#51 03 Feb 08 :: 09:03

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Re: 2x08 Friday Night

I think the exact opposite, Susanna. I liked Judith and felt compassion for her passing. I mostly felt for Joan though. Your opinion is good though. Kudos!

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#52 03 Feb 08 :: 09:54

notsofairytale

I actually didn't care much for Judith's character either. In fact, I thought she was the one Adam (ahem) with since I read spoilers practically everywhere (they just didn't mention a name) so I already had a sort of prejudice towards her, but after a while, especially in P.O.V, she grew on me. However, I was kind of unaffected by her passing as well. Like Melody, I felt more for Joan. Oh, and I was also bummed out for Friedman. In the end, she was a very cool, well-rounded character.. esp. since she wasn't the one Adam (ahem) with, hahaha.

Joan: "Wow. I always thought you'd hate me if I was a cheerleader."
Adam: "No way. Why?
Joan: "Because we're subdefectives and it'd be like deserting the army or something."
Adam: "Oh, no. I don't care if you're a cheerleader, subdefective, or whatever. I just like hanging out with you because.. you're Jane."

#53 03 Feb 08 :: 10:39

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Yeah, I mean I felt sad because of Joan (and Friedman, poor Friedman sad), so I guess it worked on that level. But I didn't feel sad that Judith had died. Just for the affect it had on other characters.

tesig1.jpg

#54 03 Feb 08 :: 13:26

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I didn't hate Judith. I didn't love her either. Mostly, I just didn't like her that much because she seemed to be pushing Adam and Joan further apart, wedging herself in between them to take some of Joan for herself. As an avid Adam/Joan shipper, of course the idea didn't agree with me. Strangely enough, now that I think about it, doesn't it usually happen the other way round? You have a circle of friends you spend time with, and suddenly you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend and you spend more time with him/her than with your other friends, at least for a while. And sometimes your other friends will feel neglected.

But that's beside the point... I can't say I was deeply saddened by Judith's death for Judith's character's sake. Like Susanna, I felt more for those that were affected and left behind. Mostly, to me Judith was a tragic character. And she was introduced as such. Troublemaker, kinda masochistic in that she wasn't afraid to hurt herself or put herself in harm's way to attract attention. Which then killed her in the end. It was hard for me to feel sympathy for that. But it'll always leave the question if her life could have been spared if someone had just been paying a little more attention at what she was trying to do. And I believe that was one of the things that Adam, Joan and the rest of the gang must have been wondering about at some point after her death too. In fact, Deb and I put something about it into our Butterflies story in one of the later chapters.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#55 03 Feb 08 :: 13:42

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I second what Tina said.

I hugged the Seeker!

#56 03 Feb 08 :: 14:50

magicalturkey
Website

I actually really hated Judith for the first couple episodes she was in, then she grew on me and I liked her... then they killed her.

LifeSucks.jpg

#57 03 Feb 08 :: 17:09

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, I liked her better and better as season 2 progressed. I loved the scene between her and Adam in POV. But I never really bonded with her as a character.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#58 03 Feb 08 :: 20:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Here's something nobody has mentioned, I came out of the whole Judith arc a fan of Sprague Grayden.  I'd follow her anywhere.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#59 03 Feb 08 :: 20:07

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Judith was not my favorite character and I have to admit, I didn't like her at the beginning, but I was sad when she died.

I hugged the Seeker!

#60 04 Feb 08 :: 03:12

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I hated Judith for the first few episodes. I just didn't like her, she does grow on me to a certain extent though, just not the extent made out in the commentary.

Even now when I go to watch s2 JoA, I prefer to watch the episodes without Judith.

tesig1.jpg

#61 04 Feb 08 :: 03:19

magicalturkey
Website

I think I liked Judith so much because of what she obviously meant to Joan.   They probably wouldn't have been able to get through camp without each other.

LifeSucks.jpg

#62 04 Feb 08 :: 04:47

colorthestars
Website

I have to agree with some of the posters here. I really wasn't fond of Judith, except for a select few scenes (like the one with Adam in POV) where she showed that she actually cared about the people around her. However, I never really connected with the character. I, like some others, only really responded to the other characters reactions to her death. It was one of the only times in the show that Friedman showed a side of him that was above his normal role as annoyance of the group.

I thought Sprague was wonderful in this. She did a really good job at acting, even though there were a lot of moments where I found Judith frustrating.

If we go by the episode dates, Judith died the day after the anniversary of the death of Adam's mother. Maybe that's why he was so jerk-like and left Joan at the hospital? Either way, I felt he redeemed himself at the end of the episode.

subdefectives.jpg

#63 04 Feb 08 :: 05:15

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

magicalturkey wrote:

I think I liked Judith so much because of what she obviously meant to Joan.   They probably wouldn't have been able to get through camp without each other.

Well said, Laura.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#64 02 Aug 09 :: 04:01

taylor_27

NOOOOOOOO!!! Not Judith!!!:angry:

#65 02 Aug 09 :: 04:35

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, just when we finally start to like her, huh?  But what a powerful, gut-wrenching ep!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#66 02 Aug 09 :: 04:44

taylor_27

I saw some parts of Something Wicked This Way Comes a couple years ago so I knew one of Joan's friends died but I wasn't sure who and then in walks Judith.... I really related to her character and loved her, I felt the sisterly connection between her and Joan, it just sucks!

I get why Joan was mad at Adam, at first I expected her to smack him, pushing works too, but yea he's just a kid who went through something similar and he couldn't handle it, thats understandable...

The ep eneded like 10 min ago and I'm still sniffling and teary eyed, I feel bad for Friedman also... and then Joan actually saw her die and was in the room with her, that's like the worst IMO.

#67 02 Aug 09 :: 05:21

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yes, yes, yes!!!  Those are all the reasons why that ep affects me so much.  I ache for everyone.  It was just so damn sad.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#68 02 Aug 09 :: 06:36

colorthestars
Website

I get why Joan was mad at Adam, at first I expected her to smack him, pushing works too, but yea he's just a kid who went through something similar and he couldn't handle it, thats understandable...

I felt the same way. Although, I thought he redeemed himself a little in that last scene.

subdefectives.jpg

#69 02 Aug 09 :: 06:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

He did.  It was so sweet the way he just let her get her anger out and then comforted her.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#70 02 Aug 09 :: 08:05

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

taylor_27 wrote:

I saw some parts of Something Wicked This Way Comes a couple years ago so I knew one of Joan's friends died but I wasn't sure who and then in walks Judith.... I really related to her character and loved her, I felt the sisterly connection between her and Joan, it just sucks!

The ep eneded like 10 min ago and I'm still sniffling and teary eyed, I feel bad for Friedman also... and then Joan actually saw her die and was in the room with her, that's like the worst IMO.

I cry whever I watch the episode too. I feel the worst for Friedman and Joan.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

#71 23 May 10 :: 07:52

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I needed a fix and chose this one for some reason.  Cried almost all the way through it.  This show still has so much power over me.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#72 23 May 10 :: 19:42

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I posted about watching the ep on Facebook and Beck Wahlstrom commented: "And that chick who plays Grace is so hot! big_smile" LOL!  This kind of thing is why I love FB.  big_smile

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#73 23 May 10 :: 23:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

LOL Cool!

I hugged the Seeker!

#74 24 May 10 :: 01:24

fangirl1891

I liked Judiths character. Parts of her reminded me of my sister. Mostly the self destructive streak, but when she wasn't also how lively she was.

Joan - I didn't take back my photos from the yearbook. I got fired. I'm not a photographer or an artist like Iris. I'm not a literary editor or...  A science geek or anything. I'm-- I mean, I tried to be, but I'm not. I'm really just... digging around in the garbage trying to... find something that matters.

Adam - That's what I love about you, Jane.

Board footer