#251 05 Aug 08 :: 00:14

larry-411

Re: Twilight (contains spoilers for all books and the movies)

Yes, I saw. I was referring to your comment about "a pre-party at a bar...no wonder the presenters are drunk." That implies the "pre-party" was before the awards, but it wasn't. I was just pointing out that if presenters are drunk it's not because the pre-party was at a bar because the party was the night before, not before the show.

#252 13 Aug 08 :: 19:26

magicalturkey
Website

I looked at a bit of a leaked script and Mike's best line, arguably the best non-Edward/Bella line in the movie/book made it in big_smile.  "I don't like the way he looks at you.  Like you're something to eat."

LifeSucks.jpg

#253 16 Aug 08 :: 07:47

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT MOVES UP RELEASE DATE FOR
TWILIGHT TO NOVEMBER 21, 2008

Los Angeles, CA August 15, 2008 — TWILIGHT, the first film in Summit Entertainment's thriller romance franchise, has moved up its North American release date to Friday, November 21, 2008. The film, which was previously planned to be released on December, 12, 2008, is taking advantage of an opening in the upcoming fall release calendar. The new release date for TWILIGHT allows the studio to both bring the film to the written-series' enormous fan base sooner, and to present the film in more theatres prior to the holiday movie-going season where traditionally screen time for any popular film is limited.

"When Warner Bros. decided to move HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE to the summer of 2009, we saw a unique opportunity to slot in our film which has been gaining tremendous awareness and momentum over the past several months," said Rob Friedman, Co-Chairman and CEO of Summit Entertainment. "We by no means are trying to fill the shoes of the incredible POTTER franchise for 2008, rather we are just looking to bring the fans of Stephenie Meyer's incredible book series the film as soon possible from a programming perspective.
"

Starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in the thriller-romance based on Stephenie Meyer's publishing phenomenon, the film is directed by Catherine Hardwicke from a script by Melissa Rosenberg (STEP UP). Karen Rosenfelt (DEVIL WEARS PRADA), Greg Mooradian and Wyck Godfrey will produce along with Mark Morgan via his Maverick Films banner.

TWILIGHT tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan (Stewart) who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen (Pattinson), a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together...even when Edward confides that he and his family are vampires. Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when Edward's nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.

Got this off of Mike Welch's official MySpace.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#254 16 Aug 08 :: 08:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

When does that ever happen?!?  yikes

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#255 16 Aug 08 :: 12:36

magicalturkey
Website

Yeah, I just got an email about it and was about to post it.  I'm very excited big_smile...  but now my pretty wallpaper and my LJ icon doesn't match up anymore.

LifeSucks.jpg

#256 16 Aug 08 :: 17:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It's actually happening to Valkyrie too, they moved that one up from Feb '09 to Dec 26, '08. Happened with the German release of TI too, remember? Looks like a lot of movies are making use of some of the now vacant release spots due to other movies being delayed.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#257 16 Aug 08 :: 18:32

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, but they've already postponed Valkyrie twice, so that doesn't count.  They did reshoots on that one.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#258 23 Aug 08 :: 23:48

Illinoisguy1
Banned

30nkvwy.png

2a6rp50.png

2w1yrnp.png

50sd9x.png

#259 23 Aug 08 :: 23:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Awesome, thanks for posting!

-TeeJay

#260 23 Aug 08 :: 23:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sounds interesting.

I hugged the Seeker!

#261 24 Aug 08 :: 00:06

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Fourteen?  Bella's 14?!?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#262 24 Aug 08 :: 00:32

magicalturkey
Website

No, Bella is not 14.  She's 17. Someone get their facts straight! :fedup:

LifeSucks.jpg

#263 24 Aug 08 :: 00:41

OhGnarly

You guys wouldn't believe the line I witnessed at Comic-Con for the Twilight panel. Tons and tons of teenage girls in "I <3 Edward" shirts. And since I was with two teenage boys and my maturity level was decreasing by the minute, I was plagued with the desire to yell out "Twilight sucks!" and see how long it took before one of them pounced on me.

Last edited by OhGnarly (24 Aug 08 :: 00:41)

#264 24 Aug 08 :: 00:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LOL! I have to admit that I got curious enough and ordered the first book today. I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm quite sure it won't suck, but I'm not about to become a member of the hype. I'm gonna watch the movie too (provided it shows without dubbing). But I swear to God I'm not gonna wear any I <3 Edward shirts. I'd much rather go bold and wear a shirt that says I love the despicable villain, whatever his name is. smile

-TeeJay

#265 24 Aug 08 :: 01:08

OhGnarly

For me, the first book was the most enjoyable. It only took me a couple of hours to finish it, especially since 60% of the story is a description of how beautiful Edward is). I didn't put it down feeling like my life had been changed. I definitely wouldn't consider myself much of a fan. I don't know, I could be a little too old for it. Apparently, though, there's a whole league of freaky fan mothers who prowl message boards and stuff, so perhaps there is no age limit to this fandom. But yeah, I found that the writing is mediocre, Bella is too wimpy, and Edward just pisses me off.

But I applaud any author who can find ways to make children enjoy reading. So um...yay Stephenie Meyer.

#266 24 Aug 08 :: 01:13

magicalturkey
Website

Honestly, had I been at the Comic-Con, I probably would have been wearing my Team Edward shirt and screaming too, I probably will be when I go see the movie.  So I guess I apologize on behalf of the entire Twilight fanbase for being excited.   And, TeeJay, a lot of people actually do like James, so your plan might backfire.  And some people think the books do suck and that Stephenie Meyer is the most untalented women to ever walk the earth.  So yeah... you might really, really hate it TeeJay.

Sorry I'm being bitchy, I having an off day.

LifeSucks.jpg

#267 24 Aug 08 :: 01:22

OhGnarly

Hahaha, I'm all about overexcited geeks, so no worries. I mean, hell, I completely freaked out (no tears, or anything, but still) when I came within six feet of Seth Green. I just know that the Twilight fans are known for being rabid, so pissing them off seemed like it could be fun. Like I said, it was not a mature moment for me, lol.

It was really surprising to me how long the line was. Especially since it was my first trip to Comic-Con. I had no idea how early you had to line up for certain panels to get in. I learned quickly though, and was one of the people sitting outside of the convention center at four in the morning to see Joss Whedon. But nothing beat the Twilight line. We followed it for awhile out of curiosity and it stretched for miles around the entire center. I think our exact words were, "Holy fuck! Does this thing end?!?"

#268 24 Aug 08 :: 01:33

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I don't think there's an age limit to this fandom.  My co-worker Val has a a 15-year-old daughter who loves the books and loaned them to mom and now Val's hooked too.  She's about 47, I think.  The rough thing is that older teen girls probably won't want to go see it with their moms, but instead with their friends.  So what will the moms do?  Pretend to drop the kids off and then sneak into the back row of the theater to watch too?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#269 24 Aug 08 :: 01:44

OhGnarly

Sisterdebmac wrote:

So what will the moms do?  Pretend to drop the kids off and then sneak into the back row of the theater to watch too?

Hah, that wouldn't surprise me.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-Twilight person. I'll definitely be one of the people who goes to see it in theaters. I just don't plan on lining up for the midnight showing. I'm as curious as any other person to see Hardwick's adaptation.

And while age may have nothing to do with why I can't find reason to go ga-ga over Twilight, I did spend a great deal of my fangirl energy on Harry Potter when I was a preteen. I had bedsheets. Yeah that's right, I said it. Bedsheets. Plus, I think at least half of my t-shirts said Gryffindor on them. So I'd be shocked if anything ever elicits that kind of reaction from me again, hahaha.

#270 24 Aug 08 :: 02:10

magicalturkey
Website

I'm only a few days older than you, Brenna, so if you're out of the age range I am too hmm.   I don't go crazy over Twilight when I'm just hanging out with my friends (I might bring up Edward randomly), but I'll wear a Twilight shirt to the movie because it's fun to get caught up in all the craziness.

I'll probably go see the movie two or three times, once with my friends, once with my mom (who isn't a Twilight fan) and maybe with my dad (which would mostly be just to torture him). 

I was never really into Harry Potter, I read the first few books and saw the first four movies but I was in an unpopular part of the fanbase (Harry/Hermione) and when we got attacked, I gave up on the series because I didn't see the point in continuing to read it if I was gonna be ridiculed for the way I viewed a certain relationship.

LifeSucks.jpg

#271 24 Aug 08 :: 02:21

OhGnarly

magicalturkey wrote:

I was never really into Harry Potter, I read the first few books and saw the first four movies but I was in an unpopular part of the fanbase (Harry/Hermione) and when we got attacked, I gave up on the series because I didn't see the point in continuing to read it if I was gonna be ridiculed for the way I viewed a certain relationship.

Ugh, that's ridiculous. My intense love for Harry Potter died a little bit after I was fifteen or so, so I was never really around to get swept up in the 'ships of Harry/Hermione or Ron/Hermione. I don't get why fans attack other fans for having different perspectives of a story, regardless of whether it's canon or whatever. I think they're seriously missing the point of being a fan.

#272 24 Aug 08 :: 02:32

larry-411

Michael Welch posted a new blog entry:

Late summer update, and a bit of a rant

#273 24 Aug 08 :: 02:36

magicalturkey
Website

OhGnarly wrote:
magicalturkey wrote:

Ugh, that's ridiculous. My intense love for Harry Potter died a little bit after I was fifteen or so, so I was never really around to get swept up in the 'ships of Harry/Hermione or Ron/Hermione. I don't get why fans attack other fans for having different perspectives of a story, regardless of whether it's canon or whatever. I think they're seriously missing the point of being a fan.

Exactly. There is some slight bickering in Twilight between Jake/Bella and Edward/Bella fans, but it's never out of hand.    It's just some fun jabbing.  With Harry Potter I felt like it was never just a little jabbing, it was basically full on warfare from the beginning, which really got out of hand before the sixth book.  And seeing as Harry Potter wasn't even about Harry's romances, I didn't see the point in fighting like we did.   It doesn't matter who you like together, if you like the books enough to discuss them with other fans you should be at least somewhat welcomed, not attacked.

LifeSucks.jpg

#274 24 Aug 08 :: 02:44

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Great blog from Mike!  That young man speaks a hell of a lot of truth.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#275 24 Aug 08 :: 02:50

magicalturkey
Website

I don't think Mike will never say anything to make me not love him.  And now I'm totally head over heals over him big_smile

LifeSucks.jpg

Board footer