#101 15 Jul 07 :: 11:29

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Re: "... like without too much singing." ::: Our Music Thread

Yeah, there's really not that much variety in radio stations in New Zealand, there's a couple of what you'd call top 40 stations, one of which is the one that I predominently listen to. There's a rock station, which is okay, some of the time, an rap and r'n'b station which I detest, and a couple of stations with older songs mixed in with a few of the new ones, I listen to one of them some of time, actually a year I go it was pretty much the only station I listened to but then I went back to top 40. Then of course you have AM radio which is basically newstalk talkback stations and your religious orientated stations, neither of which I listen to. And on every station, there's lots of ads, like 10minutes + an hour.

There's not much to choose from, which is why iTunes is so appealing, songs I like and no ads, OMG, dream come true. wink

tesig1.jpg

#102 15 Jul 07 :: 14:45

shoothoops22

I also listen to SIRUS jams which has hip hop and rap one it sometimes and I also listen to SIRUS New Country and thats about it.

The G song haha

#103 15 Jul 07 :: 16:44

deedee

i guess i am totally spoiled with my radio stations.. theres like nine huge ones here in ottawa

#104 15 Jul 07 :: 18:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just rediscovered my 3 Doors Down albums. Haven't listened to that stuff in months. *headbang*

I hugged the Seeker!

#105 15 Jul 07 :: 19:19

shoothoops22

All the local stations up in my area arent any good.

The G song haha

#106 05 Aug 07 :: 13:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If you feel like getting a bit of a summer feeling, I've got some reggae-inspired music for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_QkOTHp6c

It's a German band called "Culcha Candela". Well, the band members aren't originally German, I think. They live in Berlin, as far as I know. But their songs are partly in English, Spanish and German. Listening to their songs always makes me wanna get up and swing to the rhythm. tongue Also check out the song "In Da City", I like that one a lot too.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#107 06 Aug 07 :: 06:34

LizzylovesChris8

I'm a HUGE Jonas Brothers Fan and I'm really into their songs SOS and Hold On. I also like Linkin Park, Black Eyed Peas, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, 2Pac, and Eminem but remember I just turned 13 so you guys probably don't like the Jonas Brothers or anything like that. Eww.. but I can't stand country music. There's just something about it that I hate......... hmm

Whoohoo.jpg
ChRiS MaRqUeTtE AnD LiZzY

#108 06 Aug 07 :: 09:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I love Linkin Park and Panic! At The Disco too. Not so much the other bands you named. Don't even know what or who Jonas Brothers is...... :embarrassed:

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#109 27 Sep 07 :: 00:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

If you wanna listen to pop and rock songs interpreted differently, check this out. I love it, even though I can't listen to it all the time.

http://www.scalachor.de
and
http://www.kolacny.com/en/index.htm

-TeeJay

#110 27 Sep 07 :: 18:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Interesting. I like it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#111 04 Oct 07 :: 01:52

shoothoops22

I listen to the Jonas Brothers a lot. I'm going to their concert on december 12.

Last edited by shoothoops22 (04 Oct 07 :: 01:53)

The G song haha

#112 04 Oct 07 :: 18:34

magicalturkey
Website

I might have to go with my niece to see Hannah Montana.  I can hardly contain my excitment roll

LifeSucks.jpg

#113 04 Oct 07 :: 18:35

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I am currently hooked on that song from the Ipod video commercial. I just can't get it out of my head.
Oh, Tina, unfortunately the version you found is not the version I am looking for, but that's okay, I can watch and listen to it on youtube for now.

I hugged the Seeker!

#114 04 Oct 07 :: 18:42

magicalturkey
Website

I just realized I never did my music list.  Those of you who have seen my myspace might know this but here it goes...

Rap and hip hop, I can't stand.  Most of the songs have stupid and repetitive lyrics and they're overplayed on radio stations here.  And there are no good radio stations here, so unless I'm in school and someone has the radio on I don't listen to it.   Country I can live with as long as it isn't twangy.

I live on my iPod... I have everything from The Beatles to Avenged Sevenfold on there.   I love bands very few people have heard of, like Daphne Loves Derby and Making April.

LifeSucks.jpg

#115 04 Oct 07 :: 19:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I heard the iPod song on Ethel on the way in to work this morning.  And I actually didn't change the channel.  It annoys me on TV, but on the radio, it was kind of cute.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#116 06 Oct 07 :: 01:44

shoothoops22

I dont like hannah montana. And my ipod died so I have to get a new one.

The G song haha

#117 28 Nov 07 :: 00:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just made myself another early x-mas present. I ordered the Evanescence CD + DVD "Anywhere But Home". Hope it's good. It was cheap-ish too, €13 including shipping. I once saw a live performance on TV and I really liked it. I have their other CDs too and I love them, so I don't think I can go very wrong here with this purchase.

And then I also found out Santana has another single out that features Chad Kroeger. It's a little too Pop for me to really get excited over it, but I'll listen to anything with Chad Kroeger's voice in it.

-TeeJay

#118 28 Nov 07 :: 06:03

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I have that Evanescence cd. Its really good!! wink

#119 28 Nov 07 :: 23:47

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sounds cool, Tina. I'll look out for that stuff too. The last CD I purchased was the new James Blunt Album and I looooove it.
Oh, and last night one the ear phones of my mp3player broke, so I have to buy new ones. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#120 28 Nov 07 :: 23:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

But they're not really expensive, right? I think you can get decent Sony or Panasonic ones for, like, 10 bucks...

-TeeJay

#121 28 Nov 07 :: 23:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

It's not about the money, it's just the fact that I have to buy new ones every ... six months or so. I don't know what's happening to them, I just plug them into my ears! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#122 29 Nov 07 :: 00:13

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's like me with brake pads!  At least headphones are way cheaper.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#123 05 Dec 07 :: 20:05

magicalturkey
Website

I'm sitting in the computer lab of school and one person is playing rap and someone else is playing disco... very interesting mix roll

For some reason, I really want to plug my iPod in so I can get into a shreak-off with the guy playing The BeeGees.

LifeSucks.jpg

#124 05 Dec 07 :: 20:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

A "shreak-off"?  Sounds kinky.  I'm in.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#125 06 Dec 07 :: 04:13

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Good one Deb.  lol

Board footer