#826 23 Jan 11 :: 06:48

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Re: Road Trippin'

Have a great time, TJ! I want to go to NC. I was born in California. I dont like it at all.

#827 23 Jan 11 :: 11:10

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Have a nice trip! big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

#828 23 Jan 11 :: 11:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Are you going to have time to see anything?  San Diego's very pretty.  One of my favorites places I've visited.  LaJolla is nice and Hillcrest as well.

I probably won't get to see anything in San Diego. We have a morning-till-evening schedule, with the meeting starting around 8:30 or 9 and then in the evenings business dinners. It's an Investigator Meeting for our studies, where we always have to make nice and small-talk and just basically represent. I don't like that part at all, but at least I know that I'm gonna have a good time with my colleagues who I love (who are all coming). There might be a chance to do something on Saturday afternoon/evening because the meeting is only until lunch. Let's see.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#829 23 Jan 11 :: 20:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I hope you have a little time to see at least some of the area.  It's way nicer than LA.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#830 24 Jan 11 :: 01:12

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Wow, looks like everybody is going to San Diego lately. A friend of mine moved there in December to go to university for a year. I wish I could have joined her. *sigh*
HAve a great trip, Tina.

I hugged the Seeker!

#831 26 Jan 11 :: 08:00

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Just checking in to wave a goodbye! Off to San Diego in about half an hour. I'll drop by some time when I've arrived and have internet access.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#832 26 Jan 11 :: 17:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

OK, hope it's a fairly pleasant trip, even without sightseeing. smile

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#833 26 Jan 11 :: 18:52

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I'm still jealous. I want to go back to Cali,too. Or back to London. Or just abroad. I'm so tired of being stuck in Germany. (Sorry for the rant.)

I hugged the Seeker!

#834 27 Jan 11 :: 16:19

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I can now report I have finally made it to San Diego. The trip went well, but I was up for a solid 23 hours without any naps. I fell into bed like a rock at 10 PM (local time) and slept for an uninterrupted seven hours. So let's see what today brings.

-TeeJay

#835 27 Jan 11 :: 18:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Glad to hear you've arrived safely. Have fun! (If you have time to, I mean.)

I hugged the Seeker!

#836 02 Feb 11 :: 23:20

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Canceled flights = not awesome. We're spending one more day in Raleigh now, hopefully to fly out tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

-TeeJay

#837 02 Feb 11 :: 23:40

EOcean214
Dorquette

good luck.  How'd you like Raleigh?  I went to camp close to there when I was younger. Pretty landscaping around those parts.

Lindsey

#838 03 Feb 11 :: 04:10

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Have fun in North Carolina! Im super jealous. One of my bestfriends lives there.

#839 03 Feb 11 :: 06:38

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I was here for work, so I didn't really get to see any of the area. All I've seen is the office, the Crabtree mall, a Best Buy, a Ross, a Walmart, a liquor store and the places where we went to eat. And the hotel and airport, of course. It's my second time in Raleigh, but I didn't see anything exciting the first time either. So the best thing about it has been getting together with the colleagues from our Raleigh office (whom I adore, they're all great).

-TeeJay

#840 03 Feb 11 :: 06:46

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

I might be going up there to see Carol Burnett do her "Evening With" show in April.  Elaine and I really want to, it's just a mater of finding a way to pay for it, as always.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#841 09 Feb 11 :: 19:51

EOcean214
Dorquette

keeping fingers crossed the snow and ice melt tomorrow so I can go to new orleans for my curriculum training.

Lindsey

#842 19 Feb 11 :: 13:22

Warbee
Unchallenged

Alright, so on the trek home...

From May 15th until now. I bet its going to be so strange but FANTASTIC to see everyone. I bet I will cry when I see my mum and dad. I was already getting teary on the plane just thinking about it earlier. But BLERGH!!! does the plane ride REALLY have to be this long? I left Paris on an hour plane ride to London, to Singapore (12 hours) and then after an hour and a half stop over its like another 8 hours or so onto Melbourne....

Anyway might be out of action for a few days while I recover from jetlag and hang out with family and friends from home. I have had such a fantastic experience and feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to do it. I would recommend traveling to anyone! Just maybe not for as long as I have....or if you do wanna go for as long, STOP! rest in one spot for a little while. I just felt so exhausted so often. Anyway better run. Wouldnt want to miss the connecting flight now!!

Love you guys!

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#843 19 Feb 11 :: 16:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hope you have a very safe rest of the journey, Kate! And that jet lag goes away soon.

On a similar note, I'm actually off to Turkey with my mom tomorrow for a week. I've decided not to take my laptop, so I don't expect to be only at all for a whole week. Will I make it without major withdrawal symptoms? Time will tell. smile See you all next Sunday. I'll be back on Feb 27. Behave while I'm gone! And I'm really hoping to read some good Chris news when I'm back. You know, like a cool TV guest spot or scoring a big movie role or something.

-TeeJay

#844 19 Feb 11 :: 20:08

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Everything always happens when you're gone, so maybe. What are you guys gonna do in Turkey?

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#845 19 Feb 11 :: 20:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Vacation trip with my mom. It's a guided tour kinda thing. We're taking a trip up the Mediterranean coast. Lots of sightseeing, hopefully nice landscape. It's something my mom wanted to do, because Turkey wouldn't really be a country where I'd choose to go if I planned my vacation. Still, I'm sure it's going to be a nice trip with lots to see. There's also friends of my mom who are coming, and one of them is also bringing her daughter.

-TeeJay

#846 19 Feb 11 :: 21:10

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Are you gonna get to see any of the cool ancient ruins? There's some amazing stuff there.  Ancient churches built into cliff faces and of course Gobekli Tepe, stuff like that?  I'd LOVE to do that someday.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#847 20 Feb 11 :: 18:07

EOcean214
Dorquette

TeeJay wrote:

Vacation trip with my mom. It's a guided tour kinda thing. We're taking a trip up the Mediterranean coast. Lots of sightseeing, hopefully nice landscape. It's something my mom wanted to do, because Turkey wouldn't really be a country where I'd choose to go if I planned my vacation. Still, I'm sure it's going to be a nice trip with lots to see. There's also friends of my mom who are coming, and one of them is also bringing her daughter.

-TeeJay

Have a fabulous time!  Just for the future, my parents went to Turkey this past summer and loooved it.  They've travelled a lot and they said that was their favorite place they've been!  I hope  you and your mother see lots of interesting things and post some pictures when you can!!! Be safe!

Lindsey

#848 21 Feb 11 :: 00:47

Warbee
Unchallenged

Turkey was one place I never made it on my travels, but want to go back to Europe and see it! Hope you have a great time TeeJay!

-- Kate

"I will mix my tongue with strings and drums, and give my soul away " --
KissChasy

#849 21 Feb 11 :: 23:54

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

Everything always happens when you're gone, so maybe. What are you guys gonna do in Turkey?

Yeah, like they're going to announce Chris as a presenter at the Oscars! LOL wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#850 26 Feb 11 :: 08:02

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Have fun and be safe TJ and Kate!!!

Board footer