#26 22 Oct 06 :: 23:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: If Chris Could Play Any Role...

Chris probably didn't audition for ER.  They probably just called his agent and asked if he might be available for it.  They know him over there.  In fact, he probably doesn't have to audition too much at all anymore.  He's got a pretty heavy reputation in the TV game after all these years.  It sounded to me like he decided not to do it because he had a very precious whole month off and he didn't want to give it up.  Which I cannot blame him at all for.

I don't think anyone was asking you to write something TeeJay.  All I said was that you might like to read the Adam/George fic Shrams is writing.  I certainly do.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#27 23 Oct 06 :: 00:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, I'd LOVE to read that Adam/George thing. Shari was asking if anyone wanted to write it. I was just saying I wouldn't have time for it.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#28 23 Oct 06 :: 00:52

shrams

Yeah, I was hoping someone else might want to write it.  I'm still working on this ridiculously long project.  It's currently 290,000+ words, and still going.  I've been working on it almost every day for a year and I'm getting sick of it, but I have to finish it.  Maybe I can post part of it.  There was a big scene (actually it went on for a few chapters) with Adam, George, and their two roommates having a Star Wars marathon.  I think it was before I knew Chris would be in Fanboys.  I'll take another look and see if it will make sense, out of context of the rest of the story.  The boys are currently in the midst of a Matrix marathon, but I don't think I have the patience to detail their upcoming LoTR marathon, with the extended editions and all the extras.  Hey, they're all 17-26, so they have a hell of a lot more energy than I do.  big_smile  The story involves seven of Cillian Murphy's movies, plus a few characters from different TV shows.  If you're saying, "Who the heck is Cillian Murphy?" he was in Red Eye, Batman Begins, Breakfast on Pluto, 28 Days Later, On the Edge, Disco Pigs, and will be in a movie coming out in March called Sunshine.  He's been in a lot of other movies as well, but those are the main ones most people might know.

Once this project is finished, I'm going to need to rewrite some chapters in the middle and do some editing.  I've found lots of little errors and some typos, but haven't had time to correct them yet.  It's hard to do something this size without a beta reader or editor, but the one I had tried to take over the story, removing entire scenes and substituting a lot of her own scenes, and adding details that had personal significance to her but wouldn't to anyone else, so I'm back to doing it all on my own.  Damn, I hope I can finish it soon so I can get on with my life.  lol

Last edited by shrams (23 Oct 06 :: 00:59)

#29 23 Oct 06 :: 01:05

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, Shari, I totally know what you mean. Deb's and my story Butterflies had taken over my life for a while. And now, with the website to take care of (which I also work on almost every day, time allowing), it's like I don't even have time to catch up with my real life friends anymore. Which is kinda sad, but there is no way I'm gonna give up my little obsession here. And I really hope I can delve back into Butterflies fully at some point. Right now I wanna finish my latest chapter, November. (Deb, keep nagging!)

Need to go to bed now!

PS: Know Cillian Murphy from Red Eye. He was so creepy, I loved to hate him.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#30 23 Oct 06 :: 01:13

shrams

Heh, yeah, Cillian was very creepy in Red Eye.  The story starts up about 18 months after Red Eye ends, and Jackson Rippner plays a huge part in this story.  I've tried to make him a bit more sympathetic, with some hopefully believable reasons to explain that, but he's really not a very nice guy to begin with.

If you watch Breakfast on Pluto, you'll swear it can't possibly be the same actor, he's that good.

#31 23 Oct 06 :: 01:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Shrams, you've got one hell of an imagination to be able to fit all those diverse characters together.  Sorry I misread what you said about the Adam/George thing.  Must be this teeny tiny resolution SOMEONE left me with on my PC.  I tried going back to the old resolution but I can't stand it now.  Still, the font on this screen is so tiny, I really have to look closely.  Oh well, damn, I thought I was gonna have a fun Grey's/Joan crossover to read.  I've never really been much for crossovers because I haven't read any that really worked.  I mean, I don't mind if the shows are interrelated.  I wrote a couple of Angel S3/Buffy S6 crossovers.  But that doesn't really count.

BTW, TeeJay created a little American Gun something-something today that you might wanna read.  It's something both of us have talked about doing for a long time and our discussion here on the AG board seems to have inspired one of her infamous scene flashes.  I'm gonna edit it a little tonight but we already worked on it over YM so it's almost there.  I guess she'll post it somewhere when it's ready.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#32 23 Oct 06 :: 03:14

shrams

The AG thing sounds like fun.  Maybe I'll write the Joan/Grey's crossover sometime, maybe to take a break on the other project.

I just got a Mac, which I vastly prefer to my PC, but I have to go to View and Make Text Larger to read this board!  Otherwise the font is just too small to read comfortably.

#33 23 Oct 06 :: 04:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the font is too small!  Wonder if we could make it one point higher at least. Teejay, is that possible?

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#34 23 Oct 06 :: 05:23

shrams

Speaking of readability, I don't know if this is a problem for anyonoe but me.  The webpage looks great, and I really like the colors, but there isn't enough contrast between the dark green/teal/whatever the dark shade is, and the black print, so it's hard to see if there's another page to the thread, etc.  Maybe it's just my weird vision, but I have a lot of trouble viewing web pages because sometimes what looks really pretty (and is easily readable) to some, is just a blur to me.  The black-on-grey for the text is fine, and the black-on-light green.  If I'm the only one who has a problem with that, I'll just look and see if there's a way I can adjust the colors on my screen or somethiing.

#35 23 Oct 06 :: 22:54

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I changed the whole color theme for the forum today and increased the font size. Is this better, everyone? Hope you can get used to it. But please, for further discussion of this, take it to the Room For Improvement section in this thread:
http://www.chris-marquette.com/forum/vi … php?id=100

Thanks! We don't wanna clutter this lovely thread with technobabble, do we? smile

-TeeJay

#36 26 Oct 06 :: 22:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's one more I would have loved to see Chris in:

Chris instead of Edward Furlong as Danny Vinyard in American History X. I'm sure he would have rocked the house. Just like Edward did. Like both Edwards did. (I love Ed Norton too, he's such a talented and powerful actor as well.) And it would have been such an interesting role to see him play. I hope he gets to do something as powerful as that one day.

I'd love to tell you more on my thoughts about the movie, but this needs to settle first (I just finished watching it for the very first time). It was very powerful. I did cry at the end, but that's no big surprise. Not a lot though. Sure didn't expect the movie to end like that. I was sure this was gonna happen, I just thought it would be Derek and not Danny. Such a tragic ending. Ties right in with American Gun, somehow, doesn't it?

-TeeJay

#37 27 Oct 06 :: 01:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Only problem with Chris playing Danny is the shaved head.  I know it sounds shallow but I hope he never shaves his head.  But yeah, it is a very powerful movie.  Not exactly a pleasant one to watch in some places, but great performances.  Ed Norton's amazing.  The very best thing in the entire movie, for me, is the rage and humor in his eyes when the cops draw down on him after he commits a horrific assault at the beginning of the movie.  This is a really great character, Derek.  I'd never seen anyone onscreen like him when I saw this movie in the theatre back when it came out.  A few years later, Ryan Gosling turned in an equally amazing, textured, brilliant performance in the similarly-themed, The Believer.  If you like American Histry X, you should definitely check out The Believer.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#38 27 Oct 06 :: 09:31

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Well, I'm a sap for a chick flick, and I know Chris has the talent to do so much more than chick flicks. But I'd be eternally happy if he could squeeze one into his schedule. Besides, a nice dramatic rom com would be nice variety for him smile
So now you know my secret, I'm dying to see him in a rom com. big_smile

I don't have any specific roles in mind. I also think a dramatic disaster movie, though, done right. Disaster movies can be so bland and predictable. Still... something different from anything he's done.

Oh, and I don't know if I even need to add this, but I'm meaning a lead role in both. wink

Last edited by Susanna (27 Oct 06 :: 09:32)

tesig1.jpg

#39 27 Oct 06 :: 12:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

Only problem with Chris playing Danny is the shaved head.

If he had to do it for a role where it fits (like it would have in American History X), I could totally live with it. I know I wouldn't love it, but, hey, come on! Hair grows back! At least when you're Chris's age. wink He'd have that beautiful dark brown hair back in no time. I would totally trade in his hair for seeing him in an intense role like Danny Vinyard.

Romantic comedy, huh, Susanna? If it's well done and not cheesy and predictable, yeah, that'd be great. But rom coms aren't my all time favorite genre. Although they'd be way up the list in comparison to silly comedies like Just Friends. If that "My Tutor" remake hadn't fallen through, we might just have seen him in a romantic comedy. And what about Calvin? Might that not be something along those lines? And he *would* play the lead.

Disaster movies? Hm... that would be a no. I mean, yes, I did watch War Of The Worlds and some other disaster movies in the past, and I would watch anything with Chris in it at least once, but I think I'm slowly growing tired of those. It would have to be darn innovative and have an intense twist for me to really grow attached to it. What I would really love is something I can't even describe. Because it would have to be something that we've not seen before, something that would make both viewers and critics gape. I'm thinking along the lines of The Sixth Sense or Memento or maybe even The Matrix. Just something that is different and unique and special, preferably with a twist. Doesn't have to be limited to a genre for me.

-TeeJay

#40 27 Oct 06 :: 17:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I agree with Tina, I like rom com's a lot, but not if they are too cheesy and pretictable. But I also like a lot of other genres. The thing with Disaster movies is, I don't like watching disaster movies if they are too violent or if they have unrealistic things. Sometimes I watch disaster movies who tell stories from previous real disasters, but not too many of them.

About the bold head - that would be my no. LOL Sorry, but I love the hair too much. big_smile It also reminds me of the time when my friend Jörg had leukemia. He always had very long hair and when I saw him for the first time after his chemo therapy I was so shocked because his hair was gone.  But maybe I will overcome this feeling in a few years and then it might be interesting to see Chris without hair. I just can't say it right now.

I hugged the Seeker!

#41 27 Oct 06 :: 17:49

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No shaved heads!

But a definite YES to the rom com --- if they can write one without a supernatural element.  I mean, for God's sake, what's the last rom com you can name that had nothing supernatural going on?  Or where one or the other of the partners didn't die in the end?  Can't think of one?  Neither can I.  hmm

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#42 27 Oct 06 :: 18:04

shrams

It would be nice to see him in some kind of action movie, as an unexpected/unlikely hero, the only guy who will actually to do something, or has some necessary skill that's needed.

I definitely want to see Chris and Alyson Hannigan in a movie together.  Romantic comedies are not usually my thing, but a rom com with the two of them?  I'd definitely pay good money for that!  (Not the idiotic kind of rom com, but the good kind.  A few do exist.  Ooooohhhh, I've got it:  A remake of "Truly, Madly, Deeply."  Yes.  I'm another one with a major hair fetish, so the shaved-head look would not be something I'd want to see, no matter how good the movie or role.  It would be too deeply disturbing.  lol

Heh, the last post came in as I was typing this.  I prefer a supernatural element.  I can't think, offhand, of any rom com I've liked that didn't have that element.

Last edited by shrams (27 Oct 06 :: 18:06)

#43 27 Oct 06 :: 18:47

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I miss the old days when rom coms were about banter and chemistry instead of ghosts and time jumping and whatever else you can think of.  Call me old fashioned.  It's like writers don't trust the strength of their own work anymore.  Nary a rom com gets released these days that doesn't have some mumbo-jumbo going on.  I mean, heck, even Adam and Joan have the whole God thing going on, so they don't even qualify.  And that's not counting the fact that they're rarely funny.

Chris and Aly.  Ooooh, that could stir up some very intersting dreams for me.  And I'd better shut up right now.  tongue

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#44 27 Oct 06 :: 19:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Hmmmm ... that just gave me an idea. I think I'd rather say Chris playing the guy from that Time Traveller's Wife movie. I mean, I read the book. They casted Brad Pitt as Henry but I don't think that he's the right one for Henry. Okay, Chris may be a little young for that role, but maybe John Cusack could  play the older Henry. LOL big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#45 29 Oct 06 :: 01:57

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

It came to me last night. My ultimate Chris role.

My favourite book series Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden would make great movie/s. Of course, the movie would have to be done properly, and keep the integrity of the books, but seeing as this is something I've been wanting to see for ages, I can't think of anyone better than Chris to play one of the main characters.

The book is set in Australia which is invaded by another country, and eight 17-18yr olds are some of the few people who weren't captured straight away. So they launch guerilla warfare to help fight for their country. Bear in mind, that isn't a very good explanation, I'm just trying to give you some idea without launching into an essay about it. The books have it all, action, drama and romance in an completely un-corny and very real way.

The role I have in mind for Chris is Homer, he's 'neighbour' and best friend to the main character, Ellie, and before the war, most people had him written off as a goofball. But through the war, you see what an incredible and strong guy he is.

I would die happy if this came true. Realistically, I know the odds are slim, but that won't stop me from dreaming.

tesig1.jpg

#46 29 Oct 06 :: 03:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I think I'm gonna stick with Young Spock in Star Trek: The Academy Years.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#47 12 Jan 07 :: 22:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh my, here's another role I would have liked to see Chris in: Shane Casey in CSI:NY, episodes "Hung Out To Dry" and "Raising Shane". The role was played by Edward Furlong, but I'm sure Chris would have rocked in it too. Well, maybe Chris would have been a little too young. Edward is 29 years old, and he did a great job, no doubt.

Talk about going older and darker. Man, I would have loved that. It would have been our ultimate bad guy role. But Chris'll get his chance some day.

-TeeJay

#48 12 Jan 07 :: 23:03

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

This is funny, I am currently watching CSI:NY too, and I thought about Chris in a role there too. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#49 12 Jan 07 :: 23:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Which one?

-TeeJay

#50 18 Jan 07 :: 00:00

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, this is not exactly about a role, but I found a video online from the auditions for Numb3rs and since I am a big fan of that show I started to watch it. Currently I am watching David Krumholtz doing his first audition for Numb3rs. And then a thought came to my mind: I want something like this with Chris sometime. I would die to watch his audition for JoA and AG. And TTC. And Huff. Ok, I'll stop now. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer