#101 12 May 07 :: 23:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Road Trippin'

Yeah, it was a pretty cool trip, even though it wasn't all pleasure and the flight is a killer.

Forgot to post this one from Rangitoto Island. You can guess who the blob in the orange jacket is. wink

Rangitoto_10.jpg

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#102 13 May 07 :: 04:08

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Nice pics. I've never been to Christchurch, but I've been to Auckland quite a few times and always love it.

tesig1.jpg

#103 13 May 07 :: 12:40

OhGnarly

Wow, TeeJay. Those photos are amazing. I love the colors.

#104 13 May 07 :: 12:48

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Thanks. Well, I only picked the best ones. smile And New Zealand really is that green. I wish I could go back some time and see more of the country. Must be wonderful when you get the chance to go outside of the cities. I'm sure Susanna has something to contribute here, don't you, Susanna? Auckland was a little too busy for my taste. All the construction work on Queen Street was a little annoying and there were so many people. I'm not very good with crowds. The Sky Tower was scary. I'm not good with heights either. LOL But the view was fantastic. I can't believe people actually bungee jump off it. I'd die before they even let me loose!

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#105 14 May 07 :: 03:51

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

The inner city is always really busy, but compared to other countries big cities it's probably nothing. After all, Auckland is the biggest city and has a quarter of the population. I've spent many hours staring outside the car windows at endless farmland which is basically everywhere between the cities. Lot's of cows, lot's of sheep. But don't start on the sheep jokes, we get enough of them from the Australians and they're not even that funny. smile

I'm glad you think NZ is green, there's always a big thing about how "not green" we actually are, when our image is as a "clean green" country. Honestly though, I've only ever been to Melbourne which is quite similiar in many ways, so I can't compare that well.

tesig1.jpg

#106 14 May 07 :: 09:51

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Lots of green, lots of sheep, that sounds quite like Ireland. LOL

Joke, of course there's a difference. big_smile
It's just that I have been to Ireland a few times and it's also a very "green" country and there are also a lot of sheeps. And cows too, I guess. I hope one day I can go to NZ too. *sigh*

I hugged the Seeker!

#107 15 May 07 :: 05:40

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

I think it's a little warmer here in NZ smile

tesig1.jpg

#108 15 May 07 :: 20:14

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Warmer than where? Ireland? Let me tell you, it does NOT rain all the time in Ireland. Anybody who says that is WRONG. They have quite a lot of nice and sunny days. I was there three times. I know it.

I hugged the Seeker!

#109 16 May 07 :: 06:41

Susanna
Cute lil' horndog

Well it depends on what part of NZ. I'm probably biast in that I live in quite a warm area of NZ, but some parts like the south can get quite cold. And Auckland often has "four seasons in one day" (to quote a Crowded House song).

tesig1.jpg

#110 16 May 07 :: 19:31

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Hello hello from friendly neighborhood globetrotter. I will be off to Dublin, Ireland tomorrow morning, this time vacation for real (no work!). I will be back on Tuesday, but if the B&B we're staying at really has free wireless internet access, I should be able to log in every now and then, maybe share some pictures with you. Otherwise I'll be back with you on Tuesday. smile

-TeeJay

#111 16 May 07 :: 19:48

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Have fun.

I hugged the Seeker!

#112 16 May 07 :: 19:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Anything you want me to bring from Ireland?

-TeeJay

#113 16 May 07 :: 20:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, your butt, back to reality.  Enough trips!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#114 16 May 07 :: 20:48

OhGnarly

Have fun TeeJay! You really are quite the world traveler. Being almost full Irish, I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Hopefully someday.

#115 16 May 07 :: 20:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Sisterdebmac wrote:

LOL! I hear ya! Hey, it wasn't really planned that there would be all these business trips to take right around this time when I initially booked the flight to Ireland. Otherwise I probably would have chosen another time of year. Because I'm getting sick of having to live out of suitcases by now. And, gee, I will fly to the UK for two days again next Thursday and Friday too.

And it surely won't be my last trip to Slough. If things keep moving ahead with this new project I'm working on right now, I estimate at least another five trips to the UK this year, maybe a few to Belgium. Hopefully one of them will be around the time The Invisible is released in the cinemas over there. Wouldn't that be cool? Oh, Alpha Dog is showing in Ireland right now, btw. So I theoretically could watch it in the theater again, but I don't think I can convince my friend Anja to watch it with me. Totally not her kind of movie.

OhGnarly wrote:

Have fun TeeJay! You really are quite the world traveler. Being almost full Irish, I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Hopefully someday.

You'll find your way over here one day, Brenna. Ireland is really beautiful. I've been once before and I've always wanted to go back. This will mostly be a city trip for me, but I'd love to go for another two or three weeks some time to see more of the beautiful countryside.

-TeeJay

#116 16 May 07 :: 21:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Sisterdebmac wrote:

:rofl: Yeah, definitely!

Uhm, do they have these caramel cookies you brought me from Ireland there, too? I loved them.
But no, you don't need to bring me something from Ireland. I have been there myself three times and I hope to go there soon again.
The more important question is: Did you bring me something from Australia or NZ? wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#117 17 May 07 :: 15:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Safely arrived in Dublin. For some reason wireless access from our room doesn't work, maybe we just don't have reception since we're on the top story. I'll try again tonight downstairs in the dining room. Right now I'm on the free internet computer in the lobby. More later!

-TeeJay

#118 17 May 07 :: 15:17

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Have fun!

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#119 17 May 07 :: 16:09

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Are you planning to visit the National Museum? If so, say hi to Lily please. wink
Oh, and if you go there, would you mind to buy a plastic pen in the museum shop for me? I bought one as a souvenir three years ago, but I somehow lost it. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#120 17 May 07 :: 23:49

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

The first photos from Dublin. They're not great, but there you go.

Dubin_01.jpg

Dubin_02.jpg

Dubin_03.jpg

Dubin_04.jpg
I have one comment to make to the above picture:
Butt.jpg

Dubin_05.jpg

Dubin_06.jpg

Dubin_07.jpg

Dubin_08.jpg

Dubin_09.jpg

Dubin_10.jpg

Dubin_11.jpg

Dubin_12.jpg

-TeeJay

#121 18 May 07 :: 00:32

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

And look which DVDs I bought today:
51T7A7BDBWL._AA240_.jpg 516F4NBSCGL._AA240_.jpg

They were bargain price, so I couldn't resist. I don't know either movie yet, though.

-TeeJay

#122 18 May 07 :: 01:31

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

You've heard enough about Little Miss Sunshine to imagine that you'll probably like it, right?  I have but I still haven't seen it.  Really wanna though.  Dave and I saw Scanner in the theatre because we're huge fans of Richard Linklater's movies.  The only things in his entire catalog that I haven't seen yet are Fast Food Nation and Before Sunset.  My favorite is Dazed & Confused, still and always. 

A few of your pics turned out great.  I like that first one from the plane.  The tower thingie is impressive.  And the last two shots are very cool.

But, girl, looking at you standing there with your back pack on, your posture is making MY back hurt.  Not to go all McMom on you, but you gotta try not to slouch like that if you want your back to get better.  And by the way, this is totally the pot calling the kettle black here.  I have the worst posture on the planet.  But I'm not hurting like you are.

As Paula Poundstone once joked about her own bad posture, "Eventually I hope to bend all the way forward and become the letter O."

lol

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#123 18 May 07 :: 12:24

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Those pictures make we wanna go there again right now. roll
Three years ago we went on this guided bus tour too, it was kinda cool.

And hey, believe it or not, but I was reading something about that movie the other day, "A Scanner Darkly" and it seemed pretty cool, so I put it on my "DVDs to buy" List and I always wanted to buy LIttle Miss Sunshine too. So yeah, I hope the internship goes well and I'll have the job afterwards. I need the money. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#124 18 May 07 :: 15:23

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Scanner's really weird.  It's not for everybody.  But I loved it.

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#125 18 May 07 :: 21:27

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I watched the trailer and I am pretty sure I am going to like it. I'll buy it too.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer