#51 26 Oct 13 :: 20:37

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Re: TV Discussion Thread

I like Tomorrow people, but I'm still kind of expecting it to pick up speed and get better, waiting for the actors to really settle into their roles. they feel a bit novice. maybe they didn't have enough time to prepare.

Grimm is back! I liked the premier! big_smile not telling more. spoilers.

I finally checked out Anna Faris' new show Mom. it's pretty good. big_smile

Hart of Dixie is a show I like so very much for some reason. Maybe it's the "summer all the time"-thing. I love that in shows.

I'm all caught up on Covert affairs. amazing season! big_smile

Ravenswood started the other night. Still wondering if I should check it out if I haven't been really into Pretty Little Liars. isn't it in the same "universe"?

I'm so excited to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Dracula! big_smile Going to check that out tonight smile

Oh and I checked out Witches of west end! big_smile It's great! Really brings Charmed to mind. also, Jenna Dewan-Tatum is so pretty. tongue

joa219crysig.jpg

#52 26 Oct 13 :: 21:35

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

CappuGirl wrote:

Ravenswood started the other night. Still wondering if I should check it out if I haven't been really into Pretty Little Liars. isn't it in the same "universe"?

I watched the pilot. (Today, in fact.) Not because I was super interested in it, but because Brett Dier (from Bomb Girls) was in it. I've interacted a few times with him on Twitter and Facebook, he's funny. Kind of a clown, really. He does hilarious Vines. So watching it was more out of loyalty to him.

I don't know PLL at all, so I have no idea how they're connected, but I have to admit, I was super bored with Ravenswood. I can appreciate the occasional teenie show (after all, I liked Life Unexpected), but Ravenswood kinda felt like a teen soap that was trying hard to be scary but didn't quite succeed. I think I'm getting a little too fed up with those glossy American shows where they cast 25-year-olds to play high school kids, who all look perfectly styled and dressed. Ugh. So, yeah, I think I'm gonna give the rest of the season a wide berth, Brett or no Brett.

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#53 24 Nov 13 :: 08:05

EOcean214
Dorquette

I got suckered into watching C.S.I today and got caught up on all current episodes.  I can't believe its been on for 14 years and still keeps my interest!  I got into it about season 4 and never stopped watching.  I think it's still good even with all the cast changes.   wink

The Originals by far has  been my new favorite show of the year.  I stopped watching The Tomorrow People.  I think Dracula would be more interesting if it wasn't about vampires but just the person, the backdrop and character without the vampire are interesting enough to hold a show.  I'm hanging in there with Sleepy Hollow.  I quit watching Ravenswood after the second episode.  Pretty boring....

Lindsey

#54 27 Nov 13 :: 06:42

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

i love dexter and breaking bad. also walking dead, criss angel believe, AHS

#55 24 Dec 13 :: 17:52

EOcean214
Dorquette

I couldn't get into Dexter.  I like breaking bad but its too serious for me right now! smile  I enjoy walking Dead.  I liked the first season of AHS but haven't watched it since.

I've been watching Downton Abbey uncontrollably!

Lindsey

#56 20 Jan 14 :: 01:01

CappuGirl
Dorquette
Website

Somebody at IMDB made a LIST about the new shows of 2014. Interesting stuff big_smile have to check out Girl meets World! big_smile

joa219crysig.jpg

Board footer