#51 18 Jan 07 :: 00:43

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: If Chris Could Play Any Role...

Yeah man! An audition tape would be fab. Dream on.... wink

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#52 18 Jan 07 :: 00:48

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I do already. LOL tongue

I hugged the Seeker!

#53 18 Jan 07 :: 02:19

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

He probably didn't audition for either JoA or Huff.  One generally only auditions when TPTB are not familiar with their work.  He had already worked for Babara Hall on Judging Amy.  And Huff is a Sony show that CBS actually owned so they already knew very well what he was capable of since he literally grew up on the Sony lot and spent two years as a regular on a CBS show.

He didn't audition for Alpha Dog either, for the record.  Nick doesn't really audition.  He just meets with the actor and talks to them about the role.  He says if he likes them and they can talk intelligently about their character, they're in.  And Matt confirmed that all he did was introduce Nick and Chris and he was pretty much hired on the spot.

But the others would be interesting to see.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#54 18 Jan 07 :: 09:31

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, I just said that it would be interesting to see the audition, that doesn't mean that the audition has to be real. If there is no audition we could watch - okay, then there is no audition. Bad luck. So no matter if there really are audtion tapes or not, I can still have the dream to watch them. I just that the thought about that and I wanted to share.

I hugged the Seeker!

#55 11 Feb 07 :: 01:39

JoA_Lover

Even though I absolutely looooove Paul Dano as Dwayne in Little Miss Sunshine, I think Chris would have been very interesting in the role.

#56 11 Feb 07 :: 01:53

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

That's so funny you should mention it, because Chris just said to Deb that Little Miss Sunshine was one of the most recent DVDs he's bought. I don't know the movie, but somehow I think I should look into it now.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#57 11 Feb 07 :: 03:58

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

It's definitely on my list of things I want to see.  It has been nominated for all kinds of awards.  Paul Dano's part is either mostly or totally silent, isn't it?  Chris is into Charlie Chaplin, so I bet he could've done a lot with that role indeed.

Deb

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#58 11 Feb 07 :: 11:10

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I just checked my usual online stores. The DVD only just came out, right? Amazon.de only has a UK import (€€€€!), cd-wow.net wants 22 EUR and axelmusic.com still wants 19 EUR plus postage. I usually don't buy DVDs for more than 15 EUR, it's one of my rules (unless I want something really really badly). So I guess I'll wait until the price comes down a little. It definitely sounds like a good movie. Was it shown in the theaters in the US? I haven't seen any advertisement for it over here.

Okay, looked around some. It was in the theaters here as well, release date Nov 30, 2006. Looks like I missed all the good stuff last year. But then again, they never showed any of the good stuff without dubbing.

-TeeJay

#59 11 Feb 07 :: 14:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I wanted to watch the movie in the theaters, but Nathalie wasn't interested in it, so we went to see Night At The Museum. But I'll just wait until the DVD' is out here, because I wanted to buy it anyway. I've seen trailers and read some reviews, so I'm sure I'm going to like the movie and it would be a nice addition to my (yet very small) DVD collection.

I hugged the Seeker!

#60 11 Feb 07 :: 21:11

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Yeah, it was in the theatre here. I wanted to see it but I just haven't had any extra money to spend on movies.  I'll probably rent it someday in the not too distant future.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#61 14 Feb 07 :: 03:47

JoA_Lover

Oh man, you guys MUST SEE IT!
It's one of my favourite movies and I think it's the best movie of 2006.
Sisterdebmac- Yes, Paul Dano is pretty much silent almost the whole movie, he's taken a vow of silence.
Oh man this movie is amazing!

#62 14 Feb 07 :: 04:05

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Cool. I'll see it as soon as I can.

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#63 14 Feb 07 :: 12:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I hope they'll bring the DVD out here soon, I need to see this.

I hugged the Seeker!

#64 16 Feb 07 :: 07:34

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

About the Castro thing, he could totally pull it off.  Roman nose, nice bone structure...

_40967074_nikita.jpg

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#65 16 Feb 07 :: 13:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

You know, I recently saw something on TV about Castro and I thought exactly the same. Or did I see it in a book? I can't remember, but it was either on TV or in a book.

I hugged the Seeker!

#66 28 Feb 07 :: 02:23

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Here's another thing I would have loved to see Chris in: Taken. I'm just watching the whole series on DVD, and it's a lot of fun. I watched the episode "Acid Test" last, and I was quite surprised to see another familiar face: Ryan Merriman. Know that kid from The Pretender, which I was huge on when they first aired it. Recognized his face right away. Boy, he has grown! He's 23 now. And I might just have enjoyed seeing Chris instead of him in the role as the Colonel's son. Even if he did meet his demise at the end of the episode.

In fact, there's a lot more familiar faces in Taken. Anton Yelchin, for one (great acting!). Joel Gretsch, Eric Close, Julie Benz, Ryan Hurst. Looking forward to watch the rest of the show.

-TeeJay

#67 28 Feb 07 :: 03:00

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Except Chris was way too young at the time Taken was made.  But it works in fantasy, I guess.  Yep, I love Ryan Merriman.  First saw him in a TV movie where he played a rodeo kid who gets paralyzed.  He was a knockout and he was only about 13 or so.  He's got a movie in the can with another favorite of mine, Haley Joel Osment called Home Of The Giants that I'm really looking forward to.  Like most of Chris's movies, it's an indie and has been completed for over a year.  sad

Deb

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#68 28 Feb 07 :: 10:45

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yeah, that's true that Chris probably too young back then. Though he's only a year younger than Ryan. I kinda keep forgetting that Taken is a few years old now. Little cutie Anton was enough proof of that. He seems so grown up when I see him now.

I remembered that Ryan was in Home Of The Giants when I read it on IMDb, and I also saw that it's still listed as "post-production". Yep, one of those on-the-shelf movies. It's too bad that these always take so long to be released. Sometimes it's really frustrating to be a Chris Marquette fan. <sigh>

-TeeJay

#69 28 Feb 07 :: 10:46

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Chris is Taken? Don't know if I would watch it. I saw a few episodes when it was here on TV but somehow I didn't like it so much. But I seem to have missed Anton Yelchin, maybe I would have liked it better with him. LOL
And I just realized that I only know two of Haley Joel Osment's movies, and both were shot when he still was a kid. I totally missed how he grew up. Too bad.

I hugged the Seeker!

#70 28 Feb 07 :: 10:58

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Anton was in two of the early episodes, he played the son of Julie Benz's and Eric Close's characters--a half-alien. But he looked normal, except when he did the black-eyes looking-into-your-soul thing.

I've only seen Haley in Sixth Sense and Pay It Forward, I think. Wasn't he also in A.I.? I can't recall having seen him as a more grown up kid. And I still think he looks weird, now that he's older (I know you don't agree, Deb).

-TeeJay

#71 28 Feb 07 :: 11:03

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

TeeJay wrote:

Anton was in two of the early episodes, he played the son of Julie Benz's and Eric Close's characters--a half-alien. But he looked normal, except when he did the black-eyes looking-into-your-soul thing.

Sounds scary. LOL

TeeJay wrote:

I've only seen Haley in Sixth Sense and Pay It Forward, I think. Wasn't he also in A.I.? I can't recall having seen him as a more grown up kid. And I still think he looks weird, now that he's older (I know you don't agree, Deb).

Oh, I have to correct myself, I've seen him in three movies, because I saw A.I. too. But I didn't like that movie so much. I've seen pictures of how he looks now, but I don't think he looks weird. He looks like ... a grown-up kid. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#72 28 Feb 07 :: 16:10

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I just watched Good Will Hunting (once again) and now I really wanna see Chris in something like that sometime. Maybe not as Will Hunting himself, but I think he could play a similar character.

I hugged the Seeker!

#73 20 May 07 :: 00:21

Baniku

He could be the new Harry Potter!!
I made a picture... 1179613201.JPG big_smile

- ... Niki ... -

#74 20 May 07 :: 09:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Niki, that picture isn't showing up for some reason. You sure you used the right URL?

Though I have a hard time seeing Chris as Harry... He's a little too old now, don't you think? wink

-TeeJay

#75 20 May 07 :: 09:38

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Cute!

1179613201.JPG

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

Board footer