#226 20 Aug 07 :: 20:53

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Road Trippin'

Wow, great pictures, Laura! They make me wanna go there too.
I guess the blue water's Carribean and the grey/brown/whatever water's American? big_smile
Hey, those towel animals are funny. Same thing actually happened to my parents when they were on vacation in spain. They did form snakes from their towels, we have pictures of that. Hilarious. lol

I hugged the Seeker!

#227 20 Aug 07 :: 21:07

magicalturkey
Website

Yep... as soon as we saw the water change from blue to brown everyone on the boat got depressed,  pulling into the dock was pretty smelly too.  You go from clean, clear, dry air to smoggy, rainy, smelly air.

If you get a chance I highly recommend Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.  That's what I loved most.  Don't go to Samana unless you have someone with a gun follow you... I really am serious.

There was actually a different towel animal every night, I missed taking pictures of a couple.  I wasn't going to post all the animals but here they are anyway, it's obvious what all these are...

100_0229.jpg
100_0358.jpg
100_0443.jpg
100_0511.jpg
100_0554.jpg

Last edited by magicalturkey (20 Aug 07 :: 21:09)

LifeSucks.jpg

#228 20 Aug 07 :: 21:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Haha, those are funny! Let me see if I can find my dad's pictures tomorrow (it's already late here, I have to go to sleep soon). The room guys did also fold their pajamas, taht was pretty funny too. My parents's friends, who were with them on vacation did not like all the folding, so they began to hide their pajamas. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#229 20 Aug 07 :: 23:06

magicalturkey
Website

TeeJay wrote:

No idea what the towel guy is supposed to be. From the front it looks like a polar bear with a huge nose who's cold.

I originally thought it was an old man... I really have no idea.

LifeSucks.jpg

#230 20 Aug 07 :: 23:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Great stuff, Laura!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#231 20 Aug 07 :: 23:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LOL! Those towel animals are really funny. Very creative too! Never been in a hotel where they folded my towels up as animals. Maybe they thought it was unprofessional or something....

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#232 21 Aug 07 :: 00:01

OhGnarly

Awesome pictures! The towel animals are hilarious. Looks like you had a really great time. I must go one day smile

#233 21 Aug 07 :: 04:15

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I like the runny babbit best.  big_smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#234 21 Aug 07 :: 04:19

magicalturkey
Website

:rofl:

At first I thought that was a dog, then a pig... but what's a runny babbit? tongue

LifeSucks.jpg

#235 21 Aug 07 :: 04:40

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

A bunny rabbit, silly.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#236 21 Aug 07 :: 07:15

OhGnarly

Off to New York City in the morning. I'll be back late Thursday night, but I'm leaving for Arizona Friday evening. So in case I can't get online while I'm away (doubtful), I'll talk to you guys when I get home!

#237 21 Aug 07 :: 14:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Everyone's going away for their birthday. smile Hope you have a great trip, Brenna!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#238 21 Aug 07 :: 15:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Have fun Brenna.  We'll miss you!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#239 21 Aug 07 :: 19:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

New York City, I am soooo jealous. I wanna go there too! Take lots of pictures please!

I hugged the Seeker!

#240 21 Aug 07 :: 19:11

magicalturkey
Website

You just want to go everywhere, don't you, Anne? tongue

Have fun, Brenna

LifeSucks.jpg

#241 21 Aug 07 :: 19:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I wanna be a world traveller! big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#242 23 Aug 07 :: 05:00

OhGnarly

I'll be home tomorrow night for all of 24 hours, lol. It's been great though. I really only came to see Spring Awakening, a Broadway show, which was a birthday present. It was friggin' awesome, I must say. I'm already trying to figure out how to come back and see it again in a few months. We did some other things today, though, and we're here for most of tomorrow. It's lots of walking around and just looking at everything. We did the NBC tour today, which was pretty cool. Conan O'Brien's studio is really small! We watch him every night so it was quite strange being in there...

I've also got family here, so we visited with them a bit today. We did a lot of the tourist stuff when we were here in 2004, so we're kind of bypassing it this time. Plus, we're not here for long. I think tomorrow we're going to see a museum exhibit called Bodies where they show you real cadavers all hacked up into pieces. Blech. It definitely wasn't my decision to go, lol.

#243 23 Aug 07 :: 05:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Bodies.  Cool.  I'm afraid of it, but TeeJay referenced it in Butterflies.  She'd probably enjoy it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#244 23 Aug 07 :: 05:50

OhGnarly

Everyone I know who has seen it raves, but it just doesn't sound like it would fascinate me. I had no problem learning about the human body in high school biology, but seeing it in front of my face is totally different. Ah well, who knows...I might like it.

#245 23 Aug 07 :: 09:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I was absolutely fascinated by the Bodies exhibition. It stirred up a lot of controversy when it first came to Germany. Some of it is a little... morbid. But then these people voluntarily signed their bodies into this guy's hands, wanting to be made exhibition pieces. I studied biology at uni, I even once went to a dissection course with a med student and watched them take apart an old lady. It was weird at first, but I was never disgusted. Still, I can see how it might not be for everyone. I hope you at least find it interesting, Brenna.

-TeeJay

#246 23 Aug 07 :: 19:14

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I don't know if I would really go, but I heard it's a very interesting exibition.

I hugged the Seeker!

#247 24 Aug 07 :: 01:42

OhGnarly

It was definitely interesting - we all learned a lot. It was kind of overwhelming though, I was left feeling like I needed to go through it again to process it all. I'm a little on the squeamish side, so I was a little light-headed walking through it all. Really neat exhibit, though.

#248 24 Aug 07 :: 18:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Did you see all the gory stuff too?

I hugged the Seeker!

#249 24 Aug 07 :: 21:41

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

So I'm off to visit Deb tomorrow morning. I'll be back with ya when I'm at Deb's place, so see you then!

-TeeJay

#250 24 Aug 07 :: 22:26

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Have a safe flight!

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer