#601 05 Oct 09 :: 18:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Road Trippin'

That's really cool. I'm glad you had such a great time. So, whose panels did you watch? Tom Felton wasn't there, right?

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#602 05 Oct 09 :: 18:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, he had to cancel last minute. That kinda sucked, but well, it wasn't his fault. I hope he'll be there next year then.
I watched all the Twilight panels and even asked two questions at the last one. big_smile I also attended one LOTR panel with Bob Hopkins and some other guy whose name I can't remember right now,that was kinda funny.
And I "experienced" the last few minutes with the dubbing voices of Edward, Bella and Jacob and I got confirmation that it was a good decision to stick with the English version of Twilight. I mean, I understand that that's their job and they make their living with that, but the voices just don't fit to the characters, especially Bella's voice. They did a live dubbing, but they did it as a parody, that was kinda funny, though.
More later, I'm busy with scanning.

I hugged the Seeker!

#603 05 Oct 09 :: 19:44

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Is there even gonna be a Ringcon next year? I heard the tickets didn't sell well this year and there were rumors going around that this was gonna be a last Ringcon.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#604 05 Oct 09 :: 20:40

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Really? There was no sign of that at the weekend. They even announced the dates for 2010 already. And yeah, I'll try to go again.

I hugged the Seeker!

#605 05 Oct 09 :: 20:55

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Then I guess they sold enough tickets after all. Or they just wanted to put up a good show and not disappoint the fans. Guess we'll see next summer or autumn if it's happening or not. The Twilight mania will definitely still be in full flight then.

-TeeJay

#606 06 Oct 09 :: 05:34

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I'm glad you had an amazing weekend, Anne! I can't wait to see the pictures you took!  big_smile

#607 06 Oct 09 :: 20:37

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Please give me some more time, I have hardly been able to breath since I'm back from the weekend. I'll try to upload and post everything tomorrow.

I hugged the Seeker!

#608 14 Nov 09 :: 11:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hey guys, I wanna apologize for going AWOL on you. I've pretty much worked non-stop every day from 9 in the morning to around midnight ever since last Thursday. I haven't switched on my computer at home for over a week and I haven't been doing much of anything other than sleeping, eating and working. Most likely next week will be similar, but at least I get two days off from the madness this weekend. Bear with me if I don't participate much on the board these days, I'm gonna be back at some point.

-TeeJay

#609 15 Nov 09 :: 07:29

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Welcome back, T.  It's great to see you!  I was just thinking Friday at work as I had to clean out my email how much I missed you.

I also want to apologize for not getting the Amber interview transcribed yet.  Y'all know things have been intense for me lately.  But the good news is that I've got a couple of weeks off, since my last job ended, before my new one starts.  And though I have tons of chores and errands to do in between, I hope to have some time finally, and the energy to tackle it.  It's really good and I want you all to hear it...  smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#610 16 Nov 09 :: 02:24

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

It's great your back, TJ. I hope everything is going well for you at work. Hopefully you will have more free time now.

#611 22 Nov 09 :: 23:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

File this under NOT Road Trippin'.  It looks like I won't be going to Kentucky to be with my best friend for Thanksgiving after all.  She's come down with something.  Hope it's not swine flu!  sad

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#612 23 Nov 09 :: 05:29

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I'm sorry, Deb. I still hope you have a good Thanksgiving and I hope that your friend is not going to be sick for much longer.  :hug:

#613 30 Nov 09 :: 18:23

Editsound
Dorque

Have been gone for almost a week.  We went to Vegas for the holiday weekend.  It was my son's 18th birthday on Thanksgiving (I can't believe he is an adult), and he has been saying for years he wanted to spend his 18th in vegas.  We don't gamble, so we saw some shows, Penn and Teller were awesome. The Jersey Boys was even better, Donny and Marie (not my choice) was pretty good, but was the weak one.  It is amazing how much stuff they have for families to do.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#614 30 Nov 09 :: 18:42

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm sure Vegas is an interesting city in the US to visit, but I'd probably pick others first if I had a choice. New York and Chicago are at the top of my list.

-TeeJay

#615 30 Nov 09 :: 21:45

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I've only been to Vegas once, in 1990.  I didn't gamble either.  And I was there for a conference so we didn't see any shows.  But it was the Video Software Dealers Association Convention, so there were lots of movie stars there for us to meet.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#616 30 Nov 09 :: 22:25

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Why is everyone going to Vegas lately? Did I miss something? I want to go too!!!

I hugged the Seeker!

#617 30 Nov 09 :: 22:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Who's everyone? Did anyone other than Rick go there?

-TeeJay

#618 01 Dec 09 :: 10:51

Warbee
Unchallenged

Isnt the legal age in the US 21??? Thats what I always thought anyway....and I've been to Vegas...I was 6 at the time though. Circus Circus was my highlight back then.

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#619 01 Dec 09 :: 16:55

Editsound
Dorque

Yes, it is 21, that is why I never understood why he wanted Vegas for his 18th.  But he did.

Joan: So, my true nature is to be a catalyst? That is mad anti-climatic.
God: Anti climactic. Anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

#620 02 Dec 09 :: 04:49

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's great, Rick! It sounds like you had an awesome time!

#621 03 Dec 09 :: 17:29

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Who's everyone? Did anyone other than Rick go there?

No, noone from the board here, but David went there recently too. I asked him to send me a postcard but he refused.

I hugged the Seeker!

#622 10 Dec 09 :: 14:57

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, it's technically not a "road trip", but I'm going home in a few minutes and won't have internet until Saturday when I return to my parents's place. Just wanted to inform you that I'll be gone for the next two days. And yes, this time it's real.

I hugged the Seeker!

#623 26 Jan 10 :: 06:44

Warbee
Unchallenged

Ok so just got back, 10 mates and I hired a bus and drove up to Sydney from Melbourne to go see the Big Day Out music festival. It was unbelievable and amazing and WHOA one of the best experiences of my life. So many amazing bands. I did end up missing some because of the logistics (2 bands playing 2 different stages at the same time) but I am so so happy to have experienced what I did. Spent most of the day at the double main stage. 40 degree heat, had security spray hoses into the crowd in attempt to cool people off. I was so so close to so many bands that I absolutely love.

In order of seeing them: Blue Juice, Karnivool, KissChasy, Kasabian, Eskimo Joe, Hilltop Hoods, Dizzee Rascal, Lily Allen, The Mars Volta, Powderfinger, Muse, Fear Factory.

Feel free to check out photos!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … =212901563

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#624 26 Jan 10 :: 09:29

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

That's awesome, Kate!
I love the bands Fear Factory and Muse!  big_smile

#625 26 Jan 10 :: 18:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I swear, next time Muse comes to Germany, I. WILL. BE. THERE.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer