#101 09 Sep 09 :: 03:03

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Re: The Girl Next Door fanfic "Alternate Universe" by Bree :]

hehe.. cool cool. big_smile
yeah I sit here and zone out to good music... helps me with the creative writing process..
I have lots of inspirational tracks I listen to that keep me going. So I sing a bit... listen a bit...write a bit.
Its a nice pace... lol

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:40)

~*Minions! Let's move! *snaps fingers*~ Eli Brooks TGND
~*We live in a crazy mixed up world. CRAZY. But oh so beautiful.*~ - Eli Brooks TGND

:::SELLING MY THE GIRL NEXT DOOR AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTER ON EBAY! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!!:::

#102 09 Sep 09 :: 03:11

Warbee
Unchallenged

Well whatever you do it obviously works....You are writing an awesome story and so quickly too! Thanks for my reading too smile Ive never had anything like that done before but its pretty cool. I like it

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#103 09 Sep 09 :: 03:16

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Oh yeah, I do that too.  It's great when it's really rolling.

It's hard staying off the net.  I have this awful obsession with knowing as much as I can about what's going on in the world.  Politics, pop culture, world affairs, current events.  I've been obsessed since about the 10th grade when I had this amazing teacher who turned me on to how fascinating the world really is.  I peruse the equivalent of about 6-7 newspapers a day, but by that I mean I scan or read tons of articles from a variety of sites.  I probably fully read 30-40 articles a day.  And then I come home and watch Keith Olbermann & Rachel Maddow, sometimes The Daily Show & The Colbert Report, and Bill Maher every weekend. I also watch ABC World News Tonight and Entertainment Tonight almost every day.  That's just my thing.

So tonight, I'm watching my shows, but staying off Huffington Post.  wink

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#104 09 Sep 09 :: 03:29

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

lol nice. I dont watch much TV and if I did I would be the kind of person to avoid the news and those kinds of shows.
And its simply because Im pretty good at being paranoid about something that has happened or is going around that is bad... sometimes its just better for me to NOT know.

XD You should have seen me when the whole West Nile thing was circulating so bad... I stayed INDOORS for months away from ALL MOSQUITOS.
LMFAO so yeah.... bad news + Bree watching/learning it = paranoid lock down inside her home... lolzzzz

itll probably be my undoing one day. The not knowing bad things on the news... I just dont wanna be freakin out all the time and just enjoy my life and whatever comes my way does and what doesnt just doesnt.
I get the heebie jeebies over the scary stuff thats really circulating in the world these days.

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:42)

~*We live in a crazy mixed up world. CRAZY. But oh so beautiful.*~ - Eli Brooks TGND

:::SELLING MY THE GIRL NEXT DOOR AUTOGRAPHED MOVIE POSTER ON EBAY! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!!:::

#105 09 Sep 09 :: 03:32

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

You are more than welcome Kate. I certainly hope it helps you. wink and thank you for the praise guys.
without you this story might be put on a year long waiting list for completion
LMAO lol Im bad like that sometimes... :doh:

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:43)

#106 09 Sep 09 :: 03:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Actually Kate, I kinda take it all in stride, what goes on out there.  I help where I can and know that some things, I just can't effect in any way.  If I believed everything I read, I'd be a paranoid mess, sure.  But I know that a lot of what's floated is crap.  So I just kinda sit back and watch the circus.  "Current events" is kind of like my entertainment.  All the world is a stage after all...

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#107 09 Sep 09 :: 03:51

Warbee
Unchallenged

I am more into the net than tv. Though I have a habit of being on my laptop in the lounge with the tv on in the background. Usually I forget which tv show is on when, so any sort of serial that you HAVE to watch each episode to understand it I miss. I used to read the paper everyday, and then do the crossword and read the horoscopes while i was at uni. But since working full time i usually just catch the nightly news and thats about it.

-- Kate

KissChasy

#108 09 Sep 09 :: 04:01

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

My TV and computer screen are basically beside each other, though the TV sits further back, and I have a foot stool so I lounge in my computer chair.  I need a new one desperately, though.  This one is killing my lower back these days, which I'm sure contributes to these headaches.  It's like seven years old and mostly made of plastic.  I wish I could afford a decent new one.  Office Depot has some cool ones on sale, but I'm just so broke.

I have specific shows I watch on TV.  Appointment shows.  It's not a casual thing to me.  I'm either watching something important, or I'm not watching.  It's that freakin' Capricorn streak in me.  Everything has a purpose.  I also can't listen to "whatever" music in the background.  If a song comes on that I don't like, it's gotta go.  And I'd mostly rather program it myself than listen to like the radio.  Can't stand commercial radio at all.  Thank heavens (heh, literally) for XM radio!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#109 09 Sep 09 :: 05:44

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Today I read chapters 4 and 5 and I'm going to read more tomorrow. Your an awesome writer, Bree.  smile

#110 09 Sep 09 :: 05:47

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Awww thanks Melody! *smiles* I try.
this isnt just a fan fic for me... its from me to all of you. with lots of love from northern CA. hehe

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:44)

#111 09 Sep 09 :: 06:36

Warbee
Unchallenged

The quicker you write them, the quicker I read them smile It makes an awesome quick break. And nawwwww so sweet. I send you love from southern Melbourne, Australia...Breezy

-- Kate

KissChasy

#112 09 Sep 09 :: 06:41

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

big_smile TY! *sends love back to Kate* HAHA you used my nickname from my fanfic... thats a REAL nickname of mine.

90% of all stuff in that part of my fanfic about me is true! Some names have been changed to protect the wicked and the innocent but the scenarios are real and feelings and a lot of other stuff.

Glad you enjoy it so much. I'm slowly crawling up to Bree meeting Eli. Dang, its taking forever. but one more chapter and she should be there!
And thats when all the interesting comical lovey stuff goes down! SO STAY TUNED! hehehe

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:45)

#113 09 Sep 09 :: 06:47

Warbee
Unchallenged

Hehehe its ok, I think mine is worse. Katie Apple Bee....I havent got a clue where it has come from or what but that is my sickly nicname from my family. From mates I usually just get Warbee -- Hence the name on the MB. I'm so excited for them to finally meet! smile

-- Kate

KissChasy

#114 09 Sep 09 :: 06:51

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

THAT IS CUTE!!!! Katie apple bee.... hehehe like the restaurant Apple Bees.... nice!
Ill just mesh two together and call you KatBee or KB hehe *grins* OMFG I know me too!!! soon!! soon!!!
Its gonna be GREAT! hahahaha :drool:

I have so many ideas for that PIVOTAL moment.... *grins a big cheesy grin* big_smile

UPDATE: When Kate came to visit me out here in CA we went to Apple Bees for dinner. We had a blast big_smile
Then we carved Halloween pumpkins hehe.
MISS YA KATE! You rock girl!

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:46)

#115 09 Sep 09 :: 07:04

Warbee
Unchallenged

Its my aunt Brenda's fault....she nicnames everyone something weird and it sticks. My mum is Rosey, even though her name is Jeanette. My dad is Father, even though he is her brother. My older brother David is Bozo, and my younger brother is Rat Bag or Christopher Demon Head. So i think Katie Apple Bee isnt too bad considering. There is a restaurant called Apple Bees??? Hahaha thats awesome!

-- Kate

KissChasy

#116 09 Sep 09 :: 07:12

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

holy toledo!
does your auntie have like... a mix of very mild torettes syndrome and alzeihmers (JK) or "old timers" as my lil 4 year old neice calls it? Shes so cute lol!

yeah I think you got off lucky and light... CONGRATS.
And there is a restaurant here in the US at select places in select states called Apple Bee's lmao.
Now everytime I go there Im gonna think of you!! HAHAHAHAHA lol tongue NICE

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:47)

#117 09 Sep 09 :: 07:18

Warbee
Unchallenged

No tourettes or "old timers" that i know of, just rather eccentric. We are all used to it though i think. Its just annoying how much the nicnames stick. I get Katie Apple Bee or even just Apple Bee from all of my family, but then I also call my aunt and uncle, Lena Girl and Grant Boy because of Brenda's nicnames. I am SO going to one of those restaurants next year! Hilarious! I will have to take many photos of that too. big_smile I was in such a bad mood earlier and now it has completely turned around. Gotta love this MB for that. I give credit to Bree and Deb big_smile:D:D

-- Kate

KissChasy

#118 09 Sep 09 :: 07:22

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

AWWWW well were glad you are feeling better now after goofing off with us here on the MB.
We are all a little family :] I love it!
Hehe if you would like I can shoot a picture of the apple bees here in my town and send it to you so you can show your Auntie what shes done!
HAHAHAHA XD!!!

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:48)

#119 09 Sep 09 :: 07:53

Warbee
Unchallenged

I will just book you in for a dinner date out roughly this time next year?? Hahaha I should be in California around then. Would love to meet as many dorquettes as I can honestly

-- Kate

KissChasy

#120 09 Sep 09 :: 08:02

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

I would love that. Totally big_smile it would be an honor to meet you.
to meet all of you quite frankly. I just wish we had one huge PAVILLION located smack dab in the center of where
all of us live so we could just fly out for less than 200 bucks each and meet up. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:48)

#121 09 Sep 09 :: 08:48

Warbee
Unchallenged

That would be awesome!! 200 bucks hahaha I promise you my trip that I am currently planning will cost a little bit more than that! But I am liking the idea of some form of mass gathering of the website. Definitely up for that big_smile

-- Kate

KissChasy

#122 09 Sep 09 :: 09:45

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

HELLZZZ TO THE YEAH! big_smile
No doubt... Im so totally there if the time calls for it.
Ill be READY to rock n roll lol!!!

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:49)

#123 18 Sep 09 :: 07:31

TheFutureMrsEliBrooks
Subdefective

Deb. Kate. Mel. TeeJay. Samsy! WHAT IS UP EVERYONE????
This MB seems so quiet... everyone let me know how yall are doing.
I miss you guys!!! big_smile wink *huggles everyone*
So quiet here lately..... :doh: *looks around* hmmmmm hmm

Im doing ok... just coasting... taking it one day at a time hehehe

Last edited by TheFutureMrsEliBrooks (31 Mar 15 :: 02:51)

#124 18 Sep 09 :: 09:02

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sorry, Bree, I'm a little busy this week, both at work and at home. I'm off to the UK tomorrow morning, so I'm trying to get everything organized. I just hate packing suitcases, so it's always kind of a big thing for me. And there's not only that, tons of other things going on that need taking care of. I haven't even had time to do Infestation screencaps, and that says a lot! wink

I am planning to read your story, and I will send you more comments as I go through it, but I hope you can be a little more patient.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#125 18 Sep 09 :: 15:49

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Well, my life kinda became a living hell this week.  My co-worker, Joe is moving to Belgium and his last day was Tuesday.  I've had to take over his duties without really being trained in them and my boss is very intense.  So I have less time to fiddle around at work, and I've been exhausted in the evenings and having terrible issues with my tummy.  In short, I feel like hammered shit right now so I may not be as "outgoing" as normal.

Also, I promised a guy I met on a Friday Night Lights MB that I would read his spec script for the show and give him notes.  I just finally started that yesterday.  But I'll catch back up with you guys soon...

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer