#101 21 Oct 10 :: 15:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Re: If Chris Could Play Any Role...

If I let myself think that way, I would hate the little shit even more than I already do, if that's even possible.  I just want to keep our guy as far, far away from that guy for the rest of our lives.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#102 21 Oct 10 :: 16:44

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, I don't want Chris to be connected to Sheephead either, but I can't change that I had those things in my head. I totally hated it. I guess it's just that I'm desperately waiting for seeing Chris playing a big part in a big movie finally. He deserves it more than anyone else and what do we get? There are all these good movies coming out and they always feature the same faces. At least that's how it feels sometimes for me. I mean, I'm not saying the movies suck, I've seen some really great ones this year, really, but ... there is still something missing and I want to have that. Now!!!

I hugged the Seeker!

#103 21 Oct 10 :: 17:14

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

The movies really always do have the same faces.  Because they make money.  Not necessarily because they're good.  Look what's #1 in America this week.  Freakin' stupid Jackass 3D.  The average person has no taste, no brains and no discernment.  As long as that's the case (and it always will be) trash like Chia-pet will float to the top.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#104 21 Oct 10 :: 18:29

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I know you're gonna hate me for saying it, but Shia is hardly trash. He might not be the nicest guy as a person, but he can surely act. I only recently watched Eagle Eye, and I thought he did a great job. I know you think differently, Deb, but since you're refusing to watch anything he's in, I don't think you're in much of a position to judge. I mean, come on. If anyone was saying about Chris that he's trash, you'd totally bash that person. I don't wanna compare Chris to Shia because I'm very sure Chris as a person is way more decent than Shia, but I don't wanna hear Shia be called trash here either.

And, uh, Jackass 3D? Seriously? roll

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#105 21 Oct 10 :: 18:54

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Look, I wish I didn't ever have to think about him, speak of him, look at him or even know he exists, but there he is, all the time.  Throwing coffee at people and making headlines for just generally being a dickhead.  It's not my fault he acts like the worst kind of trailer trash all the time.  I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.  And I see crappy people.  :clueless:

And goddammit can we just please stop freakin' talking about this?  I'm sick of it!  I'd give anything if I never had to see Chris's name in the same post with his ever again.

And yeah, Jackass 3D.  Everyone apparently thinks is the funniest thing EVER.  :doh:

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#106 21 Oct 10 :: 22:49

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Well, I wasn't the one bringing him up. You can politely ask the members on this board not to mention him again, but I don't think we can start imposing rules that will forbid people talking about him. But maybe, you know, the next time he's mentioned again for rather benign reasons (I don't think anyone around here does it just to aggravate you), maybe you could just refrain from calling him names and getting all riled up again. And maybe then there wouldn't be any reason to even have this conversation (again).

Btw, I can understand just a little bit how you feel, because I have no desire whatsoever to watch any Robert Pattinson movie, no matter how often people keep telling me how good it is and what a great job he does. I just don't like the guy. At all. Why would I want to look at something for 90+ minutes that constantly reminds me of things I don't like? But it's still cool if the fans go nuts. You can have him all to yourselves. smile

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#107 24 Oct 10 :: 00:52

EOcean214
Dorquette

Whether we think he's good or bad Shia's gotta be doing something right because he's getting big roles!  Most of his movies are entertaining, no matter the caliber of acting.  Same with Pattinson, although watching "Remember Me," I think he's got a good fortune ahead of him outside of Twilight! smile

Chris, he would have been good on the Pacific or Band of Brothers role too I think.  Any war film, I could see him as a benevolent soldier.

Lindsey

#108 24 Oct 10 :: 08:14

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

I don't like Shia or Pattinson. They can't act in my opinion and are unattractive.

I met Marilyn Manson/Twiggy Ramirez 10/25/12! & Twiggy 2/9/14
Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#109 24 Oct 10 :: 19:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Btw, I can understand just a little bit how you feel, because I have no desire whatsoever to watch any Robert Pattinson movie, no matter how often people keep telling me how good it is and what a great job he does. I just don't like the guy. At all. Why would I want to look at something for 90+ minutes that constantly reminds me of things I don't like? But it's still cool if the fans go nuts. You can have him all to yourselves. smile

I think your problem is you just don't want to like him. But I checked out the other stuff he's done before (and after) Twilight and I really like what he does there. It's not only because of Twilight.
And yes, I did the same with Shia. I watched several movies he did, like I always do before I make a judgement about an actor or actress. (I still say watch How To Be and Remember Me before telling he's got no talent! tongue )
Anyways, everyone has to decide for themselves who they like and who they don't. No objection from me.

I hugged the Seeker!

#110 25 Oct 10 :: 09:16

Warbee
Unchallenged

No I get it....there are some people that just irk me. And I havent mentioned it before because I know I will get jumped on about it but I have that with Kristen Stewart. Something about her just nope...don't like her and its not just Twilight. Its sad because I havent seen the Runaways and I think it could be a great movie, but the idea of having her on screen for that long and have to watch it. Blergh!

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#111 25 Oct 10 :: 10:18

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

It's funny you should say that, Kate, but I'm not too fond of her either. Not to the point where I don't want to watch things she's in, though. At the Trekdinner on Friday night, I also talked to a friend of mine who said the exact same thing you did. She can't stand Kristen Stewart and isn't too keen on watching movies that she's in. I guess we all have our "red rag".

And, yep, I think for me it's also a little bit that I don't want to like "RPatz". But the fact that I don't find him attractive at all doesn't have anything to do with not wanting to like him. Of course I've seen him in the 4th Harry Potter movie, and I didn't mind him too much there. It's just this whole Twilight thing that's ruined it.

-TeeJay

#112 25 Oct 10 :: 15:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

"RPatz" is not a flaming asshole.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#113 25 Oct 10 :: 16:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

"RPatz" is not a flaming asshole.

Ne, he's definitely not a flaming asshole! He is a person doing a job, for God's sake. And everyone who hates him just because he's in Twilight should for God's sake watch Remember Me (or maybe even How To Be, which neither like Twilight nor like Remember Me) and then shut up forever. He's capable of so much more than just Twilight. Judging him only because he's in Twilight is like judging a handicapped person only by their handicap. It's just not fair! Same for KStew. She is not just Bella from Twilight, in fact she did a lot of other jobs I like a lot more (like Speak, The Runaways, The Cake Eaters ... and maybe even Welcome To The Rileys, which hasn't even been released yet). I may be a Twilight fan, but I just can't stand it anymore to see how the actors are being dissed and mis-appreciated just because they play the main characters. Really, the Twilight movies are parts of their job as an actor/actress! It's not like they live in those characters forever! :fedup:
Sorry, but things like that make me angry. I hate being underestimated just because of ONE thing.

I hugged the Seeker!

#114 25 Oct 10 :: 16:26

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

The crap that Kristen and Robert get is simply backlash.  It's people thinking they are sooooooo cool because they hate Twilight.  Why?   Because it's popular.  People love to tear down anything that's popular.

People hate Chia-pet because he's an overrated spoiled brat who does nothing but whine and get himself in trouble.  And I am NOT the only one who can't stand him for Chrissake.  Just go on his IMDb board, or Talkback on AICN sometime.  I think there are even Chia-pet bashing groups on Facebook.

As I said before, I wish we could drop the damn subject.  Because once again, we have ruined a CHRIS MARQUETTE THREAD with all this nonsense.  And personally, I loathe talking about things that I don't like.  Which is why I'm not one of those jerks on IMDb posting crap all over his boards.  I've got better things to do with my time and I hate being put in a bad mood.  Especially when I'm trying to get through a work day.

So can we please just stop???  :witsend:

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#115 25 Oct 10 :: 16:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Oh yeah, definitely. roll Those "people" are so pathetic, it makes me feel sorry for Kristen and Robert and all the other actors affected by that. Maybe I overreacted a bit in my last post, but like I said, I just couldn't stand it anymore. And this thread wasn't the only place that happened. It's all over the net, but I won't start on that now.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted my thoughts about that Wallstreet movie here. But how was I supposed to know that something like that is the result? I was just talking about a thought that came to my head and I thought this was the place to talk about it. Obviously I was wrong about that. Well, next time I'll just keep everything to myself.

I hugged the Seeker!

#116 31 Oct 10 :: 07:15

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Ditto, Deb and Anne. I second what ya'll said.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg
I met Otep and One Eyed Doll 8/30/12, Kathleen Hanna 10/30/11 Lacuna Coil 4.24 mars 9.27 miw 11.6

#117 01 Nov 10 :: 12:02

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

yes, PLEASE! lets drop the la poop talk. it's making my eyes burn. Everytime I see this thread in the highlight, I get very exited and go thru the same "if Chris could play any role... excuse me? IF?! But he can! What cool roles are we talking now?!"-thing. It's a huge anti-climax to see it's just this la poop crap. stop making me and Deb and groan in frustration people!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have a game.

One poster posts a genre.

The next three posters post an adjective to discribe the character. ANY kind of an adjective, because Chris really could play any role. it can be anything discribing from looks to personality.

Next poster posts a name.

Next poster posts a place. preferably not a name of a town. nothing too specific, just a general setting. describe the surroundings a bit.

And so on. If every poster posted a couple of lines of things that have to do with building up a  movie, it would be great.

Then the ones of us that are looking for something to inspire us into writing some cool stories, have something new to work with. I've actually been brainstorming over writing a little script for a short movie. Just to practice. It would be so inspiring to build it around Chris. big_smile I need some help to think out of my comfort zone.

Last edited by CappuGirl (01 Nov 10 :: 12:04)

joa219crysig.jpg

#118 02 Nov 10 :: 01:40

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Thank you, Maria!  :dancing:

See?  It's not just me.  I think we can certainly declare a moratorium in this thread since it's off topic anyway.

I'll start the game...

ROMANCE!!!

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#119 03 Nov 10 :: 06:12

Warbee
Unchallenged

Hahaha ok I will continue....adjective right?

Awkward wink

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#120 04 Nov 10 :: 05:57

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette

Adjective #2: crazy.

Mel.jpg 2ylsbih.jpg

Board footer