#51 02 Jan 08 :: 21:49

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Twilight (contains spoilers for all books and the movies)

LOL!  I was showing my birthday present off to a couple of co-workers and one of them, Val, who has a teen daughter said Chris reminded her of a character in these books Sara reads that she has also read.  Turned out to be Twilight.  She was shocked when I guessed that correctly.  She said Chris should play Edward.  That the guy they chose is not nearly as cute as him.  I laughed and told her about all the conversations you guys have had here about this movie and its casting.  Just thought you'd get a giggle out of the fact that a mom thinks that!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#52 02 Jan 08 :: 22:12

magicalturkey
Website

Haha, that's great.  Teenage girls are the main audience for Twilight, but it's really a book for women of all ages who have a thing for vampires and fantasy and romance and all that good stuff.  My mom bought me the third book for my birthday, the woman at the book store asked her how she liked the others... she said her daughter loved them, then the sales lady said my mom has to read them too.  Which... she hasn't.  My fangirlness about it freaks her out.

LifeSucks.jpg

#53 03 Jan 08 :: 08:02

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's cool, Deb.

#54 19 Jan 08 :: 19:05

magicalturkey
Website

I did some digging around, and I found some stuff out about the movie.

Notes on casting:  most of the cast has been chosen, but the names won't be released until the movie begins filming.  In late February.   The only character that hasn't been cast (that the public knows about, at least) is Jacob.  There's an open casting call today for him.  When Jacob gets cast, he'll possibly be the last one released to the public prior to filming.   Or they could hide that from us too.

Rating: the movie will be rated PG-13, the only way Stephenie Meyer agreed to change her books into movie was if they kept the rating at PG-13.

LifeSucks.jpg

#55 19 Jan 08 :: 23:17

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's cool.

#56 19 Jan 08 :: 23:31

OhGnarly

I'm pretty happy with the cast they've chosen so far. I know lots of fans were really pushing for Emily Browning to be cast as Bella, but I think Kristen Stewart will pull it off. And Robert was a really good choice for Edward, if you ask me. I just hope they get Jacob right, as he's one of my favorite characters.

#57 19 Jan 08 :: 23:40

magicalturkey
Website

I hope they get Jacob right too.  They aren't limited to "real" actors for him, so some kid who is Jacob can walk in off the street and stun with his unspoiled talent.

LifeSucks.jpg

#58 22 Jan 08 :: 19:59

herrommance
Website

I would still really like to see Tyler Posey as Jakob

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#59 23 Jan 08 :: 05:21

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

herrommance wrote:

I would still really like to see Tyler Posey as Jakob

He would make a great Jacob!

#60 23 Jan 08 :: 20:08

herrommance
Website

def and he is a cutie

"Nobody calls Han Solo a dirtbag!"

#61 24 Jan 08 :: 04:23

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Lol, yup!

#62 11 Feb 08 :: 21:07

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Laura, did you hear that Michael Welch was just cast as Mike in Twilight? smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#63 11 Feb 08 :: 21:11

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Cool!

(Sorry for the one-word post.  Er, the seven-word.  Aww, forget it...:embarrassed:)

wink

#64 11 Feb 08 :: 21:57

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's great for MIchael.  Should be a very popular movie.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#65 11 Feb 08 :: 22:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Absolutely. Larry posted something about it on MySpace. Apparently the movie's not even gone into production and the IMDb message board already has more than 50,000 posts.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#66 11 Feb 08 :: 22:38

magicalturkey
Website

Really?   That's interesting because it's not on Stephenie Meyer's website, the Twilight website, or the Summit website.   I believe that it's true, because Michael will be perfect for the part.  I don't think the cast (other than Bella and Edward, maybe Jacob) was supposed to be released to the public until at least production begins.   Wonder how Larry got a hold of the information.

Michael will probably have a very small part, which is sad.   Here's a bit about Mike from Wikipedia:

A classmate of Bella's, he consistently has a crush on Bella throughout the series, but is more interested in Bella as a pretty girl than Bella as a person. He dated Jessica Stanley for roughly half of Twilight, but the two broke up between Twilight and New Moon. Mike works with Bella at his dad's store (Newton's Outfitters) selling camping/hiking/outdoor gear, and is one of the only people at Forks High relieved to see Bella come out of her "zombie" state. He is described to have a "baby face", pale blonde hair, blue eyes, and has attempted to copy Edward's style in order to get Bella's attention. He has a huge crush on her and would love to go to the dance with her. However, Bella has expressed to Mike that she prefers Edward.

Before Edward came along, Mike was also like a puppy.  He followed Bella around everywhere, carried her books for her... some people might find him annoying wink

Last edited by magicalturkey (11 Feb 08 :: 22:39)

LifeSucks.jpg

#67 11 Feb 08 :: 22:49

magicalturkey
Website

There's a lot of news out there I missed out on.  Obviously, keeping track of Stephenie Meyer's website doesn't work.

They've also cast Anna Kendrick as Jessica Stanley and Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie.  And... Cam Gigandet as James :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

LifeSucks.jpg

#68 11 Feb 08 :: 22:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Larry knows Michael and his family personally, they're friends. I'm guessing that's how he got the info. And it can't be secret, otherwise he wouldn't bulletin about it on MySpace. I believe the info about Michael hasn't been made public otherwise. Yet.

Here's what Larry posted:

Hi friends,

In all my years following the film industry I've seen very few with the advance buzz of this one. Twilight has been so highly anticipated that its IMDb message board already has about 50,000 posts and it's still being cast!

The film about a high school girl (Bella Swan) who falls in love with a teenage vampire (Edward Cullen), based on the first of a series of popular novels by Stephanie Meyer, is scheduled to begin filming this month with a projected release date of December 12. Summit Entertainment is distributing.

Casting announcements have trickled out slowly, with each one intensely scrutinized by the fans at a number of sites around the web.

Names released prior to today are:

Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan
Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen
Anna Kendrick as Jessica Stanley
Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie
Cam Gigandet as James

Today I learned that Michael Welch has been cast in the role of Mike, one of the first friends that Bella makes when she arrives at her new school. The information was published in the print edition of The Hollywood Reporter. His name should be familiar to readers of my blog. Michael starred in several of my favorite films of 2006 and 2007: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, An American Crime, and Lost Dream.

I attended the World Premiere of All the Boys Love Mandy Lane at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival, after which I chose it as one of my Top Picks, as well as at the 2007 SXSW Film Festival. After a change of distributors and several release dates, the film is due to be released in 1000+ theaters on May 9. Senator International is distributing.

An American Crime had its World Premiere at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival. The film, starring Oscar nominee Ellen Page (Juno), was one of my Top Picks from that festival. Writer/director Tommy O'Haver says that a deal is imminent with a projected May release.

Lost Dream is still in the post-production process but I was privileged to attend a screening of an early cut last summer.

An American Son just premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival. Day of the Dead is awaiting release, as is The Beautiful Ordinary. He's just completed filming on The Thacker Case.

Michael has both an official site at www.michaelwelchonline.com as well as an official MySpace at www.myspace.com/officialmichaelwelch.

And, uh, I guess he got the info from the Hollywood Reporter. wink

-TeeJay

#69 11 Feb 08 :: 22:54

magicalturkey
Website

It's public.  All over Wikipedia.   Apparently getting emailed updates to Stephenie Meyer's website and myspace doesn't keep you ahead of the game anymore.

LifeSucks.jpg

#70 12 Feb 08 :: 03:17

OhGnarly

Woo! Go Michael! It's too bad Mike has a only a small part in the stories, but he'll do the role justice for sure.

#71 12 Feb 08 :: 03:32

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Yeah, but it's great that these will probably be a series of movies.  So it'll be highly visible for a relatively small role.

#72 12 Feb 08 :: 04:20

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I can't wait to see him in Twilight. He's such a great actor!!!

#73 12 Feb 08 :: 20:39

larry-411

Sorry guys, things got crazy yesterday real fast. :witsend:

Here is the short version of what happened.

I first announced it here on IMDb:
http://imdb.com/title/tt1099212/board/thread/97385864

Of course, within hours that thread had over 50 posts, someone had sent it to Twilight Lexicon, they posted it, it got hundreds of replies there, other people saw it there and came back to "announce" it on IMDb (in the same board where my post already was lol) and within a few hours there were hundreds of posts and dozens of threads on the Twilight board all "announcing" what had been posted hours before. It was crazy.

Meanwhile, it started getting picked up by other sites either from my original post or the others, with a sort of full circle thing going on where people would say "it's on this site so must be true" even though that site was only quoting another one. It was kind of funny, actually. It started appearing on other Twilight sites and people's LiveJournals, all basically using the others as sources. After awhile most people never noticed the original post and just referenced sites which referenced sites which got it from there earlier in the day. Sort of like a game of telephone where nobody knew where it came from but they knew it was out there.

A few hours after I announced it on IMDb, I wrote this article:
http://www.pronetworks.org/forum/story101293.html
I also C&P'd it and sent it out as a bulletin on my MySpace (the one you quoted above). That started getting spread around as well.

That post has over 1300 hits after one day, by the way. yikes

By the end of the day it had been sent all over, posted on Wikipedia, etc. and started showing up at so many sites and boards with so many threads and replies that I couldn't keep track anymore.

#74 19 Feb 08 :: 14:39

magicalturkey
Website

Here's a picture of the entire Cullen clan that has been cast.   

movie_cullens1.jpg

The Cullens for the movie are: Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Ashley Greene as Alice and Kellan Lutz as Emmett.

LifeSucks.jpg

#75 20 Feb 08 :: 05:34

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's awesome!!

Board footer