#376 15 Mar 08 :: 21:27

irina

Re: Road Trippin'

i will tell you about romania as soon as i go home.
tine you are totally right about bucharest. it is pretty awful. i don't like it at all.

munich is really expensive yikes i don't understand why. it is not so wonderful. i mean it's nice and it's clean and it has some nice gardens. but when i get the bill at the restaurant i feel like fainting. yikes

#377 15 Mar 08 :: 21:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Eating out is generally very expensive in Germany. Ever since they introduced the Euro even more so. One Euro used to be approximately two DM back then when they changed the currency. And when they switched to EUR, it was like every restaurant kept the DM prices but switched them to EUR, making everything actually twice as expensive as it was before. But the thing is: People pay that kinda money to eat out. Well, it's not like they have a choice, is it?

Nowadays you can't go to a decent restaurant (and I'm not talking about fast food places) and get something decent for under 10 EUR (~$16), at least not in the big cities. We're currently trying to find a new restaurant for our Trek-Dinner, and I'm telling you, you can't find anything decent that will fit 10 - 20 people and still offer at least five main courses that are below 10 EUR. It's crazy. And it's one of the reasons why I never eat out when I'm on my own.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#378 16 Mar 08 :: 02:42

irina

in romania everything got a lot more expensive after we joined the european comunity. but the problem is the cost is the only thing that change, the services are still the same, which is pretty bad.
constanta is my home so i like it because of that. but if you are a foreigner it's not really worth visiting.
the cities i would recomaned from romania are sibiu and brasov. sibiu is really great. it benefited a lot from being the european cultural this year.
romania has great places when it comes to nature. but unfortunately like tina said the infrastructure still sucks big time.

i am going to goteburg monday morning. i am really curious. i heard that is also very expensive.:(

tina, i always wanted to see ireland and scotland and after what you said i feel even more i really have to manage a way to visit them sometime.

kisses everybody smile

Last edited by irina (16 Mar 08 :: 02:43)

#379 16 Mar 08 :: 04:02

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Hoops, what do your folks do?  Is that how you travel so much?  For their work?

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#380 16 Mar 08 :: 09:15

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

shoothoops22 wrote:

I have been to france 3 times. I have been to spain about 5, I have been to Italy twice. And Ive been to japan,china, mexico,brazil and all of the united states. Ive been to almost all of the carribean islands except for cuba.

You've been to more places than anyone practically. How come you travel so much? Your really lucky!

#381 16 Mar 08 :: 21:27

irina

deb, were you asking me why i travel?
i just do it in my spare time. it's what i love most doing. and it's what i consider worth spending money for.

#382 16 Mar 08 :: 22:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

No, Hoops.  She's very young to have been so many cool places.  Just wondering how one gets to be so lucky.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#383 24 Mar 08 :: 19:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Not exactly "road trippin'" since these photos were just taken 10 minutes from my place. I took a walk in the forest today. Kinda freaky for end of March, but it snowed overnight. The first snow I've seen falling here all winter.

ForestWalk_01.jpg

ForestWalk_02.jpg

ForestWalk_03.jpg

ForestWalk_04.jpg

ForestWalk_05.jpg

ForestWalk_06.jpg

ForestWalk_07.jpg

ForestWalk_08.jpg

ForestWalk_09.jpg

ForestWalk_10.jpg

ForestWalk_11.jpg

ForestWalk_12.jpg

ForestWalk_13.jpg

ForestWalk_14.jpg

ForestWalk_15.jpg

ForestWalk_16.jpg

ForestWalk_17.jpg

ForestWalk_18.jpg

ForestWalk_19.jpg

ForestWalk_20.jpg

ForestWalk_21.jpg

ForestWalk_22.jpg

ForestWalk_23.jpg

ForestWalk_24.jpg

ForestWalk_25.jpg

ForestWalk_26.jpg

ForestWalk_27.jpg

ForestWalk_28.jpg

ForestWalk_29.jpg

ForestWalk_30.jpg

ForestWalk_31.jpg

ForestWalk_32.jpg

ForestWalk_33.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#384 24 Mar 08 :: 20:05

justme
Supreme Dorquette

Those are beautiful!  I'm glad you finally got a little snow.

#385 24 Mar 08 :: 20:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Nice.  big_smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#386 24 Mar 08 :: 20:14

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Looks like the easter bunny lost one of its eggs in the woods. Or is that a stone? big_smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#387 24 Mar 08 :: 21:15

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I thought it looked like an egg, but it was actually a stone. Still, a neat, little coincidence. smile

-TeeJay

#388 25 Mar 08 :: 00:22

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, it does look like an egg.  Beautiful pictures.

LifeSucks.jpg

#389 25 Mar 08 :: 00:23

shoothoops22

My parents are divorced my dad is a professor at the eastern kentucky university. and my mom has to go to all of these places for work.

The G song haha

#390 25 Mar 08 :: 03:34

notsofairytale

Look at all those greens! What I would give to live in a greeny, spacious, yet beachy area!

Joan: "Wow. I always thought you'd hate me if I was a cheerleader."
Adam: "No way. Why?
Joan: "Because we're subdefectives and it'd be like deserting the army or something."
Adam: "Oh, no. I don't care if you're a cheerleader, subdefective, or whatever. I just like hanging out with you because.. you're Jane."

#391 25 Mar 08 :: 03:52

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Those pictures are beautiful. Wish I could've been there..

#392 25 Mar 08 :: 17:24

Donna

Beautiful pics. What kind of camera do you use?

#393 25 Mar 08 :: 18:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

A Canon compact digital camera. PowerShot A710 IS if you wanna know specifically. smile

-TeeJay

#394 25 Mar 08 :: 18:45

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, MY camera! tongue

(At least when I wired you the money. LOL)

I hugged the Seeker!

#395 25 Mar 08 :: 18:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I'll upgrade to the PowerShot A720 IS soon and Anne will get my "old" one. big_smile

-TeeJay

#396 25 Mar 08 :: 19:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I take all the stuff you don't use anymore. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#397 28 Mar 08 :: 02:07

irina

tina, the pictures are absolutly amazing!!! you are a great artist!!!! i would make lots of them wall papers!!!

#398 29 Mar 08 :: 18:20

shoothoops22

I'm going to Washington D.c on wednesday

The G song haha

#399 30 Mar 08 :: 04:05

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's really cool, hoops. I hope you have a great time!

#400 08 Apr 08 :: 07:49

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

People, I'm off to Belgium for a team-building business trip for the next three days. I will take my work laptop, and if there's free internet at the hotel, I might check in every now and then. But if you don't hear from me before Thu night, you'll know why.

(PS: Deb, Rove's in the shop right now too, btw. Looks like there's something not right with the soundcard and the guys at the store said I had to bring him in. I might not get him back before Fri or Sat. But then again, I'm away anyway. However, while Bosco's graphics card does support widescreen resolutions, things don't look as good on my flatpanel screen as they do with Rove.)

-TeeJay

Board footer