played Pedro in "Napoleon Dynamite"), Chris Marquette (TV's "Pasadena" and "Joan of Arcadia"), Marietta-born Dan Byrd ("The Hills Have Eyes"), Katie Cassidy ("When a Stranger Calls") and Kristin Cavallari (TV's "Veronica Mars" and the MTV reality soap "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County").

Filming began Monday on the third floor of the Capitol, where the appropriations room was reconfigured into a Greek council meeting hall. Production, which has moved to Agnes Scott for extensive days of shooting, is expected to last through November. Other Atlanta locations will include Morris Brown College, Inman Park, Druid Hills and Kirkwood.

On Friday, the cast was filming Greek games at Agnes Scott. While getting her hair and makeup done, Cavallari, 19, offered up a quick description of her character. "I'm playing a sorority girl who is obviously mean to the nerds," she says.

Her fellow actors and crew haven't been in town too long, but they've already hit dinner spots in Buckhead. Cavallari says they hope to visit the Georgia Aquarium on Sunday.

She also says the only difference between filming a Hollywood movie and a TV reality show is that a big-screen film "is a lot bigger of a production." Otherwise, "with all the takes and camera angles, it's the same thing."

Since the 1980s, Agnes Scott has been the site of several Hollywood TV and movie productions, including "Scream 2," "The Four Seasons," Oscar's best-picture-winning "Driving Miss Daisy," and "Fried Green Tomatoes."

The new "Nerds" is being produced by McG, who earlier this year in metro Atlanta directed "We Are Marshall," a big-screen drama about a West Virginia college football team struggling to recover from an airplane tragedy. "Marshall," starring Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Fox, debuts in theaters Dec. 22.

Photos by BRANT SANDERLIN/Staff

image_4830101.jpg
"Revenge of the Nerds" actors Dan Byrd and Kristin Cavallari joke around between takes Friday at Agnes Scott College.

image_4830102.jpg
Garnett Burk (left) touches up Ryan Pinkston's hair on the set of "Revenge of the Nerds" on Friday.

-------------

I think the Frodo Lives t-shirt is dead funny, though. I want one! smile

-TeeJay

#99 21 Oct 06 :: 20:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Gee, can't wait for all the IMDb bitching to start from Morris Brown students.  As if it wasn't already weird enough for them to shoot at an all girls school.  Now they're gonna shoot at a black college.  Wonder what that'll be like?  Maybe they'll be using the football field there.  I wish I knew when they were gonna shoot at Inman Park.  I could get there easily.  And it's not very big, so they'd be easy to find.  Druid Hills is a pretty big area.  They must be shooting at someone's house or something.  It's a beautiful, overy old area.  I'm not sure where or what Kirkwood is.  Maybe I'll catch up with them at some point.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#100 21 Oct 06 :: 20:37

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, crossing my fingers that you'll get another chance, Deb. That would just be awesome. Plus Dave might get to meet Chris too. smile (But maybe no touching in this case either... LOL)

-TeeJay

Board footer