#776 05 Jun 07 :: 22:08

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Re: Alpha Dog (STRONG LANGUAGE & ADULT CONTENT)

American History X is also a great one. Very intense. I love Ed Norton, I'm waiting for The Illusionist to come to Germany, actually. I don't get why there isn't even a release date for it yet over here. No distributor interested in bringing it to Germany? I can hardly believe that!

That's cool that you watch movies with your dad, Brenna. My parents never go to the cinema. They don't even really watch DVDs. They got their first DVD player last x-mas. (From me, hehe.) I believe Mom would watch DVDs, if Dad wasn't blocking the TV all the time. wink My dad is also a terrible zapper. I can't stand that, if there's nothing on that I really wanna watch, I just grab a DVD from the shelf or do something else. I'm a very selective viewer.

And, man, there are so many great movies out there that I still wanna watch. I recently bought The Notebook and Little Miss Sunshine, both of which I still have to watch. I also want to re-watch Collateral (which I also bought on DVD recently) and there's Before Sunrise and Before Sunset also still unwatched sitting on my DVD shelf.

But right now I gotta take care of Adam and Jamal in our latest chapter in Deb's and my fan fiction.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#777 05 Jun 07 :: 22:12

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

irina wrote:

i just read tee jay's review after she first saw the movie and it's so nice to see that she felt a lot like me. i mean last night ( more like morning ) when i wrote my thoughts i thought you might think i am too easily impressed.

No way! This movie is impressive. No doubt about it. We asked Chris in January what movie he's most proud of from those that he did recently. He said Alpha Dog. I think we all know why.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."

#778 05 Jun 07 :: 22:49

irina

sorry for the off topic, but you have before sunset and before sunrise and you did not watch them???
well, i can't speak for everyone, but i am hooked on them . i saw them so many times i can't count!!!!

#779 05 Jun 07 :: 23:25

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I've had them forever (months now, probably), but I just haven't been in the right mood to watch them. I'm sure I'll love them whenever I get around to watching them. It's just that this blasted website (okay, I don't mean it, I love the site), my TV shows and the rest of my scarce private life keep me busy most of the time. smile But now it's summer hiatus for the TV shows, so maybe I'll finally find the time.

-TeeJay

#780 06 Jun 07 :: 18:30

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I always wanted to watch these movies. Going to rent them soon, I think.

I hugged the Seeker!

#781 18 Jun 07 :: 14:18

Illinoisguy1
Banned

Region 2 DVD has been announced and you guys were probably expecting this, but the extras are exactly the same as on the Region 1 DVD that Universal put out.

Info below.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/alpha-dog3.html

#782 18 Jun 07 :: 14:27

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Oh, I would have been majorly surprised if we had gotten more or different extras on the European version. Release date for the DVD in Germany is October 2, 2007, I just checked. Don't think I'm gonna buy it, unless I find it for less than 10 EUR. But that's not likely for at least another year or so. I just don't wanna support that cheap-ass DVD version. I've pretty much given up hope for ever getting a special edition DVD and I have the movie at my disposal anyway, should I want to watch it again.

-TeeJay

#783 18 Jun 07 :: 19:59

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Same here. I am almost surprised that they put the Extras on the Region 2 DVD at all. Sometimes they don't do that. Which sucks. :fedup:

I hugged the Seeker!

#784 20 Jun 07 :: 18:41

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Another person who cried when Keith cried:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426883/boa … d/77377314

Maybe we should start collecting posts like these because I'm not sure Chris beleived me when I told him that many people say they first cried when he did.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#785 20 Jun 07 :: 18:57

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, we could open a thread about that in the Chris Digest ... if he ever has a look in there.

I hugged the Seeker!

#786 20 Jun 07 :: 20:53

LizzylovesChris8

I also cried because I felt so bad for Keith. The other kid didn't deserve to die and I think Keith shouldn't have even went with the guys since he knew they were going to kill him. Thats why he was all quiet while they started going up to the top. I think he did the right thing by going back to the car though.

Whoohoo.jpg
ChRiS MaRqUeTtE AnD LiZzY

#787 20 Jun 07 :: 20:59

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I think Keith went with them because Elvis already threatened him before. We never saw it in the actual movie, but there was a scene with Keith and Elvis on the hill when Elvis took Keith there to dig Zack's grave. Apparently in that scene Elvis told Keith to either help dig Zack's grave or dig his own grave along with it. So I think Keith knew that if he didn't go with them, they'd have punished him in one way or another. And I don't wanna know what that would have looked like. And ended in.

-TeeJay

#788 20 Jun 07 :: 21:31

LizzylovesChris8

Thats true. I wouldn't want to see that either. I still think the kid should have lived though. That was a very depressing movie.

Whoohoo.jpg

#789 20 Jun 07 :: 21:33

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

No, me neither. Although I'd REALLY like to see that scene on the hill! It's like THE scene in the movie, but thanks to Universal we'll never get to see it. roll

I hugged the Seeker!

#790 20 Jun 07 :: 21:34

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

LizzylovesChris8 wrote:

I still think the kid should have lived though. That was a very depressing movie.

Very depressing, and very shocking. It was an eye-opener for me. But I loved the movie in a way that it can be loved. I've seen it four times now. Three times in the theater and once on DVD. And I could watch it again right now and not get tired of it.

-TeeJay

#791 20 Jun 07 :: 21:38

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Yeah, even the German version was kinda good. But I prefer the English version any time! wink

I hugged the Seeker!

#792 20 Jun 07 :: 22:09

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Lizzy, you know it's based on a true story, right?  So they couldn't very well just decide not to show what really happened because it might depress people.  If you think it was a depressing movie, imagine what the kid's family felt like in real life.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#793 20 Jun 07 :: 22:21

LizzylovesChris8

I did know it was based on a true story I just feel so bad for the kid and his family. I did love the movie though.

Whoohoo.jpg

#794 30 Jun 07 :: 01:23

Illinoisguy1
Banned

I think this is for the Spanish release of the DVD, but I am not sure.

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name … e&sid=9927

The translated to English page:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u … uage_tools

If I read the Special Features correctly, it looks like the DVD will have a trailer, filmographies. Doesn't look like they even get the featurette.

Perhaps someone who can read that can translate it better.

Just thought I'd past it on.
Sorry if it's already known.

#795 30 Jun 07 :: 08:56

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Silvia, can you help out? You're Spanish... smile What special features are on the DVD exactly?

-TeeJay

#796 30 Jun 07 :: 10:49

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I wonder what "artistic card" means. LOL

I hugged the Seeker!

#797 01 Jul 07 :: 22:03

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

TeeJay found this yesterday.  It's kinda funny, kinda disturbing and, well, kinda sessy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gW2mvAu78

Deb,
Clueless.jpg

#798 01 Jul 07 :: 22:21

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Is this only with pictures?

I hugged the Seeker!

#799 01 Jul 07 :: 22:22

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Yes, it's only pictures. But it's still kinda cool. Except maybe for the song.

-TeeJay

#800 01 Jul 07 :: 22:23

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Ah, ok. Then I guess I don't need to watch this because I know all the pictures already.

I hugged the Seeker!

Board footer