#476 23 Sep 08 :: 20:13

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Re: Road Trippin'

IKEA? lol

Aw, Sisterhood 2! I am so jealous now! (Can you tape it for me? LOL)

I hugged the Seeker!

#477 26 Sep 08 :: 15:33

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just quickly checking in. I'm back from Canada, but I gotta go get some things sorted out now. Fortunately, even though it was an overnight flight, I caught maybe 5 hours of sleep, so I should be good. Let's see how that looks later tonight. smile

They had really cool business class seats that you could make completely flat, so that relatively relaxing sleep is actually possible. Take a look:

bizclass.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#478 26 Sep 08 :: 16:17

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Wow, that's cool.  Never seen anything like it.  Looks futuristic.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#479 26 Sep 08 :: 16:39

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

That looks really cool.

I hugged the Seeker!

#480 26 Sep 08 :: 17:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, it looked weird. What I thought was really cool is that you're not sitting next to each other so if you have a window seat, you need to bug the guy next to you all the time if you need to go to the loo. Each of those units had its own TV screen (movies/TV on demand) and even had a power socket if you wanted to use your laptop. The seats could be reclined and adjusted in all sorts of ways, including making them completely horizontal.

Shame that we'll have to fly Economy to LA... sad Also, I don't think Lufthansa has those kinds of seats. At least I've never come across them before. Then again, I've never flown Air Canada before.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#481 26 Sep 08 :: 17:49

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Neat, I just found out my landlady transferred me 370 EUR which apparently I paid too much last year for heating and other ancillary apartment costs. That's perfect timing, I'll need it for the LA vacation. big_smile

-TeeJay

#482 26 Sep 08 :: 18:36

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's a few more pics from my trip to downtown Toronto. Lots of very high buildings with narrow streets. Look up! smile

Toronto_01-1.jpg
CN Tower

Toronto_02-1.jpg
Find Tina!

Toronto_03.jpg
Opposite the CN Tower

Toronto_04.jpg
The view towards Lake Ontario

Toronto_05.jpg

Toronto_06.jpg

Toronto_07.jpg

Toronto_08.jpg
On the way to Union Station

Toronto_09.jpg
Union Station

Toronto_10.jpg
In front of Union Station

Toronto_11.jpg

Toronto_12.jpg
Fairmont Hotel

Toronto_13.jpg

Toronto_14.jpg
The Path (underground shopping centre)

Toronto_15.jpg
Funky wall decoration

Toronto_16.jpg
The view towards Old City Hall

Toronto_17.jpg
Waiting for the light to turn green

Toronto_18.jpg
Old City Hall

Toronto_19.jpg
(New) City Hall

-TeeJay

#483 26 Sep 08 :: 18:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Cool pictures. I want to go to Toronto too.

I hugged the Seeker!

#484 27 Sep 08 :: 02:14

irina

cool pictures indeed. but i was really amazed by the plane seats. i've never see seats like that.

#485 27 Sep 08 :: 02:28

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

This would've been a hilarious picture if it was taken when the building under construction in the background, and thus the arm of the crane, was a lot shorter.  wink

Toronto_10.jpg

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#486 27 Sep 08 :: 10:32

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Those are really cool pictures, TJ. I really want to go to Canada now.  = )

#487 08 Oct 08 :: 08:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Since Deb had already left for Atlanta by the time we made it to the marina and to Venice Beach, let me pots some pictures that I took there:

VeniceBeach_01.jpg

VeniceBeach_02.jpg

VeniceBeach_03.jpg

VeniceBeach_04.jpg

VeniceBeach_05.jpg

VeniceBeach_06.jpg

VeniceBeach_07.jpg

VeniceBeach_08.jpg

VeniceBeach_09.jpg

VeniceBeach_10.jpg

VeniceBeach_11.jpg

VeniceBeach_12.jpg

VeniceBeach_13.jpg

VeniceBeach_14.jpg

VeniceBeach_15.jpg

VeniceBeach_16.jpg

VeniceBeach_17.jpg

VeniceBeach_18.jpg

VeniceBeach_19.jpg

VeniceBeach_20.jpg

VeniceBeach_21.jpg

VeniceBeach_22.jpg

VeniceBeach_23.jpg

VeniceBeach_24.jpg

VeniceBeach_25.jpg

VeniceBeach_26.jpg

VeniceBeach_27.jpg

VeniceBeach_28.jpg

VeniceBeach_29.jpg

VeniceBeach_30.jpg

VeniceBeach_31.jpg

VeniceBeach_32.jpg

VeniceBeach_33.jpg

VeniceBeach_34.jpg

VeniceBeach_35.jpg

VeniceBeach_36.jpg

-TeeJay

#488 08 Oct 08 :: 08:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Those are fantastic, T!  Thanks especially for the surfers.  I wanna cry cuz I wasn't there.  Anne's in her new Chucks!  That's another misadventure, guys.  TeeJay couldn't find any Converse sneaks that fit her that she liked.  Anne and I lucked out.  I just wanted some Navy Chucks and found them (though I paid more than I wantd to), and Anne kinda settled for the Maroon because they had no yellow.  We all got cool t-shirts though.  The trouble was, we had no time to shop because we were meeting our favorite TV cast.  Oh well, it's all about the sacrifices, you know.  wink

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#489 09 Oct 08 :: 05:12

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Awesome pictures! Venice beach is really pretty. Beautiful photography as always, TJ.

#490 09 Oct 08 :: 05:20

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

They really are great pics.  So, I guess you guys didn't see the dudes at Muscle Beach then, T?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#491 09 Oct 08 :: 11:49

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Wow. Great pictures. I absolutely had to save some of the ones with the ocean.. since I've got a folder for ocean pics.. I love the ocean. :embarrassed: Is it weird that I've had dreams of it my whole life and I've never really seen one? Even before I saw it first time on tv.. hmm

Edit.. I almost forgot I meant to comment on the buildings too. I like architecture. I've had it a hobby since I was 11 (drawing floorplans). I hate the huge classtowers with no soul what so ever. But I love the old ones and the ones with stone. :grovel: Oh what geneous draw those?

And that planepic. That would be a nice experience! big_smile

By the way, I noticed those two guys tanning in one of those beatch pics. The other one looked a bit like Chris. Is that why you took their picture? Or was it just eyecandy? wink Confess! lol I mean this one:
VeniceBeach_28.jpg

Last edited by CappuGirlFin (09 Oct 08 :: 11:56)

joa219crysig.jpg

#492 09 Oct 08 :: 14:16

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LOL. No, no intention to take it because one of them might look a little like Chris. They were kinda far away too, I used the telephoto lens on these guys. smile

No, Deb, we didn't see any "muscle men". Maybe we were in the wrong spot?

-TeeJay

#493 09 Oct 08 :: 16:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Ah, too bad you missed those guys.  They're in this fenced-in area on the boardwalk in Venice.  There's all this weight-lifting equipment in there and they just oil up and lift and show off their muscles all day.  They love to pose for pics.  Kind of hilarious.  Maybe you just didn't go far enough.  Oh well, next time.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#494 19 Nov 08 :: 20:55

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Not exactly road trippin', since I took these just thirty minutes away from where I live, but maybe you wanna take a look anyway:
http://teejay.bplaced.net/gallery/thumb … =28&page=1

This was on Sunday, I was walking through the Neandertal with my friends Diane and Ralf. Unfortunately, the weather was kinda shitty, it rained a bit too. We still had fun, though. And, yes, this is what the Neandertal Man (Homo neanderthalensis) is named after since "his" remains were found in that valley. I don't really know why they sometimes spell it Neanderthal and something without the H, I think they renamed it at some point.

-TeeJay

#495 23 Nov 08 :: 21:27

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just took a look at your new picture gallery, Tina, and I didn't even remember that you were in Stockholm last year. Did you tell me about that? I'm confused.

I hugged the Seeker!

#496 23 Nov 08 :: 23:26

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Stockholm was a business trip, I think in February '07. I can't remember if you told you about it or not. We only really spent two or so hours in Stockholm, walking through the city in freezing temperatures. At one point it started snowing too. The whole trip to Sweden was two days, I think. From Stockholm we went to Uppsala, but I didn't really see anything of Uppsala except for the hotel and the hospital.

-TeeJay

#497 24 Nov 08 :: 00:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Heather wrote:

Haha, dirty statue.

Oh, LOL. I didn't even realize! yikes The Neanderthal man is holding a tool of some kind or a walking stick. It's not what you may think! lol

Here, this makes it clearer (not my photo):

18284-NEANDERTHAL%20ALT%20UND%20NEU.jpg

-TeeJay

#498 24 Nov 08 :: 14:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Samsy-Marie wrote:

I just took a look at your new picture gallery, Tina, and I didn't even remember that you were in Stockholm last year. Did you tell me about that? I'm confused.

Oh, and Anne? http://www.chris-marquette.com/forum/vi … 5139#p5139 (The links to the pictures don't work anymore, though.)

-TeeJay

#499 24 Nov 08 :: 18:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Whoops, I even commented on them. LOL Sorry, I totally forgot about that trip.

I hugged the Seeker!

#500 07 Dec 08 :: 21:30

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hi from England, btw. I forgot to post about my little one-week trip. I'm visiting a friend for a week and I'll be home again next Sunday. Since Freddie has WiFi now, I'm still gonna be online regularly. Yay! smile

-TeeJay

Board footer