#426 23 May 09 :: 22:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: The Education Of Charlie Banks

I guess I could ask the Erik guy, but it seems like he's the last to know about stuff. We usually know all the latest before he does. I don't know what exactly his involvement is with the film and the production company.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#427 24 May 09 :: 05:52

deedee

So dorquette ladies!!! I have just returned from an evening out. Guess what I saw.. teehee. It was epic! First off it was an okay turn out more then I thought would show up. The Mayfair is an older theater in Ottawa which has been revamped with couches and new seating and amazing service. My step dad and I sat in a couch with an foot stool and a table it was sooo comfy and so worth the 10 bucks admission. Now I wont go into too much detail about the movie to spoil it. Chris was AMAZING. The outfits.. were  HOT. And there are some special surprises for you when you watch it let me reassure you;). Deb, Tina email me if you want a bit more detail. Ritter.. was.. scary with how well he did his character and overall it is a very moving movie. Also... i got some goodies. They were handing out little cards with "who is Charlie banks" and on the back there is some info on the movie. Also when I was leaving I scored a FREE Charlie banks official t shirt. It is black and on the front it says the website. On the back it says the education of Charlie banks and has a quote from people magazine. It is defiantly going into my box of goodies from Chris including the amazing fan boys comic as well as my the invisible outfit. Now I am very torn on who the second shirt I own to should go to. Girls theres a few of you and only one t. Deb, Tina Anne. I don't know how to decide:( any ideas? As i am not frequently on the message board email me kay? busy day tomorrow but ill try to respond. Love all of you lots. Tons. OODLES. And I was so excited to know that I could give you just a bit of insight into this amazing project Chris did.

#428 24 May 09 :: 06:03

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That is the best story ever, Doree!  I'm so happy for you.  You are officially the FIRST Dorquette to see Charlie Banks.  I envy you and I definitely want to hear a more in-depth rundown of your impressions of the movie.  As for the tee, I would say that if you want to give it to one of us the determining factor could be wearability.  If it's like a unisex extra large, it'll swallow Tina and Anne whole and they probably won't wear it.  But that would fit me perfectly and I would most certainly wear it and would love to have it.  Especially since my Fanboys tees went AWOL.  But if it's smaller, say an adult medium, it would fit either of them better than me and I couldn't wear it.

Shoot me an email and tell me what you loved about TEOCB and spare no spoilers.  I love that stuff.

Hugs!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#429 24 May 09 :: 07:42

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I'm envious of you, Doree. You got a lot of cool stuff and saw Charlie Banks in theaters.

#430 24 May 09 :: 10:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That's a great story, Doree! Yay!! I'm so glad you got to see the movie and loved it. The thing about the t-shirts is so cool. If you wanted, you could do a little Dorquette quiz so that it's not just Anne, Deb and me who you could give it to. Size-wise, Anne is smaller than me, so an S might fit her, while I'd definitely need M or L. Is it a men's/unisex or a girlie shirt?

If you wanna e-mail me, I'd prefer not to hear any spoilers. So you better just sent your message to Deb, she can cut it down to the non-spoilery parts for me later on. smile

Also, the Facebook guy doesn't know anything about the DVD being pushed back, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if that was just a glitch.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#431 25 May 09 :: 21:08

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Congratulations, Doree! I want to see that movie so bad now! LOL Cool about the shirts and other goodies, I wish they would do that in my theatres, too. (Although they once gave me a Hair poster for free, so I guess I shouldn't complain! LOL) I don't know if a S would fit me, though. In Europe, I mostly need M or L, due to my "fat arm". roll I guess if you really want to give the shirt to one of us, the one who wears the right size wins. :clueless:

I hugged the Seeker!

#432 27 May 09 :: 07:31

deedee

why doesnt someone keep it and not where it and we can put it in glass:P teehee. get him to sign it in a silver sharpy the next time you girls get around him:) I am def not wearing mine!

#433 29 May 09 :: 03:55

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

TEOCB can be pre-ordered from Best Buy for $14.99.  That's what I'm doing.  I'll reserve it for store pick-up on release day, like I did with Fanboys.  I pass right by there on the way home from work.  Easy peasy and no shipping charges.  big_smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#434 29 May 09 :: 07:01

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I'm definitely getting it from Best Buy! Thanks for the tip, Deb.

#435 29 May 09 :: 11:06

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Not quite as cheap as in the US, but cdwow.net just e-mailed me a 2 EUR voucher, so I pre-ordered the DVD for 18 EUR now. That's still above my normal budget, but it's something I can live with, especially since it's a Chris movie. smile

This is also the store that sent me the Fanboys DVD a week early, so if I get really lucky, I'll have this one before the release date too.

-TeeJay

#436 29 May 09 :: 16:02

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I decided to use my new paypal account for this one. Just purchased it. Yay! big_smile
Next order will be Fanboys. I already love paypal! LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#437 29 May 09 :: 23:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

That's cool, but please kill the link, Maria.  I don't want people getting an illegal download link from us.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#438 30 May 09 :: 06:12

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I saved the link. I'm going to watch it this weekend.

#439 02 Jun 09 :: 04:17

Donna

I saved it too, and just watched it ....awesome, but yeah you should probably kill the link, legal stuff and all.

#440 04 Jun 09 :: 20:06

Editsound
Dorque

It reappeared in my Netflix Queue.  very strange.

I hate to get on a soapbox, but I will for a second.  When you watch those pirated versions, you are hurting a lot of people.  Those of us, who make a living in the entertainment industry are hurt by pirating.  The lost revenue is not made up by lower salaries for actors or producers or directors.  It is made up by lower salaries for the regular workers.  Our salaries have been going down for about 10 years now. So, please go to the movies, or rent or buy the dvd, or watch in on the legitimate sites like Hulu.  It does matter to real people.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#441 24 Jun 09 :: 01:13

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Front & back of the U.S. DVD

1465464h.jpg
1465464bh.jpg

#442 24 Jun 09 :: 01:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

At least his name's on the cover.  roll

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#443 24 Jun 09 :: 04:09

therealshell
Fanboy
Website

I just added that one to my Netflix queue. For the record, I am not a fan of Fred Durst.

At a certain part in your life. Probably when too much of it has gone by. You will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals.

#444 24 Jun 09 :: 04:18

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Who is?  But the reviews of the movie have been really great and it won the Made In NYC Award at the Tribeca Film Festival.  People have also said Chris is excellent and very memorable in it.  In any event, it'll be way better than Remember The Daze, right?

What I can recommend is Graduation, American Gun, Alpha Dog, Just Friends and The Girl Next Door.  smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#445 26 Jun 09 :: 14:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Apparently my DVD was shipped today. If they stick to their 7-10 day delivery, it should arrive some time around July 8. So I'll probably stay out of this thread after June 30 until I get my copy.

-TeeJay

#446 26 Jun 09 :: 17:16

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Mine was shipped today, too! smile

I hugged the Seeker!

#447 26 Jun 09 :: 22:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The official MySpace has posted this blog:

we're getting ready for a special exclusive for you come monday.  very cool stuff...and it's coming all the way from Poland!  so check back often more details!  you will not be disappointed!

Hm.... okay. Let's see what they're coming up with.

-TeeJay

#448 27 Jun 09 :: 16:11

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Poland? hmm

I hugged the Seeker!

#449 29 Jun 09 :: 10:33

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Residents of DC, Virginia and Maryland can win a copy of the DVD @ http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=37486

-TeeJay

#450 29 Jun 09 :: 16:30

therealshell
Fanboy
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Who is?  But the reviews of the movie have been really great and it won the Made In NYC Award at the Tribeca Film Festival.  People have also said Chris is excellent and very memorable in it.  In any event, it'll be way better than Remember The Daze, right?

What I can recommend is Graduation, American Gun, Alpha Dog, Just Friends and The Girl Next Door.  smile

Remember the Daze, despite the plethora of eye candy, was terrible. What made it even worse for me was its aping of the brilliant Dazed and Confused. I have avoided Alpha Dog because I hate seeing white kids acting like they're "gangstas," which seemed to be the whole point of the bits of Alpha Dog that I have seen.

Last edited by therealshell (29 Jun 09 :: 16:33)

At a certain part in your life. Probably when too much of it has gone by. You will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals.

Board footer