#76 11 Dec 06 :: 18:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: Just Friends

I think my favorite thing is still his very first line in the movie, which is too naughty to quote here.  LOL!

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#77 12 Dec 06 :: 00:04

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

My brown hoodie and I just got home from seeing "Just Friends".

No, wait, that was Deb's line. This is me:

My Dorquette shirt, blue hoodie and I just got home from seeing "Just Friends". First impressions? Well, second impressions, more like. I've only seen the movie in its entirety once before (the US DVD version), I've seen the Chris scenes several times. I've never seen it dubbed into German, though. And I've never seen it on the big screen. Until tonight.

And may I just add that I must be one of the first few people to ever see this movie on a German movie screen? Gee, I feel so special. Because it was a pre-premiere, ten days before official German release date. Whoohoo!

First impressions of the dubbed version? Not too bad, actually. I surprised myself at the times I laughed or chuckled even when Chris wasn't involved in the scene. I felt pretty entertained there in my movie theater seat. And I was pleasantly surprised at how little the dubbing bothered me. Probably because I know the movie in English already and knew I could go home and put in the DVD if I wanted the original voices. So I just sat back and visually relished the thing, Chris especially.

It was a nice change to actually be in the theater with more than 12 other people. Not a lot of people watch the undubbed versions in the cinema I usually go to. While this show wasn't sold out, there were still at least 50 or 60 people around, if I may take an educated guess. And most of them laughed when I did.

Okay, of course Chris's dubbing voice was awful. Didn't sound like him at all. Especially when I had the original English lines in my head almost down to the exact intonation. What didn't sound at all right was the "You da man!" at the mall. And the "slapping the ham" wasn't translated that badly. It actually worked in German too, the way they did it. None of the jokes got lost in translation, really.

So I'm not at all regretting watching the movie in German. Chris on the big screen sure was a delight. I want MORE! smile

And just for the record: I still don't like the movie much. But I was surprised that I liked it more on the second viewing than I thought I would.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#78 12 Dec 06 :: 00:16

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

How did they translate the "You da man!" thing? And thanks for the SMS about the ham thing. Now I don't need to spend money for seeing it. LOL For fun I checked out if it's going to be shown somewhere near here, but so far it's only at the Cinemaxx in Stuttgart, which is not reachable without spending a lot of money on trains and busses.

I hugged the Seeker!

#79 12 Dec 06 :: 00:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I think they actually said "Du bist der Mann!", which sounds kinda stupid in German. What was weird is that they used a different word in German for when Mike asks Chris if he "boinked" Jamie yet. I don't remember them all, but they never used the same word twice. They also didn't use the word "homo". I think in the end, when he raises his hand, he said, "Heb den Arm wenn dein Bruder ein Warmer ist." Which means the same thing, of course. And they translated "The Notebook" with "Das Notizbuch". Which is the literal translation, but doesn't make sense because the movie was not called "Das Notizbuch" in German. No one's gonna get that unless they know the original title of the movie. hmm

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#80 12 Dec 06 :: 10:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, that's kinda stupid, so my guess was right. LOL Now I don't have to spend money on it, thank God.
"Das Notizbuch"? lol:lol::lol: Maybe the translaters didn't know the real German title.

I hugged the Seeker!

#81 12 Dec 06 :: 15:11

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It wasn't just that the translation of "You da man!" wasn't kinda stupid, it was also that in the dubbed version the intonation wasn't half as funny. When Chris says it, he goes, "You da man!" It didn't sound as distinctive in the German version. What worked very well, though, was the scene where Mike tries to imitate Samantha's "Rrrrrrr." It also cracked me up in the German version. Chris's scenes definitely evoked a lot of laughs in the German version from the audience as well.

And even if the translators didn't know the German title of "The Notebook", they should have done their research. You can find it within seconds in Google.

-TeeJay

#82 12 Dec 06 :: 15:12

R2Roswell

I like it when Chris says that line!  He's so funny.

#83 12 Dec 06 :: 15:13

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I love him saying that line too. Probably my favorite one from the whole movie where the audio part is concerned. We should put it in the quotes section in our Just Friends filmography synopsis. I don't think it's in there yet. I need my DVD back from Lars, so I can make some soundcaps. smile

-TeeJay

#84 12 Dec 06 :: 20:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I love it too. It's already a classic. LOL

And I know that they could have found the real title within seconds by using Google. But they obviously didn't.

I hugged the Seeker!

#85 28 Dec 06 :: 18:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I just found out the name of the guy who dubbed Chris in the German version of Just Friends: Johannes Wolko. Never heard of him...

-TeeJay

#86 28 Dec 06 :: 19:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Found some more info in that guy:

Johannes Wolko

Sprechrollen (Filme)
Chace Crawford (als Tyler Sims) in "Der Pakt" (2006)

Shia LaBeouf (als Max) in "3 Engel für Charlie - Volle Power" (2003)

Eric Lloyd (als Charlie Calvin) in "Santa Clause 2 - Eine noch schönere Bescherung" (2002)

William Moseley (als Peter Pevensie) in "Die Chroniken von Narnia: Der König von Narnia" (2005)

I've seen that Charlie's Angels movie, but I couldn't remember the voice. Well, it's long ago. And it's kinda funny that he worked on Narnia. I saw that in English, but I never watched it in German.

I hugged the Seeker!

#87 26 Jan 07 :: 23:40

peek-a-boo

I really love this movie i think just because there is so much physical comedy and the slapfights remind me of my little brothers and when they do their "midget wresteling" it is hysterical
In terms of the movie i really love it and i own it
most times i watch the whole movie and then other times im not in the mood so i skip to the chris scenes
Him the mom and samantha are my favorite characters in the whole movie haha
"what ham..."
"what are you doing at joyces house"
OMG i can't get over how funny i think this is HAHA lol:lol:

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#88 27 Jan 07 :: 00:14

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I actually don't like the movie except for the Chris bits. Just not my kind of thing. I mean, it's not horrible or anything, but it's not a movie I'd watch again in its entirety just for the movie. But it's cool if some people really like it a lot. Of course I own the DVD, but guess why. wink

But I would have to agree: Chris is hilariously funny in it, I love his scenes.

-TeeJay

#89 27 Jan 07 :: 00:29

peek-a-boo

haha i think i ended up seeing it because of chris but i just ended up loving it
wow that happens to me alot

Tayler!!!<3
2zj9lom.gif
Made By Zoe!!
Proud Olly Dolly

#90 29 Jan 07 :: 07:08

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I like it a lot too.  Not just the Chris parts, although they're definitely my favorites.  I've probably seen it 5-6 times by now.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#91 08 Feb 07 :: 01:31

JoA_Lover

I have to agree, this movie looks pretty bad.
However, it's on one of the movie channels on my TV soon, and it might be worth a few laughs, plus Chris is in it, so it can't be too awful:P

#92 08 Feb 07 :: 02:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's really fun.  Chris is hysterical in it.  Watch it.  Then let us know what you thought.  I'm not one of the naysayers.  I've seen it a bunch of times now.  And not just the Chris parts.  It's not great, nor is it terrible.  Maybe it helps if you dig Ryan Reynolds, which I definitely do.  I enjoy it whenever it pops up on TV.  And if you like it or you wanna see more funny Chris from it, we have clips of the DVD extras in the media section.  The Ken Doll quote in the Friggin Cold clip is PRICELESS.

And he's so adorable in his stripey toque.  See for yourself:

JF_NoGenitals.jpg

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#93 08 Feb 07 :: 06:43

novice2269

Hey there,
I am a newbie here to the site but have been a Chris Marquette fan for quite sometime  now!
There is a clip on youtube of all of the the Chris and Mikey fights that I watch over and over, I have yet to tire of it.:lol:

#94 08 Feb 07 :: 07:03

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh, man, gotta see that!  Can you post a link?

And welcome!

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#95 08 Feb 07 :: 12:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I hugged the Seeker!

#96 08 Feb 07 :: 15:24

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Nice clip, though I hate it when these 16:9 clips are so elongated because it's a 4:3 window they're playing in. But not everyone is as computer savvy as I am, so I shouldn't really expect everyone to know how to handle this.

Welcome to the boards, Novice! Hope you like it here. You're not the Tina person from Norway, are you?

-TeeJay

#97 08 Feb 07 :: 15:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Tina person from Norway? Did I miss something?

I hugged the Seeker!

#98 08 Feb 07 :: 22:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I was snooping around on YouTube and who left comments for that video clip, and there was a Tina from Norway who said she loved Chris and thought he was a great actor. I thought maybe she liked him enough to register here. Just an educated guess, could be wrong.

-TeeJay

#99 08 Feb 07 :: 23:56

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ah, I see. Well, I don't read comments on youtube very often, I just watch.

I hugged the Seeker!

#100 11 Feb 07 :: 01:31

JoA_Lover

Aw Chris and his toques wink
I really need to check out clips on this site soon!

Board footer